Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
This is poppycock fishy,you have simply fallen into calling people who question issues surrounding asylum seeking as having no conscience.Its a well worn path peddled for years that usually ends with accusations of racist.This path has seen its day and wont wash anymore.

There is plenty to be suspicious about though with regard to asylum seekers, especially with regard to being genuinely fleeing from persecution or simply economic migrants
The figures for those refused refugee status or protection all over Europe clearly show large numbers are from the latter group.(I have posted these previously on here)
Only this afternoon I listened to a reporter who has been following groups travelling the routes describe how he came across a group of people travelling the other way.It seems they had given up trying to get to Germany and were going home to Iraq.
You have to ask how bad it must in their particular area that they are simply returning to exactly the place they are fleeing from.
Of course this is not true for all those making this journey and you cant read too much into one reporters observations but at least we should be questioning who is genuinely in fear for their life or persecution and needs protection and who is not.

Which leads to my next point,people are saying Germany will be taking 800,000 refugees this year why cant other countries help out.This is tosh rubbish, Germany is expecting 800,000 people to apply for asylum.After processing 100`s of thousands are likely to be refused refugee status.Germany is buckling under the system to process people and then be responsible for people until they are deported(largely through their own making) They simply want other countries to share the burden of processing and share the burden of keeping people who are refused asylum until they are deported.

This countries plan is to take genuine already processed refugees from the camps surrounding Syria,hate the Tories and Cameron if you want but it’s the most sensible plan promoted by anyone in Europe so far. If the whole EU sent out this same clear message and stuck to its own rules(schengen) this crisis of mass movement would end.

However much you don’t like it Europe cannot cope with vast amounts of economic migrants,its possible at a push,and it’s a big ask requiring big thinking from all The EU,surrounding Syrian countries and Arab nations to manage and process genuine refugees but until you verify who is genuine you are going to see scenes as we do on TV.

If people are in the camp of all economic migrants should be given equal status as refugees as some are saying,because they are just looking for a new life, I would ask them if they have a cut off figure as to how many economic migrants Europe allows in from outside Europe? If they do have one why can they not justify exceeding this figure? If they don’t have a cut off figure would they be happy if say 10,50,100, or 200 million of the planets poorest upped sticks made their way to Europe because some people said come here,everyone welcome, we will look after you.

I noticed this question has been posed a few times on here in various forms and yet no one of the pro economic migrant camp has been willing to supply an answer

Spot on.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
[MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION]......you are wasting your breath mate....he lives in geelong......victorias' answer to barnham.....!! i lived in sydney for 20 years , there is a massive lebanese/ palestinian community there , most of them 3rd or 4th generation..........you have to ask yourself why these people take it upon themselves to protest violently in sydney over a cartoon that is drawn on the other side of the globe.......they take to the streets in their thousands....!!! over a cartoon and yet we , as a race , are ambivalent over countless videos of barbaric beheadings and mass executions carried out in the name of religion...........how extreme exactly would we call these people who get so fired up over a cartoon...??

Exactly.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
It's not something I'd really thought about. My point is, and still is, posting videos of random short clips from YT proves nothing. Some of the videos posted after Soulman's for example, you can't use them to say the British are racist. It's a daft way to try and back up your point.

This is not a "random clip", it may not meet your approval, but this is happening, ok not here yet, but it could happen.
Migrant-on-migrant violence has broken out in Croatia, the latest flashpoint on the Balkans route into Europe after Hungary sealed its border. Footage has surfaced online, filmed today, of fit young men wildly swinging punches and throwing rocks at each other. Cries of “Allah hu Akbar” can be heard amid the din.
The migrants went to war outside the train and bus station in the Croatian town of Beli Manastir. Around five to eight thousand are currently amassing in the small Balkan village.
Initial reports cite rumours suggesting that only Syrian migrants were being permitted tickets sparked the violence. The video shows the fight in the station spilling out into the street with missiles flying through the air.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
This is not a "random clip", it may not meet your approval, but this is happening, ok not here yet, but it could happen.
Migrant-on-migrant violence has broken out in Croatia, the latest flashpoint on the Balkans route into Europe after Hungary sealed its border. Footage has surfaced online, filmed today, of fit young men wildly swinging punches and throwing rocks at each other. Cries of “Allah hu Akbar” can be heard amid the din.
The migrants went to war outside the train and bus station in the Croatian town of Beli Manastir. Around five to eight thousand are currently amassing in the small Balkan village.
Initial reports cite rumours suggesting that only Syrian migrants were being permitted tickets sparked the violence. The video shows the fight in the station spilling out into the street with missiles flying through the air.

