Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Thanks.Hope that you did not mind me taking your name in vain! You know who, is a fanatic and is always in such a rush to reply that he has this knack of getting the wrong end of the stick.
Didnt mind at all !

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
If you **** em all off does that mean that all the UK people that have migrated have to come back too?

you live in a bubble mate

Oz is like Norway plenty of natural resources to go round for the current population

it's like a dinner table

Oz has plenty of food and not that many diners

the UK doesn't have plenty of food and far too many diners

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Oz is like Norway plenty of natural resources to go round for the current population

it's like a dinner table

Doesn't really answer the question does it?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Pretty much nails it.

Funny, I always had you down as the "say what I mean and mean what I bloody well say type"

But when you said this

Yes of course there is , you know, and i know, that the people on here championing immigration, wont have a single one of these immigrants within a 20 mile radius, thats why they're so keen on it, other people will have to deal with it.

in response to this

Thousands of Doctors and Nurses in the shanty town in Calais I'm sure

and then added this

I don't , I'm merely stating a fact.

You actually meant this

I think you have totally misunderstood what AM was saying. Of course he knows that people willing to encourage mass immigration exist; just that his point was that there is often much hypocrisy that goes with it. They encourage immigration, knowing that they are never likely to live with the consequences i.e. living close or god forbid in an area that has been so transformed. Hence his mention of 20 miles, which was never meant to be a hard and fast rule, as you well know - or sadly, perhaps you didn't realise.

So your comment refers to the immigrants at Calais who are Asylum Seekers or illegal immigrants (depending on your view point). This means that your point is about one or two subsections of immigrants rather than mass immigration as a whole. You exaggeration about living near to (within 20 miles) a "single one" of said immigrants also suggests that you were not talking about mass immigration or areas that have been 'transformed' by migration as you now claim.

Exaggerations are of course handy because if you post something ridiculous it means you can then then excuse it as 'not what i really meant" (even though you then go on to claim it as fact).

Hasty Gull then starts to bang on about living with them in your own house (Classic HG, moving the goalpost ploy) and arguing with me because I called your exaggeration out as nonsense (which both you and him have now seemingly admitted was bollocks). I am still not sure why Hasty Gull decided to but in on the conversation we were having which probably would have ended after another couple of posts and drag it on for a couple of pages. he does of course tend to go off on one as in his hast to argue he tends to shift the goal posts and try to move the argument to where he feel comfortable. Ending with a glorious (after a couple of pages)..."well he didn't mean that in the first place" :)

Then to save a little face HG then tries to say that I have got the wrong end of the stick for responding to what you wrote rather than what he claims you meant (obviously after eventually realising that what you actually said was bollocks.) Then to back him up you agree with him (with your little minion DR of course, and a little dig from SM) that your post didn't mean what it said, which is nice :kiss: (although I must say that I had you down as someone who stands by the 'facts' he states rather than claiming that he actually meant something else).

***** disclaimer - This post may or may not mean what is written here and I reserve the right to change its meaning if I or someone that agrees with me ends up looking a bit of a tit and needs to wriggle out of the nonsense they are posting.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

it's like a dinner table

We are the same as you mate, plenty of food but not everyone is allowed up to the table.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Funny, I always had you down as the "say what I mean and mean what I bloody well say type"

But when you said this

in response to this

and then added this

You actually meant this

So your comment refers to the immigrants at Calais who are Asylum Seekers or illegal immigrants (depending on your view point). This means that your point is about one or two subsections of immigrants rather than mass immigration as a whole. You exaggeration about living near to (within 20 miles) a "single one" of said immigrants also suggests that you were not talking about mass immigration or areas that have been 'transformed' by migration as you now claim.

Exaggerations are of course handy because if you post something ridiculous it means you can then then excuse it as 'not what i really meant" (even though you then go on to claim it as fact).

