Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UEFA World Cup Boycott?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Another positive thing happening ..... UK banks are investigating if they were used for any of the corrupt payments. The net is closing on the Swiss criminal.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Chuck Blazer is, thankfully, already squealing, hence the reason he was miked up.

I realise that but perhaps a signed statement or recorded confession giving names, as we say in this country turning Queens Evidence would implicate and possibly convict more of the names.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I disagree with a boycott and I fully agree that every nation no matter how small should get a vote. That's Democracy

Who are the English FA and German FA and American FA and all the other to try and bully and influence the others to vote how they want them to vote.

And as for Sepp Blatter. Do we really really know that he is shit at his job. We are fed all this media hype telling us that he is corrupt but he has not been arrested for anything he has done wrong. If he had done then YES there may have been just cause for him being forced out.

And much as I cannot stand Russia's President Putin, he is correct. What the **** does all this have to do with the FBI. Why wasn't an Investigation carried out by an organisation not specific to any one country. So Putin is correct, the USA are meddling in more foreign affairs that does not concern them. After all, they have a history of bulldozing countries around the world and leaving them in a bigger mess than how they found them

For once Money cannot buy what people want and the large FA's in Europe do not like that and as far as I am concerned that's just tough shit. And anyhow, for every England or Germany or a France or USA waiting to pull out, there is a Slovenia or a Latvia or Belarus or Slovakia waiting to step in so a boycott would be useless.

Yes, we do know Blatter is shit at his job, as so far 11 of his very senior executives have been arrested, and this this only going to increase. As the top man he is respondible for what goes on under him, if he's not actively involved then his oversight must be severly lacking. If it was one person under him arrested maybe you could excuse him, but not fraud to this extent (okay, se are assuming guilt here and they've nit been convicted yet). ANY chief exec of another organisation would have been fired by now.

I don't see why the US shouldn't be involved. If fraud is suspected of cross into their shores, they have the option, actually, make that a duty, to investigate purely on their own behalf. As have the Swiss and now, as have the UK. I'm not sure what this mythical cross-boader independant law organisation is that you think should be acting.

One thing that Putin is undoubtedly correct about, that this has a political aspect to it, but then of course it has, when you have any activity that involves most of the countries of the world, just look at Eurovision.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What alternative is there to a boycott of FIFA? Blatter's endemic bribery has guaranteed his re-election four times now. It's rotten to the core and a World Cup in winter in Qatar tangible proof that FIFA will do whatever it takes to earn a fat payday.

I favour a boycott of the 2022 World Cup and an extra European Championship.

As an alternative to the boycott, or in addition to it, perhaps the European clubs should start giving their very well paid players new contracts which specify which international competitions they will be released for? European Nations Cup - fine; African Cup of Nations - fine (we don't want to alienate the African nations that might also decide to leave FIFA when they see the colour of money). But no releases for FIFA tournaments, specifically the World Cup.
Simple choice for the players and their agents, really. Do you want your £100K a week and not play in the World Cup, or would you prefer a quarter of that but be allowed to swan off to Russia and Qatar?

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
They all have their snouts in the trough in this multi-billion pound industry. So called call to 'reform' is just a cover for a power struggle between the elite to get their dirty corrupt hands on the dirty filthy lucre! It's hilarious that Prince William has been pushed to the front to give an air of 'faux-respectability' to this cynical cat fight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here