I'm not exactly surprised to see chaos like this with this refugee crisis. The UN needs to step up and all countries need to do their fair share (like that's going to happen but it should) in trying to resolve it, however far away they may be. Europe can't cope alone. That's my reaction to this and other news videos I have seen of the crisis.

Your memes and fight videos prove nothing though. That's my point.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I'm not exactly surprised to see chaos like this with this refugee crisis. The UN needs to step up and all countries need to do their fair share (like that's going to happen but it should) in trying to resolve it, however far away they may be. Europe can't cope alone. That's my reaction to this and other news videos I have seen of the crisis.

So far no one has answered the question....why Europe..why are they being allowed to come into Europe when there is Arabia..North Africa..the whole of Asia to send them to....
Why is it ONLY Europe's job to house and keep these people...?????when Europe has NOTHING in common with them and most have mindsets totally incompatible with European thinking.

Maybe you can answer it.

Last edited:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
So far no one has answered the question....why Europe..why are they being allowed to come into Europe when there is Arabia..North Africa..the whole of Asia to send them to....
Why is it ONLY Europe's job to house and keep these people...?????when Europe has NOTHING in common with them and most have mindsets totally incompatible with European thinking.

Maybe you can answer it.

It is a political blindspot, politicians cannot ever consider one group of people different from another, unless for some perverse reason it is a favourable comparison against ourselves.

Its one of the reasons that the recently defunct multicultural project was ever introduced.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

Maybe you can answer it.

Could it possibly be that the general population of Europe has an ethos developed since the end of WWII based on helping others worse off than themselves? ???

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Maybe you can answer it.

I think you will find lots are im Turkey and other neighbouring countries

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Could it possibly be that the general population of Europe has an ethos developed since the end of WWII based on helping others worse off than themselves? ???

Perhaps i have missed something has Europe and especially the UK not been " helping others worse off than themselves? ???[/QUOTE]" since WW2.
Has the UK and Europe not been giving billions in aid to those " worse off than themselves". Having mass immigration over the years to many.
I asked "Why is it ONLY Europe's job to house and keep these people...??when Europe has NOTHING in common with them and most have mindsets totally incompatible with European thinking.".....

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Perhaps i have missed something has Europe and especially the UK not been " helping others worse off than themselves? ???
" since WW2.
Has the UK and Europe not been giving billions in aid to those " worse off than themselves". Having mass immigration over the years to many.
I asked "Why is it ONLY Europe's job to house and keep these people...??when Europe has NOTHING in common with them and most have mindsets totally incompatible with European thinking.".....[/QUOTE]

What is "european thinking" ? I didnt realise we thought as one

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
" since WW2.
I asked "Why is it ONLY Europe's job to house and keep these people...??when Europe has NOTHING in common with them and most have mindsets totally incompatible with European thinking.".....

What is "european thinking" ? I didnt realise we thought as one[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately at the moment we are told we must think as one, seeing as you are splitting hairs to deflect, will it be ok to change the quote and substitute the word UK for Europe in that statement....then perhaps it will be ok for you to answer.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

I will not troll any of your previous post, but I suspect you like so many have only recently accepted that Europe cannot cope.

I might forgive you, but the political leaders that originally didnt do anything to deter the sea crossing and then welcome them without any foresight of the likely consequences is quite astounding.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Perhaps i have missed something has Europe and especially the UK not been " helping others worse off than themselves? ???" since WW2.

You also asked, "So far no one has answered the question....why Europe..why are they being allowed to come into Europe when there is Arabia..North Africa..the whole of Asia to send them to..." - which is what I answered :)

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I will not troll any of your previous post, but I suspect you like so many have only recently accepted that Europe cannot cope.

I might forgive you, but the political leaders that originally didnt do anything to deter the sea crossing and then welcome them without any foresight of the likely consequences is quite astounding.

So gracious. Thank you. I've always thought the rest of the world should lend a hand. What else can you do for people being bombed out of their homes? Sadly, many countries just don't.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
So gracious. Thank you. I've always thought the rest of the world should lend a hand. What else can you do for people being bombed out of their homes? Sadly, many countries just don't.

Of course all nations should lend a hand but was the 'Good Samaritan' wrong to stop and help because so many others had passed by on the other side of the road?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here