Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] UK and Ireland to bid for Euro 2028 but not World Cup

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Jesus, some people's comments are ludicrous. As far as I'm aware, there was really only one incident at the matches in the UK at the Euros. It was bad but shit happens all over the world but some seem so keen to self flagellate they ignore the other stuff.

I can't see any reason why we shouldn't put in a bid. I assuming some of the reference to uncertainty is about support from the government. Seems Julian Knight doesn't give a flying fig about the countries biggest sport.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I guess the FA realise that we simply do not have a big enough brown envelope to host the World Cup..

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It seems pretty done. UK/Ireland will get the 2028 tournament.

I think it is a little shit with 5 nations directly qualified for the tournament, especially as England could easily do this alone, but with the opposition its probably the best alternative.

In about a week, the candidates must have done their application... and it seems the bidders will be UK/Ireland, Turkey and Russia. Turkey is always applying and always ignored. Russia looks "a little bit" unlikely coming out as the winner, plenty believe that they just dont want UK/Ireland to be uncontested, forcing them to spend millions on campaigning. Scandinavia previously considered trying to get the tournament but that wont happen. Unless anything unexpected happens, UK will end up the winner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here