Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UKIP Brighton Facebook some lovely followers!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yawn. Another UKIP bashing thread.

At least the Tories, Labour, Lib Dems etc. won't have any thugs, criminals, racists, homophobes or rapists voting for them, will they...........oh.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Because one of the glories of NSC especially on the the big board is the fact that so many subjects are discussed; one might rile you more then another but i felt that as this political party has a presence in the city it might of been of interest to some on here; especially as there are statements about violence towards a woman contained within it. I look forward to your comments on the relevance on the next plumbing or train timetable thread; which i feel are very welcome on here just as this is. If others wish to take it down its their call.

No doubt ukkippers and the tree huggers have a presence here, but going to twitter/facebook etc for info is a bit like going through the bin for your dinner. Social media are places where the turds float to the top as well as cream.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
...but UKIP's members or its culture aren't the main reason why they are unpopular, above all, it's their backwards policies.

You speak for everybody do you. The other parties have unpopular policies, if they did not then everyone would vote for them.
What culture? all in your own mind i reckon.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Yawn. Another UKIP bashing thread.

At least the Tories, Labour, Lib Dems etc. won't have any thugs, criminals, racists, homophobes or rapists voting for them, will they...........oh.

Seems on here only one party gets endless threads, if they are so unpopular then they will not get votes.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
It's important to remain objective. Objectively people don't want greater inequality, more prisons, harsher laws, increased military budget, decreased renewable energy and all the other things UKIP and their policies represent. This is mainly why it is an unpopular party.

On the other side of the coin, people don't like the Green Party because they don't want higher taxes, increased welfare, pedestrianisation and so on.

This is why the central parties will always prevail - because there are no democratic options for pretty much anyone, so the public settles for what it already has. Although I do predict both the Greens and UKIP will do very well next election, but nowhere near well enough to make any kind of difference.

"Objective" or just a chance to put your view over, you seem to think that you speak for everyone, which if you do it means that you have nothing to worry about.
If you believe that voting for UKIP or the Greens will be "nowhere near well enough to make any kind of difference", then why are you and many others so obsessed with starting lame threads about them.....not sure you know what you want really.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
UKIP is so contentious because it's a far-right party that has built considerable support from two single issues - immigration and the EU - which its supporters are passionate about, but the general public fears the repercussions of them ever getting any kind of actual power, and rightly so. As a result they do get discussed very frequently on social media.

The "general public fears", "two single issues"....." its supporters are passionate"..........i think you and the like come across as "passionate" why else would you keep banging on, WHO starts the UKIP threads?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I suppose my preference would be Green's - but I don't think they are any kind of real option, I think the entire democratic system needs modernising because politicians are generally all liars and hypocrites.

However I particularly oppose UKIP because they only exist to exacerbate existing problems and cause greater social and economic disparity - not to mention they are a distraction from the public seeking genuine political progress & change.

I could not agree more, but UKIP are a means to and end, the more seats and votes they can take from the tories(and labour) the better.
mix it right up and by the time the electorate realise that they are absolutely useless it will be to late, cue another election and people voting in who they actually want people who actually care about what happens in this country, rather than the snouts in the trough lot we have now.
I for one will be voting tactically next election then the following one probably GREEN.
listening to shameron on the Andrew Marr show actually made me feel physically sick he really did not want to discuss the real problems of this country, the soon they are out the better even if it means putting up with UKIP for a while

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
There are good reasons why the general public don't like UKIP and why they are so frequently embarrassed as a party.

I compared their support from a vocal minority like yourself as 'cult like' as you will often defend the indefensible "just" because they have become your party of choice.

Again, I don't think the opening post is in any way a fair reflection of UKIP supporters - just some idiots on social media - but it was very predictable that its dedicated minority following would immediately come to defend it anyway.

Your first line assumption is off the mark. Who do you class as the general public?

I cannot abide by UKIP but still the liberal intellectual elite continue to misunderstand their appeal and just don't get it. Whilst that liberal elite celebrates each vocal slip up by anyone connected with UKIP, another vote from the lower-middle class of the UK goes to UKIP.

That is why in the South, Tory votes go to UKIP and in the North, Labour votes go to UKIP.

I hark back to that Question time with Brand and all. Undoubtedly, there were several occasions when Mary Creagh (LAB) wiped the floor intellectually with Farage. But each time she did so, I could feel more votes slipping to UKIP.

