Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UKIP are now a parliamentary party

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I'd say anyone who wanted some work done on their house on time, at a fair price and by someone who is competent and takes pride in their work. I know there are good British tradesmen ( such as our [MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION]), but there are too many rip off merchants.

If people want protectionism by voting UKIP then fine, but accept the economic consequences that come with it.

Thanks for the compliment, i'll give you my views, and they will be balanced, based on my experience, a bit later.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
really ,when things picked up in poland a lot of them went back, lots of students flooded over for casual seasonal work , it was all based on money making on the cheap
regards
DR

A few years back i worked alongside a Czech sparks, his wage back home was less in a month than he could earn here in a week. Save send the cash home, buy a house outright within 5 years.........job done.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Can you summarise what happened?

As what the Granny said however as anti-Europe seems happy to accept wads of expenses with no need to show a receipt and votes around once a year when can be bothered.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
If anyone seriously thinks UKIP and Farage are electable after the stunning double standards on Panorama tonight then they are seriously deluded and wasting a vote.

The response.....
Nigel Farage has tonight revealed that the BBC Panorama programme is planning a rehash of attacks mounted on UKIP by The Times newspaper.
Panorama is preparing to repeat allegations made by people hostile to UKIP, often dating back many years, in an apparent bid to try and halt UKIP's advance.
Mr Farage has written to Panorama boss Elizabeth Byrne refusing to cooperate with the programme because of its biased agenda and demanding that his letter is read out in full in any programme that is broadcast.
His letter also raises the prospect that it is rattled Labour activists who are now attempting to discredit UKIP, using the same techniques that flopped for the Tories and the Times in the run-up to the European elections.
http://www.ukip.org/bbc_panorama_programme_planning_new_establishment_attack_against_ukip

The allegations are thought to relate to those raised by begrudged former UKIP MEP Nicki Sinclaire.
Sinclaire used EU parliamentary privilege to allege that Mr Farage had engaged in extra-marital affairs, though did not seem to have the gumption to raise the issue outside of the chamber, where she could be pursued in the courts.
Sinclaire, who is a transexual, is believed to hold a grudge against UKIP as she was passed up for promotion on a number of occasions. After this happened, she formed her own 'We Demand a Referendum' party, and was roundly ejected from office at the European elections in 2014.
The BBC has been one of the many media organisations which have reserved their political opprobrium almost exclusively for UKIP in recent years. The difference between the BBC and other outlets is that it is publicly funded via a 'licence fee' which British TV owners are forced to pay under threat of fine or imprisonment.
The BBC therefore has a charter which obliges it to be fair, balanced, and unbiased. Over recent years it has become clear that this is impossible for an organisation dominated by left-wing, activist journalists, and therefore the very notion of a licence fee is being called into question by many high profile figures

Last edited:

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
If anyone seriously thinks UKIP and Farage are electable after the stunning double standards on Panorama tonight then they are seriously deluded and wasting a vote.

Not surprised at all by the usual hachet job from the BBC wherever Ukip are concerned. Did anybody on here expect any different when the Beeb are funded not only by handouts from the government here, but also to the tune of around 3 Million Euros from various departments within the EU.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well, I did say earlier that they were stable, you said they were fluid. I was using Labour policy as a benchmark, y'know like how they are now going to be tough on immigration to the UK but are working tirelessly to get Turkey into the EU. I'm sure that will work.

As for the light bulbs, I will replace this with banning barometers if that livens it up, there is so much madness from our unelected masters to choose from isn't there?

http://www.theguardian.com/politics.../cameron-dig-brussels-diabetes-discriminatory

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...claim-that-water-can-prevent-dehydration.html

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CONSLEG:1994R2257:20060217:EN:PDF

Have you made a single post on this thread about UKIP's stable policies? I can't find one……:shrug:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As much as I dislike UKIP, I do sort of applaud their stance on the BBC. That Panorama programme certainly had things to say, but half of it was entirely irrelevant.

So whilst UKIP drawing €70m from the European taxpayer and rarely turning up to parliament IS in the public interest, along with the fact that Farage whinges incessantly about British fishing quotas whilst having by far the WORST attendance record of all MEPs in the fisheries commission, I really don't care about him being a "bully" to fellow party members, and being rude to other people he holds in contempt. The latter smelt strongly of a hatchet job.

And lets face it, the BBC have form for propping up the establishment. My particular bug bear is the Royal family, but even ignoring that, I don't recall them running a show where Gordon Brown's bullying reputation was scrutinised. And they never bothered calling to account absurd pro Unionist Xenophobe, Iain Paisley when he shamefully yelled at the Pope during a parliament session. So why does Farage deserve this treatment?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
As much as I dislike UKIP, I do sort of applaud their stance on the BBC. That Panorama programme certainly had things to say, but half of it was entirely irrelevant.

