UKIP Foster Parents

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Joyce Thacker, Rotherham Borough Council: ''We had to seriously think about the long-term needs of the children''

What?:shrug:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It seems a very strange decision to say the least.

So now your political beliefs may mean you come under more scrutiny.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I had mu money on leekbrookgull starting this thread :) To be fair though it sounds a bit of a strange decision, even allowing that the kids were EU migrants or whatever doesn't seem any sort of justification really.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Pure playing politics by the Labour council.

UKIP are rapidly becoming an attractive proposition for the next election ( not to win but certainly to win seats from all the other parties ) and Labour and the Tories don't like it.

With such a poor Labour opposition opposite a very unpopular Tory government ( the Lib Dems are dead ) who else is there to vote for. Strange because both the Torys and Labour could kill UKIP dead by promising a referendum on our EU membership ( and I mean PROMISING, not like Labours last mealy mouth attempt at a promise ).

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
On the face of it, this is a dumb decision.

You're right that it's the type of tale that becomes right-wing/populist urban myth. The thing you're missing (deliberately, I suspect, as you're smart) is that one swallow does not make a summer. We middle-of-the-road liberals conflate two different things and call them 'urban myth':

1. fictions (eg loads of stuff made up by journalists about the EU)
2. Things that happen (or kind-of happen) once or twice and are then constantly referenced by social conservatives (eg "they've banned Christmas" - actually one city conflating a number of holidays under a single banner for marketing purposes)

The Rotherham story is in the second category. It's a stupid decision and heads will probably roll. But your political friends will use it for years as an example of how loonies have taken over.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The Rotherham story is in the second category. It's a stupid decision and heads will probably roll. But your political friends will use it for years as an example of how loonies have taken over.

Indeed. A poor decision made by a few people of a fairly insignificant local council. I am sure this is not widespread practice.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Rotherham council have removed 3 children from foster parents because the parents were members of UKIP, this is the sort of thing that will be dismissed as an urban myth in 10 years time, it's a dot on the cards there will be someone on here who will attempt to mitigate this decision with mealy mouthed excuses, I cant wait to see it.

Foster parents 'stigmatised and slandered for being members of Ukip - Telegraph

BBC News - UKIP couple have foster children removed from care

Why is your first position always defensive? You really do have quite the chip on your shoulder.

Last edited:

abc

Jan 6, 2007
UKIP are quite extreme in some of heir thinking and some of their rhetoric on immigration has indeed been bordering on racist. If this fostering issue was about BNP supporters I expect most people would side with the council.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ex Labour voters as well , who would have thought this had anything to do with the by election in Rotherham on Thursday ?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It is a strange decision, I'd like to know more but Bushy and his ilk are going to dine out on this for years to come. Well done Tory fools, played right into the hands of bigots again. However the most surprising element of all this is that they managed to find 2 UKIP supporters.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Rotherham council have removed 3 children from foster parents because the parents were members of UKIP, this is the sort of thing that will be dismissed as an urban myth in 10 years time, it's a dot on the cards there will be someone on here who will attempt to mitigate this decision with mealy mouthed excuses, I cant wait to see it.

Foster parents 'stigmatised and slandered for being members of Ukip - Telegraph

BBC News - UKIP couple have foster children removed from care

or alternatively it might be seen, in 10 years time, as the beginning of an awakening that led to UKIP becoming marganilsed as an extreme right wing party with divisive, nationalist and racist policies.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
UKIP are quite extreme in some of heir thinking and some of their rhetoric on immigration has indeed been bordering on racist. If this fostering issue was about BNP supporters I expect most people would side with the council.

I think with UKIP being third in the opinion polls their views on EU migration from the 8 Balkan accession countries are more palatable than the B*P

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It is a strange decision, I'd like to know more but Bushy and his ilk are going to dine out on this for years to come. Well done Tory fools, played right into the hands of bigots again. However the most surprising element of all this is that they managed to find 2 UKIP supporters.

Er, isn't Rotherham a Labour council ?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

I am trying to see where you find bigotry in this decision other than in those that made the decision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here