Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] U23's at home to Leicester tonight live on YouTube

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Great goal. Tolaj made that happen with his tenacity. Great cross and a classy finish by the rather excellent Sarmiento.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
This sarmiento fella looks different gravy

He does and I'd be very surprised if we didn't see him in the first team soon. He looks the real deal and reminds me a lot of Vicente.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
We look better without Dicker

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Funnily enough …. I rated Connolly as an U23 player but not as a first team player. This guy has something extra

I'm not entirely sure how you can do that mental gymnastics about 21 year old Aaron Connolly, but well done for trying.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We look better without Dicker

Gotta feel sorry for the lad.

Maybe he can drop down the divisions and find a loan deal that would benefit his fledgling career.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Looks like we need to get him in the first team squad. Really has a bit of X factor.

Think its the intention in the not too distant future but he has barely played football for the last year. He wanted to leave Benfica because they wouldnt give their youngsters the chance in the first team, and then they made the choice not to play him even in the U21s for the last year of his contract.

Think he might play mainly with the U23s until January, then maybe a loan and then on to compete in the first team. Maybe. Or it could go quicker than that.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
He does and I'd be very surprised if we didn't see him in the first team soon. He looks the real deal and reminds me a lot of Vicente.

Funny I said that Tuesday night it’s the little swerve and sudden injection of pace Let’s hope so

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Impressed by Tolaj every week, he is as strong as an ox!

And Sarmiento is so exciting, just looks too good for this level. Wonder if he’ll be up for a half season loan to a Championship club in January?

My favourite moment of that half though was Offiah’s brilliant tackle and long run forward, an absolutely superb piece of play.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Sarmiento looks the nuts. What a great finish. The U 23s have some serious talent

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Sarmiento is excellent, I’m also impressed with Hinchy. Is he the lad from Stockport?
Is this his debut?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Think its the intention in the not too distant future but he has barely played football for the last year. He wanted to leave Benfica because they wouldnt give their youngsters the chance in the first team, and then they made the choice not to play him even in the U21s for the last year of his contract.

Think he might play mainly with the U23s until January, then maybe a loan and then on to compete in the first team. Maybe. Or it could go quicker than that.

Yep. And harsh on someone like Richards who seems to be progressing well and deserves a chance.
Technically he looks the best u23 player I’ve seen at the club.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I can’t help but wonder if Connolly playing a few games at this level wouldn’t bring him back down to earth a bit and simultaneously help his confidence in front of goal. Surely it would be good for him to get minutes under his belt and stay sharp. Alzate and Taylor Richards too.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'm not entirely sure how you can do that mental gymnastics about 21 year old Aaron Connolly, but well done for trying.
Connolly looked amazing for the under 23's. I genuinely thought he would be a star. But as you say he's still young and may well explode into life this season or in the future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here