So whilst UKIP drawing €70m from the European taxpayer and rarely turning up to parliament IS in the public interest, along with the fact that Farage whinges incessantly about British fishing quotas whilst having by far the WORST attendance record of all MEPs in the fisheries commission, I really don't care about him being a "bully" to fellow party members, and being rude to other people he holds in contempt. The latter smelt strongly of a hatchet job.

And lets face it, the BBC have form for propping up the establishment. My particular bug bear is the Royal family, but even ignoring that, I don't recall them running a show where Gordon Brown's bullying reputation was scrutinised. And they never bothered calling to account absurd pro Unionist Xenophobe, Iain Paisley when he shamefully yelled at the Pope during a parliament session. So why does Farage deserve this treatment?

Agreed. Even as a UKIP supporter I'm slightly uncomfortable with Farage's lack of attendance. When it comes to the 70m Euros I'm less bothered. It helps fund UKIP - there's a sweet irony about EU money funding an anti-EU party.

Panaroma did appear to be a poorly put together hatchet job just repeating previous claims. There was little substance and evidence offered. I look forward to similar programmes about the other parties .... or are they now protected by the BBC ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Agreed. Even as a UKIP supporter I'm slightly uncomfortable with Farage's lack of attendance. When it comes to the 70m Euros I'm less bothered. It helps fund UKIP - there's a sweet irony about EU money funding an anti-EU party.

Panaroma did appear to be a poorly put together hatchet job just repeating previous claims. There was little substance and evidence offered. I look forward to similar programmes about the other parties .... or are they now protected by the BBC ?
"slightly uncomfortable"!!! He goes on and on at the EU for giving Britain a small slice of channel fisheries, but can't be arsed to attend the fishing commission EVER?

It says to me he's a stroppy banker type who is used to getting his own way, doesn't like it when he can't, and won't get his hands dirty in an effort to make things better for the people who voted for him. "Slightly uncomfortable" indeed. FFS.

D

Deleted member 22389

A few years back i worked alongside a Czech sparks, his wage back home was less in a month than he could earn here in a week. Save send the cash home, buy a house outright within 5 years.........job done.

Nobody talks about that part, nor do they talk about the part where lots of EU workers are on minimum wage and are then able to claim in work benefits on top of everything else people get for free in this country.

Regardless of EU or Non EU we need be selecting people on the skills they can offer this country, where there is a need, and we need to be selecting people who can earn enough so they don't need to fall back on our benefits system.

It's common sense at the end of day which seems to have been lost with our governments and some people.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
And lets face it, the BBC have form for propping up the establishment. My particular bug bear is the Royal family, but even ignoring that, I don't recall them running a show where Gordon Brown's bullying reputation was scrutinised.

Panorama have gone after the 'establishment' in the past, I've just picked a few out…

Blair the neo-conservative

Secrets of the Tory Billionaire

Hacking: Power, Corruption and Lies

There are plenty more if you go through the archive.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I didn't realise that they were all donating their salaries and expenses to the party in a truly altruistic attempt to change Britain for the better.

Silly me - I thought they were just pocketing it and doing bugger all in return ???

D

Deleted member 22389

What's the answer for everyone, carry on with three same useless parties over and over again. We need a new direction.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Yeah, let's vote for the party with a load of ex-tories in it, funded by a load of ex-tory donors. What a revolution….

That's the thing isn't it? There are a few genuine alternative parties, UKIP aren't one of them. They are are more of the same

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Panorama have gone after the 'establishment' in the past, I've just picked a few out…

Blair the neo-conservative

Secrets of the Tory Billionaire

Hacking: Power, Corruption and Lies

There are plenty more if you go through the archive.

Hmmmm. Never the Royal family, and never the established parties themselves. And whilst to many of us Farage is clearly a rude ignoramus and an unpleasant xenophobe, I don't need Panorama to spend half an hour telling me this.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yeah, let's vote for the party with a load of failed ex-tories in it, funded by a load of ex-tory donors. What a revolution….

Corrected for you. Those who were successful now make up the higher echelons of the Tory party. It's a lot easier to 'defect' when your career is going nowhere

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
That's the thing isn't it? There are a few genuine alternative parties, UKIP aren't one of them. They are are more of the same

Interesting to see how the Greens have coped with running Brighton Council.. see what you get with a "protest vote"?

It's like revolutionaries, they all know what or whom they DON'T want, but can't agree on what they DO want.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here