Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UKIP MP number 2 coming up.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
You are still missing the point. UKIP want out of the EU because they do not want 'immigrants' in the UK. So why would they take us out of the EU, but then allow other European citizens to live and work here? What on earth would be the point?

Nicely twisted. UKIP want out of the EU because of the daily/yearly cost, the decisions made on our behalf by faces (unelected ) at the head of the EU, in fact the EU's snout into how we run our country. Do you think that the people of Germany, France etc are happy with being told what to do, who to prop up and which countries get in the club.
Do you remember a few years back the EU wanted to foist their flag on us.
Perhaps you are happy with this, i do believe the countries outside of the EU are fairing quite well.

Oh now the point you seem to dwell on, " UKIP want out of the EU because they do not want 'immigrants' in the UK"........have you read the manifesto, have you heard Farage and their views on immigration, well they are not going to stop immigration, a more sensible and chosen immigration (re on a needs basis) is what they actually state.

Jan 30, 2008
Maybe one day, ill see an UKIP voter, when interviewed on TV, claim its the EU they dont like rather than the 'immigration' issue. Not sure why people would try to even deny the parties main appeal to its voting base.
thanks for your input but you don't live here:whistle:
regards
DR

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Nicely twisted. UKIP want out of the EU because of the daily/yearly cost, the decisions made on our behalf by faces (unelected ) at the head of the EU, in fact the EU's snout into how we run our country. Do you think that the people of Germany, France etc are happy with being told what to do, who to prop up and which countries get in the club.
Perhaps you are happy with this, i do believe the countries outside of the EU are fairing quite well.

Oh now the point you seem to dwell on, " UKIP want out of the EU because they do not want 'immigrants' in the UK"........have you read the manifesto, have you heard Farage and their views on immigration, well they are not going to stop immigration, a more sensible and chosen immigration (re on a needs basis) is what they actually state.

The very phrase I would use to describe UKIP and many of their, ahem, arguments.

Every time you press UKIP and their supporters on a belief or claim, they backtrack and say 'oh, that's not what we actually believe. We've been misrepresented' or 'That's no longer official Party policy' or 'Er, well actually the person who said that is a maverick; we've kicked them out of the Party as unrepresentative'.

Farage and UKIP are as slippery as a buttered eel dipped in olive oil (ooh, sorry, foreign food reference).

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

Then a helluva lot of UKIP supporters are going to be very, very p*ssed off; they might well conclude that Farage is no better or different than the other mainstream political leaders!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Then a helluva lot of UKIP supporters are going to be very, very p*ssed off; they might well conclude that Farage is no better or different than the other mainstream political leaders!

They "might" but on the other hand they "might well conclude" that they are "very p*ssed off" with those that have been running (and not listening) to the electorate for many years now.
You seem happy with what we have/had.....some, and growing, are not.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
They "might" but on the other hand they "might well conclude" that they are "very p*ssed off" with those that have been running (and not listening) to the electorate for many years now.
You seem happy with what we have/had.....some, and growing, are not.

No, I'm not happy at all - but given Farage's public school, 'City' background and his professed admiration of Thacherite free market economics, I really don't believe he'll offer anything different to what we've had foisted on us for the last 30 years just more of the same !

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Because UKIP carefully avoid stating these policies in print, precisely so Farage - and people like you - can deny that they believe in such policies ('these are typical Leftie smears against us' - 'infamy, infamy, they've got it in for me!').

It's what UKIP candidates, members and supporters actually say which reveals what the Party members and supporters really want or believe, not some carefully worded statement or leaflet by the grinner-man Farage who's trying to persuade people that he's 'just a regular kinda guy' (just like that creep Blair used to do). In that respect, Farage is just as disingenuous and slippery as the other Party leaders.

:lolol:

Genius.

Personnally, I can't stand him.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
'Factual content'? What does that mean?

If you mean, 'is this the actual words used', then yes, it is.

You can guess all you want, I'll stick to facts here, ta.

Aside from that, your misery and misanthropy regarding people trying to get around our fine city doesn't interest me. It's your issue, not mine.

It was a straight forward question although you seem to struggle with it, or thinking you would try an be clever by deflecting the actual question: Is there anything factual about your comment "the UKIP 'answer' to the 'lycra-clad fascism' is to convert the Level into a car park."

So i will re phase it, Has UKIP actually said or printed anything that you can call on by way of a link or publication that has stated they are anti cyclist or they planned to use the Level as a car park or as i would guess you made it up. Or in plain terms were lying.

Is that easy enough for you?

And as point of order, although cyclists as not top of my xmas card list, it was tongue in cheek suggesting i would vote for them solely on the basis they were going to be anti cyclist.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Some genuine questions for you and other UKIP supporters.

How honest & open do you think Farage and UKIP are being about their views? Do you accept that they are presenting their ideology in a way that it is least offensive to regular people? If they hypothetically got into power - would you not find it deeply concerning that authoritarian, elitist, ultra-nationalist, hyperconservatives would be running the show?

Why ask, whatever the answer you have made up your mind with your quote "deeply concerning that authoritarian, elitist, ultra-nationalist, hyperconservatives would be running the show?
Reminder, how do we know "How honest & open do you think Farage and UKIP are being about their views".....they have not been in power and i'm not Mystic Meg.
How honest have the others been with their views, and have they been honest when in power.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Some genuine questions for you and other UKIP supporters.

