Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Immigrants walking on the roof of Eurostar, one lady says they were tapping the window to be let in
your fence ain't a lot of good Dave, and when you said the immigrants would be down to tens of thousands did you mean the illegal ones.
if you cut the Border Force down thats what you get

I appreciate that you are desperate to find fault, but is it really the job of the Border Force to police French territory, irrespective of their numbers.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait and the UAE, i believe these countries are virtually 100% Muslim yet to my knowledge they have a zero intake of refugees...and these countries are stinking rich.

Yes, this does seem odd -why don''t they show the same level of desperation to go there. I simply don't know. Perhaps someone here could enlighten us?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes, this does seem odd -why don''t they show the same level of desperation to go there. I simply don't know. Perhaps someone here could enlighten us?

Come on, just look at the list. Just look at it. There's desperate, and there's desperate.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Come on, just look at the list. Just look at it. There's desperate, and there's desperate.

I mean't that seeing as the UK and European countries are expected to take the refugees etc, and are under pressure to do so, then how come these countries, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait and the UAE etc are not willing or being pressurised to help. I would have thought that seeing their fellow Muslims escaping these war torn countries they would be first in line. After all these are the peaceful ones.

Dandyman

In London village.
The number of refugees in the Gulf states number in the hundreds. Elsewhere according to the UNHCR:

Lebanon hosts 1,154,040 refugees
Jordan 654,141 refugees
Egypt 236,090 refugees
Yemen 257,645 refugees
Algeria 94,128 refugees

Outside of the Middle East, Pakistan hosts 1,505,525 refugees, Germany 216,973 and Sweden 142,207.

There are 117,161 refugees in the UK.

http://www.unhcr.org/pages/49c3646c2.html

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The number of refugees in the Gulf states number in the hundreds. Elsewhere according to the UNHCR:

Lebanon hosts 1,154,040 refugees
Jordan 654,141 refugees
Egypt 236,090 refugees
Yemen 257,645 refugees
Algeria 94,128 refugees

Outside of the Middle East, Pakistan hosts 1,505,525 refugees, Germany 216,973 and Sweden 142,207.

There are 117,161 refugees in the UK.

http://www.unhcr.org/pages/49c3646c2.html

"The number of refugees in the Gulf states number in the hundreds. Elsewhere according to the UNHCR"..........really, crikey they could certainly take a hundred thousand each then, at least. Each country would then be on par with the Uk....plus they would feel more at home in their own culture and surrounded by those of the same faith.

Dandyman

In London village.
"The number of refugees in the Gulf states number in the hundreds. Elsewhere according to the UNHCR"..........really, crikey they could certainly take a hundred thousand each then, at least. Each country would then be on par with the Uk....plus they would feel more at home in their own culture and surrounded by those of the same faith.

Lebanon has a population of 4.7 million and Jordan 6.7 million. The UK population is over 64 million.

I agree the Gulf states, whose obnoxious rulers are supported by our government among others, could do a lot more. However the impact on the UK is small compared to those countries nearest to Syria, Libya or Iraq.

Saudi Arabia is a Salafist theocracy. Syria is/was a secular state.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Are all the refugees Muslims then? Also are we an only Christian society then? Just wanting to understand your position

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

So because someone else is acting in a poor manner means that you should too? I say strive for better.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
So because someone else is acting in a poor manner means that you should too? I say strive for better.
I have read this several times and am not sure what this has to do with Soulman's post. Has he suggested this? And what does "better" mean in this context? maybe me, I appreciate.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Germany seems to have it right, accepting those who are true political refugees and challenging economic refugees

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Lebanon has a population of 4.7 million and Jordan 6.7 million. The UK population is over 64 million.

I agree the Gulf states, whose obnoxious rulers are supported by our government among others, could do a lot more. However the impact on the UK is small compared to those countries nearest to Syria, Libya or Iraq.

Saudi Arabia is a Salafist theocracy. Syria is/was a secular state.

Sorry, is that our fault........again then.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Are all the refugees Muslims then? Also are we an only Christian society then? Just wanting to understand your position

I would say a very large percent of the refugees are Muslims, we are not a Christian only society, but the West and UK is predominantly Christian, i suggested that the Muslim countries should do more, i named the countries, the fact that these countries are not interested are secular or whatever else is surely not our problem. They are Muslim countries and as we are told that Islam is a peaceful and loving religion then surely these refugees would fair better amongst their own culture and faith.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

I agree it is absolutely shameful that these countries don't want to get involved and help with this crisis. although it seems odd to want to measure against those who are doing the least rather than the most

Jan 30, 2008
What gives these people the right to enter Europe and demand that they be given free access to go where they want no questions asked , you couldn't make it up :rant:
regards
DR

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I would say a very large percent of the refugees are Muslims, we are not a Christian only society, but the West and UK is predominantly Christian, i suggested that the Muslim countries should do more, i named the countries, the fact that these countries are not interested are secular or whatever else is surely not our problem. They are Muslim countries and as we are told that Islam is a peaceful and loving religion then surely these refugees would fair better amongst their own culture and faith.

I would like to think we look beyond religion, colour and gender

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I appreciate that you are desperate to find fault, but is it really the job of the Border Force to police French territory, irrespective of their numbers.

but...........if there is not enough of them how the hell are they going to do it, and whose checking if they get in the police have been cut by 25%
whose fault is that
which government has been cutting the numbers

and listening to cameron tonight, he really could not organize a p1ss up in a brewery
if you keep cutting the numbers of those who are trying to stop the deluge of immigrants coming in illegally ......they will be further encouraged to come and try, and no garden fence is going to stop them

Last edited:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I would like to think we look beyond religion, colour and gender

I would like to think that we can restrict immigration next year in the UK to under the 330,000 that came this year, i hope we don't become the bolt hole for countries that do not strive for peace and expect us to pick up the pieces, mainly from a culture that does not seem to integrate into the country THEY choose to escape to.
As for looking beyond religion, colour and gender, i have as i have STATED many times, no problem with Jews, Sikhs, Hindus, Rastas, Buddhists.....all who are different colours. I would have thought my username and love of a certain type of music might have been a giveaway.
No problem with Gays or gender.
If you are going to get desperate or try and score points, perhaps count to ten and think eh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here