Hasty Gull then starts to bang on about living with them in your own house (Classic HG, moving the goalpost ploy) and arguing with me because I called your exaggeration out as nonsense (which both you and him have now seemingly admitted was bollocks). I am still not sure why Hasty Gull decided to but in on the conversation we were having which probably would have ended after another couple of posts and drag it on for a couple of pages. he does of course tend to go off on one as in his hast to argue he tends to shift the goal posts and try to move the argument to where he feel comfortable. Ending with a glorious (after a couple of pages)..."well he didn't mean that in the first place" :)

Then to save a little face HG then tries to say that I have got the wrong end of the stick for responding to what you wrote rather than what he claims you meant (obviously after eventually realising that what you actually said was bollocks.) Then to back him up you agree with him (with your little minion DR of course, and a little dig from SM) that your post didn't mean what it said, which is nice :kiss: (although I must say that I had you down as someone who stands by the 'facts' he states rather than claiming that he actually meant something else).

***** disclaimer - This post may or may not mean what is written here and I reserve the right to change its meaning if I or someone that agrees with me ends up looking a bit of a tit and needs to wriggle out of the nonsense they are posting.

I still think to trawl through all the various posts and desperately come up with this muddled diatribe in a hopeless attempt to salvage some sort of credibility is a sign of a fanatic who realises that the game is up, but it is also a sign of extreme vanity.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I still think to trawl through all the various posts and desperately come up with this muddled diatribe in a hopeless attempt to salvage some sort of credibility is a sign of a fanatic who realises that the game is up, but it is also a sign of extreme vanity.

Sadly it seems that this necessary to keep you on track. You seem incapable of following a discussion without moving the goalpost to give your nonsense a small shred of credibilty.

As i have stated a number of times, you started this discussion by leaping from AM's point about living near to Asylum Seekers and Illegal immigrants to blabbering on about living with them and you really have made little sense since. As I said to AM you made yourself look a bit of a tit and are now desperately back peddling to try and save some face.

The only point I have made in this exchange is that his point about people not wanting to living near such people was nonsense. You have now agreed with this so it is probably time we moved on. How the hell it takes two pages to get here i will never know.

You are just going to have to put this one down to experience and move on :thumbsup:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Sadly it seems that this necessary to keep you on track. You seem incapable of following a discussion without moving the goalpost to give your nonsense a small shred of credibilty.

As i have stated a number of times, you started this discussion by leaping from AM's point about living near to Asylum Seekers and Illegal immigrants to blabbering on about living with them and you really have made little sense since. As I said to AM you made yourself look a bit of a tit and are now desperately back peddling to try and save some face.

The only point I have made in this exchange is that his point about people not wanting to living near such people was nonsense. You have now agreed with this so it is probably time we moved on. How the hell it takes two pages to get here i will never know.

You are just going to have to put this one down to experience and move on :thumbsup:

I see you are involving so many others and of course everyone else is unable to write logically, when it is you, who seems to be unable to grasp what others are writing. First me, then AM then SM and the pattern goes on. Collectively, many folk here have a variety of experience on this matter, not the least SM, but we are all unable to see the big picture. Only you can. If you really think that is nonsense, then you are severely deluded - of course there are shining examples, obviously not including yourself, but they are very few and far between. The whole point about 20 miles was a turn of phrase to illustrate a point, as you well know, but as ever you take something excessively literally and refuse to budge from an extreme standpoint. I am wondering if the autism you talked abut in your family, is hereditary, which might explain a lot .

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
What's a facist? Someone who doesn't like faces? That would make life difficult.

i shall tell you what makes life difficult,you have used "what" as a determiner and followed through with "someone" as a pronoun to a question following a determiner .......the world is clearly,according to this thread a difficult enough place already,please stop adding to the confusion.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I see you are involving so many others and of course everyone else is unable to write logically, when it is you, who seems to be unable to grasp what others are writing. First me, then AM then SM and the pattern goes on. Collectively, many folk here have a variety of experience on this matter, not the least SM, but we are all unable to see the big picture. Only you can. If you really think that is nonsense, then you are severely deluded - of course there are shining examples, obviously not including yourself, but they are very few and far between. The whole point about 20 miles was a turn of phrase to illustrate a point, as you well know, but as ever you take something excessively literally and refuse to budge from an extreme standpoint.

