Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK net migration hits record high

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I am trying to put myself in BF shoes, of course I would not be worried or concerned, my finger would not be on the pulse....hmm why, perhaps because I live 15000 miles away.

Brilliant. So the two posters (DIP and BF) most vocal about being being pro mass immigration do not live here. :lolol:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Brilliant. So the two posters (DIP and BF) most vocal about being being pro mass immigration do not live here. [emoji38]ol:
Well DIP is very anti English so I guess he would be secretly smiling if the worse case senario should happen. Either way this thread was initially about mass immigration in the UK, which I still think should be controlled. ..and I don't mean via Prague or Geelong Australia.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Interesting documentary from ZDF TV. Do we really need to explain anymore why things don't fit.

Thanks for this.Truly worrying, and the messages from Germany are now rather more sanguine, as to what they have let themselves in for. I wonder how widespread are these families' views. They look like "normal" folk, rather than outwardly fanatical, which is even more concerning. Perhaps the idea of communities living separate lives is sadly more entrenched than we think?

D

Deleted member 22389

Thanks for this.Truly worrying, and the messages from Germany are now rather more sanguine, as to what they have let themselves in for. I wonder how widespread are these families' views. They look like "normal" folk, rather than outwardly fanatical, which is even more concerning. Perhaps the idea of communities living separate lives is sadly more entrenched than we think?

Which leads to me to the point I think I we chatted about yesterday, people need to start separating extremism from hard line / conservative views. These people as we can see are not extremists like you say, but their views are too conservative, it's not going to work.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Which leads to me to the point I think I we chatted about yesterday, people need to start separating extremism from hard line / conservative views. These people as we can see are not extremists like you say, but their views are too conservative, it's not going to work.

The trouble is though, playing devil’s advocate, with regard to wives and daughters, no man really wants to see them slutting about having affairs, different boyfriends, drinking every week and dealing with teenage pregnancies etc.

I am pretty sure that it was almost accepted pre-80’s in Britain, that men could beat their wives.

I had a friend at school whose dad killed his wife in a fit of rage because of an affair she was having and I guess that could be called an honour killing. He got sentenced to two years for diminished responsibility, but served one in an open prison and was then released. I would say that is too lenient in favour of the man.

But going back to my first point a Muslim man's view is not too dissimilar to a Western man's view regarding his wife and daughters. We are almost trying to get them to say “I’m happy for my wife to have affairs and I am happy for my daughter to get drunk every week and to have a teen pregnancy with an unknown father.” Can any of us say this?

Strict husbands and parenting goes on everywhere so it is hard to just tell Muslims not to be strict when it is not just them who are.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
The trouble is though, playing devil’s advocate, with regard to wives and daughters, no man really wants to see them slutting about having affairs, different boyfriends, drinking every week and dealing with teenage pregnancies etc.

I am pretty sure that it was almost accepted pre-80’s in Britain, that men could beat their wives.

I had a friend at school whose dad killed his wife in a fit of rage because of an affair she was having and I guess that could be called an honour killing. He got sentenced to two years for diminished responsibility, but served one in an open prison and was then released. I would say that is too lenient in favour of the man.

But going back to my first point a Muslim man's view is not too dissimilar to a Western man's view regarding his wife and daughters. We are almost trying to get them to say “I’m happy for my wife to have affairs and I am happy for my daughter to get drunk every week and to have a teen pregnancy with an unknown father.” Can any of us say this?

Strict husbands and parenting goes on everywhere so it is hard to just tell Muslims not to be strict when it is not just them who are.
That is of course true, and in that muslims are probably no different to Christians. jews etc etc. But that is not really the point here. The interviewer repeatedly told them that the German constitution is such that women have equal rights and can decide for themselves whom they marry, which was contradicted continually. The dad actually said that his daughter could not marry a non-believer. The point was also frequently made by muslim men that women should obey their husbands/older brothers, which, as you know, goes totally against western values. Is it any wonder that some children grow up to want to join the barbarians, or commit acts of terrorism here, when they are brought up with this.
I see your point about the distinction between extremism and conservatism, and accept that there is a difference, though neither is likely to lead to a harmonious society tolerant of others. Indeed, if these are "normal conservatives" deciding they will just simply go their own way, and reflecting again on the two Panorama programmes this last year, you really fear for the future.

