Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
No. You are listening to others. Listen to the source.
I never claimed I was emigrating
I never claimed I was donating land . I said I offered land to help out. It's not viable.
I am starting a business. It will train and employ homeless people. Hardly claiming to be going around helping people.

If you're going to have a pop, get your facts right. This is why you come off badly.

A little bit ironic, this post. Read again what I wrote and what you responded to; I said you informed us that you were leaving the country and did not mention anything about emigrating! So, if you must talk about who comes off badly . . . This is of course hardly a big deal, I accept.
On the business of land, assuming that you are as genuine as you make out, The Caravan Club make use of what are known as CLs -certified locations. This means that you can put up to 5 caravans there and this allowed under LA regulations. Obviously you would have to provide water and drainage facilities, but might be a starting point. You are rather vague on the idea of "its not viable"

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
A little bit ironic, this post. Read again what I wrote and what you responded to; I said you informed us that you were leaving the country and did not mention anything about emigrating! So, if you must talk about who comes off badly . . . This is of course hardly a big deal, I accept.
On the business of land, assuming that you are as genuine as you make out, The Caravan Club make use of what are known as CLs -certified locations. This means that you can put up to 5 caravans there and this allowed under LA regulations. Obviously you would have to provide water and drainage facilities, but might be a starting point. You are rather vague on the idea of "its not viable"

I'm aware of regs regarding dwellings, I've had the land for some time.
To bring this round to something more on topic, no, as yet the services to house anyone, be it immigrants or paying clients are not in place. Also the location does not lend itself to easy access. Plus manifold other obstacles. It was merely an idea I had that is not viable. It would basically end up a camp site. I doubt the locals would be best pleased either!

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
To bring this round to something more on topic, no, as yet the services to house anyone, be it immigrants or paying clients are not in place. Also the location does not lend itself to easy access. Plus manifold other obstacles. It was merely an idea I had that is not viable. It would basically end up a camp site. I doubt the locals would be best pleased either!

Of course I could understand that the locals might not be happy, as this would depend on your location. It was just a thought.

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
I have never denied the consequences of watching too much shit tv. You can see a prime example in the post I quoted.

You do love a row don't you? There was no malice intended with my original question.

Is it a stupid question? If so please enlighten me as to why. The issues raised by the program seem relevant to this discussion.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I will bet my life. This is a huge issue in Germany, huge. It's the talking point in most conversations. The response is similar across the city from the more white areas to the less so. It is also the same in Munich; here there are areas where items for refugees can be deposited and it's piling up. As I mentioned the wife's city centre school is very active.

Despite living in HH you claim to be the authority on London, now your giving me a lecture on what's happening in my county, and on my door step.

I am missing something here. Who exactly are you and where do you live? Are you in Germany or here in the UK.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Migrants should initially be sent to the country that suits their religion. Turkey, Iran and Saudi Arabia are massive. This isn’t to say that they would remain there indefinitely but religion seems a natural form of order whilst this crisis is going on. Europe could take in Middle East Christians, Yazidi’s etc and other minority splinter religions.

Set up safe UN refugee camps in those countries. Feed, treat and educate them, and then they can later apply to enter their preferred country legally and in an orderly fashion.

That's what I would do :shrug:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I have never denied the consequences of watching too much shit tv. You can see a prime example in the post I quoted.
absolute bollox , i was on a london council estate yesterday , in roehampton , not a bad area but the estate is quite rough , it was rough even 20 years ago , it was ****ing rammed with headscarf and burka clad women,dont insult my intelligence by claiming they're british, in fact they may be technically, but they're recent arrivals all the same.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Migrants should initially be sent to the country that suits their religion. Turkey, Iran and Saudi Arabia are massive. This isn’t to say that they would remain there indefinitely but religion seems a natural form of order whilst this crisis is going on. Europe could take in Middle East Christians, Yazidi’s etc and other minority splinter religions.

Set up safe UN refugee camps in those countries. Feed, treat and educate them, and then they can later apply to enter their preferred country legally and in an orderly fashion.

That's what I would do :shrug:

You are confusing migrants and refugees. Migrants will want to stay, refugees will return to where they came from when it is safe to go back. Perhaps these refugees crossing the med do not feel safe in any muslim country at the moment?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
As I said , I am not emigrating.

For clarity, it's not a "help the homeless" project it's just a business that happens to train and employ homeless people. What's notable is that when I discuss this with most normal people they don't seem to see it as a big deal. When narrow minded people hear of it they seem to want to belittle it or make a deal out of it. It's very telling about someone's view of the world and outlook in general whether they see employing people who need a break as some huge deal or as just a natural thing to do.
Or maybe you don't see it as a big deal and just picked up on it as a way to have a pop at me because we don't have the same views on immigration. Either way, you don't come out of it well.
Ah, so now it is a business project, and there was you getting the plaudits when it is a paying (agency for jobs) not really a humane act by you. So this could be a niche in the market untapped, a good earner for you if you are in at the start. No wonder you do not want to emigrate, probably now more in common with the Tories.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You are confusing migrants and refugees. Migrants will want to stay, refugees will return to where they came from when it is safe to go back. Perhaps these refugees crossing the med do not feel safe in any muslim country at the moment?

no war.jpg

Attachments

• 1440689014549s.jpg
    1440689014549s.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 58

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
So basically after leading us up the "garden" path about how you were offering/saviour for the homeless, it is not (as you must have known a few pages ago when stating ) "viable". So far just all Mitty stories.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here