There is an anti intellect, anti establishment tsunami in this country at the moment and others had better get used to it. As much as it is unfair that UKIP appear to be able to get away with murder at the moment, it is very real and needs to be addressed.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've been supporting the Greens for a while, and there are a fair share in the Party who are out of touch with the type of ideology that mainstream society understands, or can adapt to after having understood it values.

I am not keen on much of UKIP's rhetoric, but I yawn as much as other people, like Westdene Seagull, over the constant inane, asinine and puerile attempts to discredit them on account of them being a relatively young party who will attract a few of the wrong type because they speak on issues that extremists on the right have covered before.

Rather than attempting to discredit them as dangerous, folk would be served better by engaging and talking with those who align with UKIP- that is if they disagree with them in the first place.

Most UKIP voters are ordinary people with concerns for the future. The nutters will show themselves up for who they are. It is the first category that matters for they form the majority.

Last edited:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
For the OP and followers.
Ukip's small and medium business spokesman, the Pakistan-born but Yorkshire-raised Amjad Bashir, believes the accusations of racism are the being thrown by "the status quo, the parties in power" which are "feeling threatened" by Ukip.

"That's why they get their archaeologists digging up FACEBOOK and TWITTER," he said.

"Is it right that we demonise the whole of the Lib Dems for Cyril Smith being a paedophile?
"We don't say that about the whole of the Lib Dems, and the same is for us.
"As a party if there are a few nutters, as there are in all parties, but we don't demonise the whole of the Lib Dems or Conservatives for that."
A few "nutters" on social media is one thing, but some at the very top of the party have also expressed views and used language which has provided fuel for those attacking Ukip.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/47...acking-Ukip-Members-speak-out-on-racist-abuse

Ah, The alledged crook Bashir

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...jad-Bashir-defects-to-Conservative-Party.html

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Trusted enough by yourself on this thread previously :)
Should I not trust what he said about racism towards UKIP now then?
Why is he not trust-worthy now? His defection to the Tories, or his alledged irregularities?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Why is he not trust-worthy now? His defection to the Tories, or his alledged irregularities?

Or maybe his links to a Pakistani kidnap gang ?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Or maybe his links to a Pakistani kidnap gang ?

Think that was another individual wasnt it?. I know Bashir knew the bloke involved, but its a bit of a tenuous link though.

Still, makes you wonder how the 'strict vetting' of candidates keeps slipping up...i mean..repeatedly. The same vetting that keeps all those nasty fascists out.

zxtwinturbo

Nov 7, 2014
One thing I have noticed on social media, including NSC, is how UKIP have a cult like following from a vocal minority.

Notice the same old names

[MENTION=22389]bashlsdir[/MENTION]
[MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION] have immediately arrived

cue [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION]

Can you add my name to list.Cheers:thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 22389

Hang on he was a member of the Labour Party, then the Conservatives, then UKIP, and now a member of the Conservatives again.

Farage explained clearly on the Sunday Politics show what was going on. I suppose things like this didn't help his UKIP membership, may be that's why questions where asked.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics...te-family-restaurant-fined-illegal-immigrants

If he was a member of any other party at the time it wouldn't even be mentioned.
All the focus on UKIP again, for what is really a load of bollox in the grand scheme of things.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Yeah yeah....its a witch hunt. Luckily UKIP candidates, MEPS, and high ranking members make the hunt pretty easy.
UKIP are the victims of the people noticing criminals, racists, and mysogynists in their ranks.

btw. I mentioned the immigration issues he was facing last month..but I was told it was just another example of people picking on UKIP.
How many times do these ****wits need to be caught out being criminals, racists, and mysogynists, before some people stop supporting them, and blaming everybody else?

D

Deleted member 22389

Yeah yeah....its a witch hunt. Luckily UKIP candidates, MEPS, and high ranking members make the hunt pretty easy.
UKIP are the victims of the people noticing criminals, racists, and mysogynists in their ranks.

btw. I mentioned the immigration issues he was facing last month..but I was told it was just another example of people picking on UKIP.
How many times do these ****wits need to be caught out being criminals, racists, and mysogynists, before some people stop supporting them, and blaming everybody else?

It's not UKIP that are the problem remember that. UKIP didn't create the financial meltdown, nor did they lose control of our borders. The EU, Banks and our politicians did. That ends the debate for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here