Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UKIP are now a parliamentary party

sahel

Jan 24, 2014
It doesn't though. It was the 2010 manifesto which has already been admitted as a load of rubbish. As yet no political party have released their manifestos for 2015 so it might be wise to wait and see .... unless of course we're going to rate all parties on previous manifestos ?

Yes but! Can you imagine Cameron Clegg or Milliband being able to laugh off a nonsensical manifesto that they themselves had signed off by saying they had not read it! What a jolly jape eh? Why should Farage not be held to account? And why should we believe him on anything this time ? Does he even plan to read it?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It doesn't though. It was the 2010 manifesto which has already been admitted as a load of rubbish. As yet no political party have released their manifestos for 2015 so it might be wise to wait and see .... unless of course we're going to rate all parties on previous manifestos ?

A party that as recently as four years ago had a self confessed rubbish manifesto wants to run things?! Christ, you'll fall for anything mate.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The really dangerous part of the UKIP voters psyche is the thought that what they are doing is anti-establishment. I think that more than anything is where the big three have gone wrong. By creating an us and them dynamic, they've played directly into Farage's hands.

Say what you like about Farage, he has played a blinder over the course of this Parliament.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
A party that as recently as four years ago had a self confessed rubbish manifesto wants to run things?! Christ, you'll fall for anything mate.

What you're suggesting Farage is a liar and I shouldn't listen to liars ?

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
True. You can't assume it isn't. You can, however, make a very educated guess though and that guess is that UKIP isn't yet doing enough to appeal to core Labour support.

Or guess the other way...... Labour are playing with fire if they attempt to go for a core vote strategy without directly addressing Immigration, like they did at the last election. They risk large numbers of people staying away or going to UKIP.

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
does the Clacton seat go up for grabs again at the Gen Election ?

If yes - the UKIP MP could be in place for only 7 months (if it swings again)

If No - the the UKIP MP is the first one in the door for the new term

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Or guess the other way...... Labour are playing with fire if they attempt to go for a core vote strategy without directly addressing Immigration, like they did at the last election. They risk large numbers of people staying away or going to UKIP.

I don't actually disagree with you but that risk hasn't translated into numbers. There was a minor swing LAB to UKIP, less than 3%.

The story is the CON/LIB vote going from 50% to 17%. This seat was "Vote Conservative, get Labour."

PS - Not a Labour voter, if you are getting that idea.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
What you're suggesting Farage is a liar and I shouldn't listen to liars ?

I see where you're going with this so don't bother son, I'm quicker than that. I would hesitate to say he's an outright liar but I would suggest he's not as transparent as he would have us believe.

Furthermore I never mentioned lying or alluded to it once in my post, you are clearly steering toward some point you've been gasping to make but you'd look less of a moron if you made it relevant to the post you are replying to.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
does the Clacton seat go up for grabs again at the Gen Election ?

If yes - the UKIP MP could be in place for only 7 months (if it swings again)

If No - the the UKIP MP is the first one in the door for the new term
All seats are up for grabs. The clue is the "General" bit.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I see where you're going with this so don't bother son, I'm quicker than that. I would hesitate to say he's an outright liar but I would suggest he's not as transparent as he would have us believe.

Furthermore I never mentioned lying or alluded to it once in my post, you are clearly steering toward some point you've been gasping to make but you'd look less of a moron if you made it relevant to the post you are replying to.

You're as quick as a striking slug I'm afraid. Love the all swag and arrogant "don't bother son" implying that in someway you think you're ultra intelligent. I'm not gasping to make a point, just gently highlighting you as a liar ( given apparently you don't debate with UKIP supporters ).

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You're as quick as a striking slug I'm afraid. Love the all swag and arrogant "don't bother son" implying that in someway you think you're ultra intelligent. I'm not gasping to make a point, just gently highlighting you as a liar ( given apparently you don't debate with UKIP supporters ).

There's no debate.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
There's no debate.

Well there's something we agree on .... there is no debate because you're arrogant and so far up your own arse you don't consider other people may just have different points of view from your own. I guess that comes from swanning around as a poncy actor rather than putting in a proper days work ( see we can all generalise if we really want ).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here