Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UEFA World Cup Boycott?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I disagree with a boycott and I fully agree that every nation no matter how small should get a vote. That's Democracy

Who are the English FA and German FA and American FA and all the other to try and bully and influence the others to vote how they want them to vote.

And as for Sepp Blatter. Do we really really know that he is shit at his job. We are fed all this media hype telling us that he is corrupt but he has not been arrested for anything he has done wrong. If he had done then YES there may have been just cause for him being forced out.

And much as I cannot stand Russia's President Putin, he is correct. What the **** does all this have to do with the FBI. Why wasn't an Investigation carried out by an organisation not specific to any one country. So Putin is correct, the USA are meddling in more foreign affairs that does not concern them. After all, they have a history of bulldozing countries around the world and leaving them in a bigger mess than how they found them

For once Money cannot buy what people want and the large FA's in Europe do not like that and as far as I am concerned that's just tough shit. And anyhow, for every England or Germany or a France or USA waiting to pull out, there is a Slovenia or a Latvia or Belarus or Slovakia waiting to step in so a boycott would be useless.
You have a few good points, but your one about Putin is wrong. The FBI are investigating money laundering, corruption, and 'racketeering' in respect to potential law breaking by individuals and companies within the US financial and taxation system, and jurisdiction.

Whilst there may well be lots of other wider corruption ( ie world cup bids etc. ) they are not investigating this.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If EUFA take a vote on a boycott and it is agreed then surely all european countries would be obliged to boycott it as it is within the rules for each individual FA to refuse to sanction a competition. It then follows that EUFA as the governing body of European football can refuse to sanction the FIFA World Cup so the likes of France and Spain could not participate in it even if they wished to.y k?

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You have a few good points, but your one about Putin is wrong. The FBI are investigating money laundering, corruption, and 'racketeering' in respect to potential law breaking by individuals and companies within the US financial and taxation system, and jurisdiction.

Whilst there may well be lots of other wider corruption ( ie world cup bids etc. ) they are not investigating this.

Did they not say on News at Ten that the SFO in this country are investigating this as well as the FBI.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Did they not say on News at Ten that the SFO in this country are investigating this as well as the FBI.
Yes, they are but there is currently no indication as to whether any action will be taken once they conclude their investigation.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
62 people will have died to stage each and every match at Qatar. Some 4000 odd in total. What kind of world, let alone sport, finds that anything other than disgusting. Regardless of any of the other FIFA/Blatter crimes this should be sufficient to have us (and indeed every other civilised person, country, organisation) boycotting. Even if no-one else is, we should. I'm already not using any of the sponsors stuff and I won't be watching any FIFA games.

If you're going to argue against this post, please save me some time and start your post with your justification of the loss of life. If you manage to convince me that the 1200 deaths so far is a price worth paying then I'll read the rest of your post.

If you're Richard Keys - Foxtrot Oscar.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
FIFA would be left with the African cup of nations + the odd rogue country. That would be quite funny and they'd be done.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
UEFA now considering expanding the 2020 Euros and inviting Brasil, Argentina, Mexico and Japan, and maybe more to participate.

Sounds like the start of an alternative World Cup.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
UEFA should pull out and form a new world body with any outside European countries they can persuade to come too.

The money would follow, which in turn would mean any countries that didn't come too would be in the cold. In time we would have a brand new global football body replacing FIFA.

I think it is that simple but may take a few years of sorting out.

I fear that UEFA may not have big enough balls to do it though.

Why not just put up a candidate to stand against Blatter?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Can't find anywhere that says this. What's your source please? I note that the French press laid into Blatter and the French Foreign Minister called for a delay in the election process. Platini said yesterday in a press conference that he had 45 or 46 of the 53 EUFA federations backing the prince so that's a pretty emphatic solidarity from the Europeans. I think that even though Spain backed Blatter, the weight of pressure brought to bear from, say, a rival cup would bring them on board.

See how the react buy threatening to ban Spanish teams from the CL

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
62 people will have died to stage each and every match at Qatar. Some 4000 odd in total. What kind of world, let alone sport, finds that anything other than disgusting. Regardless of any of the other FIFA/Blatter crimes this should be sufficient to have us (and indeed every other civilised person, country, organisation) boycotting. Even if no-one else is, we should. I'm already not using any of the sponsors stuff and I won't be watching any FIFA games.