SM often makes some very good points, as do you. Sadly in this case we were not discussing the bigger picture we were discussing a distinct point that AM made. I know the 20 mile thing was a turn of phrase was a turn of phrase used to illustrate a point and we have since all agreed that the point being made was incorrect. Lets not forget that ccording to you the point being made was living in the same house (from 20 miles to living in the same house and you accuse me of holding an extreme standpoint), I can't help but wonder how far you will take the illustration of a point.

Like I say move on

I am wondering if the autism you talked abut in your family, is hereditary, which might explain a lot .

Stay classy HG. :rolleyes:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I see you are involving so many others and of course everyone else is unable to write logically, when it is you, who seems to be unable to grasp what others are writing. First me, then AM then SM and the pattern goes on. Collectively, many folk here have a variety of experience on this matter, not the least SM, but we are all unable to see the big picture. Only you can. If you really think that is nonsense, then you are severely deluded - of course there are shining examples, obviously not including yourself, but they are very few and far between. The whole point about 20 miles was a turn of phrase to illustrate a point, as you well know, but as ever you take something excessively literally and refuse to budge from an extreme standpoint. I am wondering if the autism you talked abut in your family, is hereditary, which might explain a lot .

i normally like your input chap,but this is a bit below the belt.Fishy is a worthy adversary on these issues and i have a lot of time for his opinion he is always wrong :clap: ,but he is not insulting like a few that can be mentioned

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
i normally like your input chap,but this is a bit below the belt.Fishy is a worthy adversary on these issues and i have a lot of time for his opinion he is always wrong :clap: ,but he is not insulting like a few that can be mentioned

Thanks -by the way the felling is mutual. Yes, you are right in that it was a bit below the belt, which I fully accept. In fact I was laying a bit of a trap for BF. Since he had written just before that I was a bit of a tit, I thought that I would be equally "below the belt" as you put it. And yes, his hypocrisy did show through, as I thought it would. He talks about me being classy, when he had clearly forgotten his earlier insult. He can be insulting, you know, though not to the extent of others, granted, Hope this clear it up for you and have a good day.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Thanks -by the way the felling is mutual. Yes, you are right in that it was a bit below the belt, which I fully accept. In fact I was laying a bit of a trap for BF. Since he had written just before that I was a bit of a tit, I thought that I would be equally "below the belt" as you put it. And yes, his hypocrisy did show through, as I thought it would. He talks about me being classy, when he had clearly forgotten his earlier insult. He can be insulting, you know, though not to the extent of others, granted, Hope this clear it up for you and have a good day.

im so confused,being top of the league and possibly signing a player for pesos or dollars is not helping either.

this thread is done as is the EU,its credibility and the last person left who is prepared to back it.......an Aussie .....im out

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
im so confused,being top of the league and possibly signing a player for pesos or dollars is not helping either.

this thread is done as is the EU,its credibility and the last person left who is prepared to back it.......an Aussie .....im out

A fitting end and I will join you!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

......and there I was expecting a simple apology. :lolol:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Now that is below the belt Pasta :lolol:

Not backing the EU to be honest mate, i am an interested observer on that score. One thing i have learnt on here is that the EU is more than a little suspect.

Last edited:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I am wondering if the autism you talked abut in your family, is hereditary, which might explain a lot .

As another poster pointed out, you have let yourself down very badly with this comment. It is the sort of ' off the cuff ' comment that I hear regularly, from those who have no contact with autism and no empathy. Try bringing up two children with autism and then you may have some appreciation of the lifelong struggle that those affected have to endure.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
As another poster pointed out, you have let yourself down very badly with this comment. It is the sort of ' off the cuff ' comment that I hear regularly, from those who have no contact with autism and no empathy. Try bringing up two children with autism and then you may have some appreciation of the lifelong struggle that those affected have to endure.

I have said already that I accept that. It was in poor taste but I was testing BF's level of hypocrisy when he feels that he can insult others and then take offence when he is the butt. And hypocrisy he showed! But apologies to you, which odes without saying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here