Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] UEFA has threatened to disqualify England and Russia from Euro 2016

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Easier to arrest our fans because they stand in front of the French OB and lob bottles at them.

The Russians have worked out their exit routes from confrontations well in advance, and target victims where there are no police around.

I can't help but feel the Russians are being given far too much credit, whether for organisation, tactics, or whatever. It is like our fans take a good kicking and therefore the perpetrators MUST have been trained in Siberian hooligan camps, pouring over maps and studying past football violence. When you say exit routes well in advance, do you mean they bought the €1 city tourist map from the shop outside the station?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I can't help but feel the Russians are being given far too much credit, whether for organisation, tactics, or whatever. It is like our fans take a good kicking and therefore the perpetrators MUST have been trained in Siberian hooligan camps, pouring over maps and studying past football violence. When you say exit routes well in advance, do you mean they bought the €1 city tourist map from the shop outside the station?

Russians were sober (which is unusual) and wanted to make a name for themselves. They also have the tacit support of the state.

It's a funny country, some beautiful architecture and women. Started teaching there during perestroika so saw a lot of change. I've been banned from visiting since 2009 though.

Sent from Konnie Huq's lingerie drawer.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Russians were sober (which is unusual) and wanted to make a name for themselves. They also have the tacit support of the state.

[URLhttp://gu.com/p/4yvh2?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other][/URL]

It's a funny country, some beautiful architecture and women. Started teaching there during perestroika so saw a lot of change. I've been banned from visiting since 2009 though.

what for you naughty thing?

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Planned or not planned what's the difference?Are you saying what the english fans have been doing the last 3 days is ok because it wasn't planned?Well maybe it was but if not it doesn't make a difference.Do you think it's acceptable if during more troubles with the police being stretched that an Islamic terrorist could slip in and kill people?

You clearly have no concept of basics of the law if you cannot understand that there is a difference between an act that is premeditated and organised and one which is spontaneous. The difference between MURDER and MANSLAUGHTER for instance.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Showed me his flick truncheon on the last train back to worthing???

He showed his own 'truncheon' to an occasional female poster on NSC.

She said that if everything was in proportion he'd be a foot shorter than he actually is, which is saying something.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Hmmm how to respond?!? Whatever I say i suspect you'll be aghast at my 'trying too hard' prose. I think upon reflection and by default, through your assessment of me, you've made yourself look like the one trying to be a smart arse. Glenn Hoddle?!? obviously he's got some very strange and abhorrent religious ideas, but I think you're referring to his quasi intellectual footballing missives.... Again hmmmm... I guess I'd rather be compared to him than a racist.

And my legs are far nicer.

Moreover what I do find odd, is this idea that being wrong or indeed right within a pointed debate is a sign of intelligence or lack thereof. That aside, i haven't professed to be right, merely expressed my perspective based on what I've seen and feel.

I do appreciate your first line however, thanks for that.

I guess that's a 'rap' LL.

Kosh

I wasn't "trying to be a smart arse" at all and I'm pretty sure it's only you who could have interpreted my post like that. My reference to Hoddle was simply that he is an unintelligent man who believes he's very clever. Perhaps a bit harsh, but that's exactly how you were coming across on this thread.

Flowery prose aside, you stated in two different posts that a "majority" of England fans were causing trouble (at least 51%) and that you didn't believe that completely innocent England fans were attacked while sitting in bars doing nothing wrong.

Both these statements were blatantly wrong and if (as you say) you were "merely expressing your perspective based on what you've seen and feel" then that makes no difference as you were still wrong and you have chosen to ignore the first hand reports of fans, reporters, journalists and both the French and English police. Many of which have been posted on this thread.

This either shows a lack of intelligence or a willful ignorance of the facts in order to push an agenda. Or both.

Which is all I was saying. :smile:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I wasn't "trying to be a smart arse" at all and I'm pretty sure it's only you who could have interpreted my post like that. My reference to Hoddle was simply that he is an unintelligent man who believes he's very clever. Perhaps a bit harsh, but that's exactly how you were coming across on this thread.

Flowery prose aside, you stated in two different posts that a "majority" of England fans were causing trouble (at least 51%) and that you didn't believe that completely innocent England fans were attacked while sitting in bars doing nothing wrong.

Both these statements were blatantly wrong and if (as you say) you were "merely expressing your perspective based on what you've seen and feel" then that makes no difference as you were still wrong and you have chosen to ignore the first hand reports of fans, reporters, journalists and both the French and English police. Many of which have been posted on this thread.

This either shows a lack of intelligence or a willful ignorance of the facts in order to push an agenda. Or both.

Which is all I was saying. :smile:

Yes you were being harsh, very harsh actually. Although I'm not sure Mr Hoddle would agree with your sweeping assumption and generalisation re his "intelligence." The generalisation being based on what you've seen and feel, something you castigate me for. Hoddle would doubtless surprise you with the facts re his relative intelligence I'm sure.

As for my majority comment, I apologised for it.

Re my nationality of course I'm English and have no links to the Solomon Isles. My study herein of the, sadly predictable, xenophobic reaction to my post(s) of a minority granted, acutely illustrates the problem we have as a nation. When faced with a contradictory slant from the accepted norm/flow of a debate/situation a proportion resort to name calling, dare I say violence?!? and in this case racist comments. Nasty pieces of work one or two in this thread, not to mention gullible reprobates.

Kosh

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Russia have been given a suspended disqualification.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Russia have been given a suspended disqualification.

It's amazing isn't it. Genuinely thought that UEFA would bottle it (no pun intended) and say they would review at the end of the tournament.

It will be interesting to see what happens if there is further violence and whether they genuinely do follow through - would there then be ramifications for the WC?!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's amazing isn't it. Genuinely thought that UEFA would bottle it (no pun intended) and say they would review at the end of the tournament.

It will be interesting to see what happens if there is further violence and whether they genuinely do follow through - would there then be ramifications for the WC?!

Waiting to see the details, but I presume that this is for the trouble IN the stadium?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
https://twitter.com/alooparathas/status/742484830861066241?s=09 Anyone doubting the deliberateness of the Russians needs to watch this. Be warned, it's not pretty viewing, especially the last few seconds.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Really quite sickening. I couldn't watch the Go Pro footage but the GIF underneath was enough.

I'll never understand people's desire to fight for, as far as I can tell, something as stupid as bragging rights. I just don't get it.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Waiting to see the details, but I presume that this is for the trouble IN the stadium?

Euro 2016: Russia given suspended disqualification and will be thrown out if similar incidents happen in stadium - The Independent [link]

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
[FONT=&quot]Such suspension will be lifted if incidents of a similar nature (crowd disturbances) happen inside the stadium at any of the remaining matches of the Russian team during the tournament[/FONT]

If the Russians could control themselves for 90 minutes of the previous match. I would imagine they'll just wait until they're outside the stadium this time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here