If you're going to argue against this post, please save me some time and start your post with your justification of the loss of life. If you manage to convince me that the 1200 deaths so far is a price worth paying then I'll read the rest of your post.

If you're Richard Keys - Foxtrot Oscar.
Can't really argue with this post it is truly disgusting, everyone involved including Platini and all his crones should be ashamed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I disagree with a boycott and I fully agree that every nation no matter how small should get a vote. That's Democracy

Who are the English FA and German FA and American FA and all the other to try and bully and influence the others to vote how they want them to vote.

I agree with first point, some of your second, but not the rest of your post though. And to further your first point, smaller nations having less voting power than say England just maintains status quo.....something we surely want to challenge?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I agree with first point, some of your second, but not the rest of your post though. And to further your first point, smaller nations having less voting power than say England just maintains status quo.....something we surely want to challenge?

I can't really help what I believe. Blatter is not forcing anyone to vote for him. If there is any proof of wrong doing by Blatter then surely the can go to all of these people and say, 'here we are he is guilty of this and guilty of that and he is doing this wrong and doing that wrong'' and if they can prove it then that should convince the others not to vote for him.

I think people just think he is too old and they want someone new. However, here is where I think some people may be correct.

I think there could be some skeletons in his cupboard to be unearthed and that is why he is hanging on because he knows that when someone else may find them when they take over. For me, suspicion is not enough and I have seen what the press can do to people if they want rid.

Our own current manager got it from the East Anglian Press by constantly having open votes about whether he should be sacked within 6 months of him taking over at Norwich and they always had it after a defeat, ever after a win.

I am diversifying I know but press sensationalise trivia just to stir things up and keep a story running. Blatter has overseen the rise of FIFA where they have managed to raise Trillions in Sponsorships over the years and until they come up with proof of any wrong doing by him then I for one accept that there is none until I am convinced otherwise.

I know many disagree with me but I cant help having that opinion.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I can't really help what I believe. Blatter is not forcing anyone to vote for him. If there is any proof of wrong doing by Blatter then surely the can go to all of these people and say, 'here we are he is guilty of this and guilty of that and he is doing this wrong and doing that wrong'' and if they can prove it then that should convince the others not to vote for him.

I think people just think he is too old and they want someone new. However, here is where I think some people may be correct.

I think there could be some skeletons in his cupboard to be unearthed and that is why he is hanging on because he knows that when someone else may find them when they take over. For me, suspicion is not enough and I have seen what the press can do to people if they want rid.

Our own current manager got it from the East Anglian Press by constantly having open votes about whether he should be sacked within 6 months of him taking over at Norwich and they always had it after a defeat, ever after a win.

I am diversifying I know but press sensationalise trivia just to stir things up and keep a story running. Blatter has overseen the rise of FIFA where they have managed to raise Trillions in Sponsorships over the years and until they come up with proof of any wrong doing by him then I for one accept that there is none until I am convinced otherwise.

I know many disagree with me but I cant help having that opinion.
The whole way FIFA is set up is wrong and encourages favouritism, cronyism, deals and illegal activity. If the balance of power was not with the many little federations, Blatter would not have a hope. He has bought their votes with the promise of further support, support which has apparently often gone into the pockets of those who are supposed to be distributing it. This whole thing has EVERYTHING to do with Blatter and his reelection. Anyone who has been head of a corrupt organisation for as long as he has been is either incompetent or crooked. He is totally unsuitable as president as he has not taken the action needed to weed out malpractice.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

And as for Sepp Blatter. Do we really really know that he is shit at his job. We are fed all this media hype telling us that he is corrupt but he has not been arrested for anything he has done wrong. If he had done then YES there may have been just cause for him being forced out.

And much as I cannot stand Russia's President Putin, he is correct. What the **** does all this have to do with the FBI. Why wasn't an Investigation carried out by an organisation not specific to any one country. So Putin is correct, the USA are meddling in more foreign affairs that does not concern them. After all, they have a history of bulldozing countries around the world and leaving them in a bigger mess than how they found them

For once Money cannot buy what people want and the large FA's in Europe do not like that and as far as I am concerned that's just tough shit. And anyhow, for every England or Germany or a France or USA waiting to pull out, there is a Slovenia or a Latvia or Belarus or Slovakia waiting to step in so a boycott would be useless.

Either this is Mr Blatter posting on NSC or the poster is a complete ostrich!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here