Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UKIP Brighton Facebook some lovely followers!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Meh, a few things need pointing out.

1 Twitter is a place frequented increasingly by trolls and morons.
2 Twitter is not representative, neither are their "trends".
3. Why drag it over here?

I'm sure I can go on any manner of sites and find any manner of opinions on any issue. The real topic is why is the OP being a tedious dick? This is just Propagenda, its about time the Mods collated all these types of threads into one, especially UKIP, but also similar ones churned out by Hove Inbred etc.

Because one of the glories of NSC especially on the the big board is the fact that so many subjects are discussed; one might rile you more then another but i felt that as this political party has a presence in the city it might of been of interest to some on here; especially as there are statements about violence towards a woman contained within it. I look forward to your comments on the relevance on the next plumbing or train timetable thread; which i feel are very welcome on here just as this is. If others wish to take it down its their call.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
One thing I have noticed on social media, including NSC, is how UKIP have a cult like following from a vocal minority.
Your user name should be Vocal Minority :wink:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Because one of the glories of NSC especially on the the big board is the fact that so many subjects are discussed; one might rile you more then another but i felt that as this political party has a presence in this city it might of been of interest to some on here; especially as its there are statements about violence towards a woman contained within it. I look forward to your comments on the relevance on the next plumbing or train timetable thread; which i feel are very welcome on here just as this is. If other wish to take it down its their call.

I think the point was more about the fact that there is a constant stream of anti-UKIP threads ( or at least ones showing them in a bad light ) while it rarely happens for the other parties. It suggests people that start these threads either have a political agenda or are too lazy to tag it onto the last anti-UKIP thread.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
There are good reasons why the general public don't like UKIP and why they are so frequently embarrassed as a party.

I compared their support from a vocal minority like yourself as 'cult like' as you will often defend the indefensible "just" because they have become your party of choice.

Currently polling more than the Lib Dems and Greens combined. My guess is that your preference out of the main five parties would be the Greens as they are further left than the other four. How do you explain people like Ben Duncan if that is the case ?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
There are good reasons why the general public don't like UKIP and why they are so frequently embarrassed as a party.

I compared their support from a vocal minority like yourself as 'cult like' as you will often defend the indefensible "just" because they have become your party of choice.

Again, I don't think this thread is in any way a fair reflection of UKIP supporters - just some idiots on social media - but it was very predictable that its dedicated minority following would immediately come to defend it anyway.

All the parties are "frequently embarrassed as a party," It's just that most posters can not be bothered to put up weekly threads.
Still i suppose the first fishing trip of 2015 has worked........
I would imagine the OP is scouring the internet as we speak, ignoring other nasty comments, lets face it he's had all over Christmas to dig deep for new material.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Meh, a few things need pointing out.

1 Twitter is a place frequented increasingly by trolls and morons.
2 Twitter is not representative, neither are their "trends".
3. Why drag it over here?

I'm sure I can go on any manner of sites and find any manner of opinions on any issue. The real topic is why is the OP being a tedious dick? This is just Propagenda, its about time the Mods collated all these types of threads into one, especially UKIP, but also similar ones churned out by Hove Inbred etc.

Twitter?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
All parties have ticking time bombs and the conservatives and labour are doing there collective best to suppress theirs from the 70's and 80's, I doubt it will get much further than it has as too many big names involved

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Jan 4th and we have the first Ukip Binfest of what promises to be a very long 5 months.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
:lolol: Jeez chaps chill out, every page on FB have these sort of comments. You can go on freaking Taylor Swifts FB page and see racial hate :banana:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
not to mention they are a distraction from the public seeking genuine political progress & change.

Unless, like me, you believe real progress and change is only possible by leaving the EU.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Jan 4th and we have the first Ukip Binfest of what promises to be a very long 5 months.

Now this i do agree on.
The sad part is that UKIP have never been in power and according to the "experts" on here, have no chance.....meanwhile the parties that have swopped the running of our country for decades are quite happy that UKIP (especially with the anti obsessed on NSC) are getting the attention.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
All parties have ticking time bombs and the conservatives and labour are doing there collective best to suppress theirs from the 70's and 80's, I doubt it will get much further than it has as too many big names involved

I would add 90's, 2000+ to that.........still a moron on a UKIP page is much much worse, and quit rightly deserves to be pointed out as the "cult following", much worse imo. :rolleyes:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I would add 90's, 2000+ to that.........still a moron on a UKIP page is much much worse, and quit rightly deserves to be pointed out as the "cult following", much worse imo. :rolleyes:

So as any UKIP follower is labelled a racist would therefore any labour or conservative follower now be labelled a paedo ?

D

Deleted member 22389

I don't agree or disagree about leaving the EU. It's a largely corrupt organisation that is not serving the people, but I'm not sure leaving it is the best choice for Britain or Europe. Perhaps it would be better for us to look to change it for the better.

Even if leaving the EU would be beneficial, doesn't it concern you that there are possibly more severe repercussions of voting for a far-right party?

Mustafa, we can ask for change, but the EU is not going to change and that's the problem. Think democracy left this place a long time ago. Unfortunately it appears that the UK are the only ones that have issue with the EU, actually there is issue and discontent across the whole of the EU, we just don't get to hear about it that's all.

All I want is a sodding cap on the numbers arriving in the EU, and I want is a cap on the numbers arriving in the UK.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
So as any UKIP follower is labelled a racist would therefore any labour or conservative follower now be labelled a paedo ?

For the OP and followers.
Ukip's small and medium business spokesman, the Pakistan-born but Yorkshire-raised Amjad Bashir, believes the accusations of racism are the being thrown by "the status quo, the parties in power" which are "feeling threatened" by Ukip.

"That's why they get their archaeologists digging up FACEBOOK and TWITTER," he said.

"Is it right that we demonise the whole of the Lib Dems for Cyril Smith being a paedophile?
"We don't say that about the whole of the Lib Dems, and the same is for us.
"As a party if there are a few nutters, as there are in all parties, but we don't demonise the whole of the Lib Dems or Conservatives for that."
A few "nutters" on social media is one thing, but some at the very top of the party have also expressed views and used language which has provided fuel for those attacking Ukip.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/47...acking-Ukip-Members-speak-out-on-racist-abuse

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Just because Facebook/Twitter don't take as much action as perhaps they should, it doesn't make it ok. Taylor Swift receiving racists comments doesn't make it ok for others to be subject to abuse.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I don't agree or disagree about leaving the EU. It's a largely corrupt organisation that is not serving the people, but I'm not sure leaving it is the best choice for Britain or Europe. Perhaps it would be better for us to look to change it for the better.

This.

I rarely get involved in political threads, but this is the crux of the argument. I doubt there are many in this country who argue that the UK, or indeed many other European nations, are getting a fair deal from the EU.

However, the only way to achieve a change in the status quo is to take an active part in any discussions, summits or other dialogue. To paraphrase an Eddie Izard analogy, we need to be in the driving seat of Europe rather than being outside the car at the traffic lights offering to wash the windows.

Leaving the EU would mean weakening ties with our biggest trading bloc, which in the current era of both huge economic challenges and also a massive burgeoning cross-border e-commerce market cannot be a good idea.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
One thing I have noticed on social media, including NSC, is how UKIP have a cult like following from a vocal minority.

It does seem like that, for sure.

As to the original post, I think it's fair to say that every party has it's share of 'lovely followers'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here