Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UKIP MP number 2 coming up.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Ah, this (Tory) old chestnut. All Western economies tanked in 2008, because of the international banking system, with the crash of banks in free market America reverberating through Western Europe. Still, easier to blame Labour and Gordon Brown than acknowledge that the problem is intrinsic to a global free market system run by banks and multinationals (which the Tories - and UKIP - worship) - who themselves are a serious threat to national autonomy and sovereignty!

Just like the left like to blame Thatcher for the end of civilisation before Labour had their crack at it..........................

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
It was proven in the national media about 6 weeks ago that immigrants, taken as a whole, give more back financially to the UK than they take from it.

That's correct, but they only picked the best 10 EU countries. On the whole, immigration costs tax payers billions (£22 million per day)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Is there any factual content in the above statement?

'Factual content'? What does that mean?

If you mean, 'is this the actual words used', then yes, it is.

going on your past history I guess not but if UKIP is anti cyclist, again guessing this is what you mean by 'lycra-clad fascism' then that is a good enough reason to vote for them alone.

You can guess all you want, I'll stick to facts here, ta.

Aside from that, your misery and misanthropy regarding people trying to get around our fine city doesn't interest me. It's your issue, not mine.

The Mail Online headline is an interesting one:-

"Chaos as Ukip promises three million European migrants they can STAY in Britain if we leave the EU".

Is that a promise that UKIP voters expect to be reading?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Just like the left like to blame Thatcher for the end of civilisation before Labour had their crack at it..........................

Where/when did I mention Thatcher?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Mail Online headline is an interesting one:-

"Chaos as Ukip promises three million European migrants they can STAY in Britain if we leave the EU".

Is that a promise that UKIP voters expect to be reading?

The status quo ante has to be maintained , you cannot tell 3 million European migrants they would enjoy a much better way of life if they left and went to live and work in Germany. :lol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We would be in the same position as Norway, Iceland, Lichtenstein whose citizens are free to move to EU countries as we are to them.

The big question is, do we want to be in the same position as Norway, Iceland or Lichtenstein? ???

The status quo ante has to be maintained , you cannot tell 3 million European migrants they would enjoy a much better way of life if they left and went to live and work in Germany. :lol:
In John Cleese's words, that's stating the bleeding obvious. But I get the distinct impression that UKIP voters are expecting something different from Farage.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
No. That's why I specifically said it was private.

Can you say that one or several parties 'lie and deceive' and imply that others don't ?

There are 2 types of deception, what they say and what they do. UKIP do tell porkies, they all do but having never been i office by definition they cant be labelled as not doing as they say they would. That is the difference between them and the other parties.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I love these threads, I find the discussion surrounding UKIP quite fascinating.

The most interesting thing for me is how a majority of UKIP voters don't really know what they are voting for - I would imagine most of them wouldn't give them the time of day if they did. People just want radical political change that the main parties cannot offer, UKIP give some people hope in that respect. It's just a shame that the only democratic option for radical change is the far-right rather than far-left, but I still hope this fad can lead to positive change... but I doubt it, UKIP will inevitably fade into obscurity and the status quo will remain.

What I do find particularly depressing is how many people vote for parties such as UKIP on the basis of misinformation or misunderstanding.

For example, although only about 12% of the British people are either immigrants or from ethnic minority backgrounds, a major survey 3 weeks ago revealed that many people believed the figure to be 24% (that a quarter of the British population was non-British).

The same survey also revealed that the population vastly over-estimates the number of people on welfare and how much an individual receives in social security benefits if they sign-on.

It is this type of ignorance which the Right deliberately encourages for political advantage, and to promote divide-and-rule - 'The reason you're poor and living in shite accommodation paying high rent is because of immigrants/scroungers' - that lets exploitative employers paying crap wages, or slum landlords, to get away with it.

Indeed, much of the 'excessive' welfare bill goes on top-up benefits to compensate for low wages, and Housing Benefit to subsidise high rents - the welfare state being bled dry by employers and landlords making £ millions - of course, this is not the 'welfare abuse' we read about in the Tory tabloids!

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
You seem to be struggling with the phrase 'published policy'

Because UKIP carefully avoid stating these policies in print, precisely so Farage - and people like you - can deny that they believe in such policies ('these are typical Leftie smears against us' - 'infamy, infamy, they've got it in for me!').

It's what UKIP candidates, members and supporters actually say which reveals what the Party members and supporters really want or believe, not some carefully worded statement or leaflet by the grinner-man Farage who's trying to persuade people that he's 'just a regular kinda guy' (just like that creep Blair used to do). In that respect, Farage is just as disingenuous and slippery as the other Party leaders.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Because UKIP carefully avoid stating these policies in print, precisely so Farage - and people like you - can deny that they believe in such policies ('these are typical Leftie smears against us' - 'infamy, infamy, they've got it in for me!').

It's what UKIP candidates, members and supporters actually say which reveals what the Party members and supporters really want or believe, not some carefully worded statement or leaflet by the grinner-man Farage who's trying to persuade people that he's 'just a regular kinda guy' (just like that creep Blair used to do). In that respect, Farage is just as disingenuous and slippery as the other Party leaders.

People like me ? And you know me how exactly? If you want to take quotes in papers, some of which are quite old, as defined policies then fine but most of us will use the published policies of any party as the guideline but I'm guessing that wouldn't support your views on UKIP would it ?

Jan 30, 2008
The first version of Reckless's statement said that the work permits would be time limited - in other words, forced repatriation would be a phased process. Then, once it came out that this was classic BNP policy, he backtracked and the UKIP spindoctors came up with a more carefully worded version.

The fact is, though, that UKIP is wanting to appeal to the basest instincts of those people who define their own politics by the sentence "I'm no fascist, but ..." This muddled approach to policy making works perfectly for them.
I'm all for work permits if and when we leave the EU we don't want people overstaying do we , it's been going on for decades
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here