How honest & open do you think Farage and UKIP are being about their views? Do you accept that they are presenting their ideology in a way that it is least offensive to regular people? If they hypothetically got into power - would you not find it deeply concerning that authoritarian, elitist, ultra-nationalist, hyperconservatives would be running the show?

That's nothing if a loaded question ! I might as well ask you if you were concerned that a very left wing, highly communist, heavy taxing party was running B&H council.

In direct answer to your two questions, are they being honest and open about their views ? No less and no more than Labour, the Tories, the Lib Dems or the Greens.

As for the second part, no I'm not concerned as your description is incorrect. Besides, anyone with any sense knows UKIP won't win power so it's a pointless question. What they have managed to do is bring the EU and immigration to the table of the main, normally deaf, parties. Without UKIP the the following wouldn't have happened :

> The Tories would not have promised an EU referendum
> The Green Party wouldn't have a policy of supporting an EU referendum
> Labour wouldn't have promised to extend the time it takes before immigrants can claim certain benefits

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The reason UKIP have gained such popularity is because people aren't asking those kinds of questions. If people really considered what Britain would look like under a UKIP government, I can't imagine how any regular person could possibly support them (although I accept some people genuinely do have far-right views)

By dissecting their manifesto we can see that they are authoritarian, elitist, ultra-nationalist and hyperconservative. This is their ideology and this is what people would really be voting for under the allure of their appealing anti-EU and anti-immigration headline making policies.

Then you have asked and answered your own question, on two posts, with the same text.....your opinion because as yet UKIP have not had the chance to prove or disprove your theory/opinion.....where as the other parties that HAVE been in power have managed to please/displease some/many.
I see you managed to slip in the trusted "far right views" to those who do not fancy your opinion.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
That's nothing if a loaded question ! I might as well ask you if you were concerned that a very left wing, highly communist, heavy taxing party was running B&H council.

In direct answer to your two questions, are they being honest and open about their views ? No less and no more than Labour, the Tories, the Lib Dems or the Greens.

As for the second part, no I'm not concerned as your description is incorrect. Besides, anyone with any sense knows UKIP won't win power so it's a pointless question. What they have managed to do is bring the EU and immigration to the table of the main, normally deaf, parties. Without UKIP the the following wouldn't have happened :

> Labour wouldn't have promised to extend the time it takes before immigrants can claim certain benefits

Well said Sir, not an "opinion" but what has actually happened

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
After watching a UKIP spokesperson on the Daily Politics today I found that his answers to tough questions on immigration were far more coherent than either of the two main parties MP's were, then one of these two had the bare-faced cheek to say the UKIP spokesperson had been incoherent in his replies. :angry:

After this exchange I carried on to watch Prime Ministers Questions at midday, can't say the loud heckling, jeering, bad mouthing and general p***taking inspired me to vote for any of these overgrown schoolchildren. No wonder the general public have grown tired of them, especially after the expenses scandal, now UKIP are on a march and these so called politicians better grow up fast.

It was a straight forward question although you seem to struggle with it, or thinking you would try an be clever by deflecting the actual question: Is there anything factual about your comment "the UKIP 'answer' to the 'lycra-clad fascism' is to convert the Level into a car park."

So i will re phase it, Has UKIP actually said or printed anything that you can call on by way of a link or publication that has stated they are anti cyclist or they planned to use the Level as a car park or as i would guess you made it up. Or in plain terms were lying.

Is that easy enough for you?

And as point of order, although cyclists as not top of my xmas card list, it was tongue in cheek suggesting i would vote for them solely on the basis they were going to be anti cyclist.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/11557238.Is_park_and_ride_the_answer_to_cutting_congestion_/

It's a report of a debate organised by Brighton & Hove Chamber of Commerce last month.

This is what the UKIP representative, Nigel Furness, had to say:-

“We should have put a car park under The Level. There is a site where people could whizz in and out of the city.”

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
This protest vote really is gaining some momentum. When will the main parties understand and admit that people have simply had enough of being lied to and deceived?
So had you voted for Reckless at the last election it was a vote for those that lie and deceive. This election voting for him is a vote for a new broom in Westminster.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/11557238.Is_park_and_ride_the_answer_to_cutting_congestion_/

It's a report of a debate organised by Brighton & Hove Chamber of Commerce last month.

This is what the UKIP representative, Nigel Furness, had to say:-

“We should have put a car park under The Level. There is a site where people could whizz in and out of the city.”

Thanks you LB for that, a straight forward response that was easily digested. Why can't the big one do that :shrug:
As I thought he lied for whatever reason, no mention of anyone being anti cyclist and the car park suggestion was for under the level not on it!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
and we might have an EU referendum to which the British public will predictably vote "no" - what is the point now? Why do they get your continued support?

They get my support exactly because of an EU referendum. Labour lied about the one for the Lisbon Treaty so they are untrustworthy in the matter ( and the Tories promised the same one despite not actually being in power anyway ! ). I don't trust the Tories to deliver a proper in/out referendum - they will twist it somehow. Just like the three main parties did for the Scottish referendum - they saw they were losing so they blackmailed the Scots with a sudden choice of Full Independence or Independence Light - no option to keep the status quo as it started with.

Out of interest, when you suggest we'll vote 'no', do you mean no to staying in the EU or no to leaving ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here