Jan 30, 2008
i see they're selling their arses to the Italian nonce' s outside Rome railway station, A REAL BUM DEAL FOR THEM IN EUROPE ,should have stayed where they came from ,less intrusion i would have imagined
regards
DR

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
The Canadian imigration system, very interesting, at the end of the video, is the way to go.

Yes, fascinating to see, but I am not sure what numbers they are dealing with and presumably they are able to control more who comes in and out, rather than say European countries. It clearly has merits, from what we saw, though of course we do not know what success rate it has. To be ultra cynical, anyone can stand there and sing, if it gives you citizenship, and the minister did say that they get rid of between 5 and 10,000 who do not live up to Canadian ideals, so it is not totally without its failures. But the host community is genuinely trying, so give credit where it is due.

Jan 30, 2008
No, it won't happen here, integration and accepting the country they choose to emigrate to........er hang on.
it's gone to far now Soulman, as i've said time and time again WE HAVE ghettos in this country that will get bigger as more of the same kind move to them, LOAD'S OF DAY DREAMERS on here are just kidding themselves
regards
DR

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
it's gone to far now Soulman, as i've said time and time again WE HAVE ghettos in this country that will get bigger as more of the same kind move to them, LOAD'S OF DAY DREAMERS on here are just kidding themselves
regards
DR

Whilst most left-wing politicians were banging on about how wonderful 'multicuturalism' was as ghettos and local sharia law was springing up in many of our major towns and cities and labour councils seemed obsessed about downplaying our major celebrations like Easter and Christmas in case they caused 'offence' whilst celebrating everyone else's cultural festivals. Is it any surprise that many immigrants have no respect for our traditions and culture when we have plenty of British people in authority who don't feel they are that important either ?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Whilst most left-wing politicians were banging on about how wonderful 'multicuturalism' was as ghettos and local sharia law was springing up in many of our major towns and cities and labour councils seemed obsessed about downplaying our major celebrations like Easter and Christmas in case they caused 'offence' whilst celebrating everyone else's cultural festivals. Is it any surprise that many immigrants have no respect for our traditions and culture when we have plenty of British people in authority who don't feel they are that important either ?

Exactly. That video of what is happening in Germany is here as well as in other European cities. While the lefty appeasers try to run down many peoples concerns they fail to realise whilst they are banding around their usual get out tags, that other faiths and cultures are getting fed up with them too.
Do you hear of any real trouble or demands from the other races/religions that live here.......

Jan 30, 2008
IT'S A DISGRACE THEY'RE IN POWER, obviously looking after their own interests, we need some HUNGARIAN attitude
regards
DR

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
That is of course true, and in that muslims are probably no different to Christians. jews etc etc. But that is not really the point here. The interviewer repeatedly told them that the German constitution is such that women have equal rights and can decide for themselves whom they marry, which was contradicted continually. The dad actually said that his daughter could not marry a non-believer. The point was also frequently made by muslim men that women should obey their husbands/older brothers, which, as you know, goes totally against western values. Is it any wonder that some children grow up to want to join the barbarians, or commit acts of terrorism here, when they are brought up with this.
I see your point about the distinction between extremism and conservatism, and accept that there is a difference, though neither is likely to lead to a harmonious society tolerant of others. Indeed, if these are "normal conservatives" deciding they will just simply go their own way, and reflecting again on the two Panorama programmes this last year, you really fear for the future.

I agree. It is basically an old fashioned moral belief system, but one we share in our recent past. A Catholic marrying a Protestant caused problems and family splits just as one example. Wedding vows up until recently was about the woman to "honour and obey".

As a society we are still going through learning tolerance and equal rights for women ourselves.

Personally in the current climate I would only take in refugees if they converted to Christianity or Atheism, pledge allegiance to the country, and sing the national anthem. Maby drink some holy water and eat a bacon sandwich as well.

Last edited:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Personally in the current climate I would only take in refugees if they converted to Christianity or Atheism, pledge allegiance to the country, and sing the national anthem. Maby drink some holy water and eat a bacon sandwich as well.

Crikey, glad i did not suggest that.
Anyway, that seems a bit unfair (if you were serious) on those here that have different religions and cause no trouble, integrate and support the British way of life, that's why i have stated many times that most are no trouble and we rub along quite nicely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here