[Albion] U23's at home to Leicester tonight live on YouTube

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
This is why I really enjoy watching the U23s, you see the progress of these lads and feel genuinely excited about the future. Yeah not all of them are going to make it, but there's some special talent there and the future of the first team is bright in my opinion. Great to see all the hard work starting to come to fruition.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
What do you mean by "made it"?

Chest of drawers flat pack from IKEA, if you can't do that at 21 you will probably never make it, though I understand that Jamie Vardy and Ian Wright were a lot older before they could decipher the Swedish instructions!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Without wanting to single anyone out I want to single out Tolaj again! I didn't go to the game last night but yet again from what I saw on youtube he impressed me so much for his all round play, I'm really hoping we don't loan him out at all next season because by then if not sooner I think he really could make the step up, excellent player and has no conception of what a lost cause is when the ball is in play.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
What do you mean by "made it"?

My earlier comment was that Sarmiento is the most exciting U23 I’ve seen for a long time. I didn’t compare him directly with anyone else I’ve watched over many years but someone on here mentioned AC. I carelessly used the term “made it by 21” to try and describe that most players have demonstrated something special by the age of 21 to show they have the talent and X factor to make it to the top.
Obviously there are exceptions but with most top clubs having a worldwide talent spotting network I think it’s less likely that a 21 year old player with exceptional talent will slip through the net. Of course many of those with great talent still won’t make it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I just watched the full match and Albion were not as potent after Sarmiento went off at half-time.

He was the man that caught the eye going forward. As for Locadia, hold up play good, work rate meh, finishing below par. Tolaj looks a better player than Locadia because he has a harder work rate and that is crucial if you're a sub coming on with 20 mins to go.

Sarmiento has so much natural ability. Of the rest I thought Furlong was excellent again at LB, Tsoungui solid at the back and Hinchy strong in midfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports