Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

U21 Vs Norwich at Amex tonight

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who were the over-age players? Casper, Ince, Elvis, Goldson? Thought you could only play three ???
Doesn't the ruling only apply to outfield players?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The previous Albion Under 21 game was poor. This one came as a welcome surprise.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Much better performance by the Albion. Obviously the team is boosted by players like Goldson,Ince and Manu.

Final score 4-1

It was a very good win against another Cat 1 U21 team - all those overage players mentioned are only 22 as well.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
He is obviously way down the pecking order and can't be on very high wages but i would actually offer him another year deal. I expect he would be happy again just to help out for the U21's and where ever else he is needed.

Walton normally plays.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I only saw from the first 15 minutes, and then couldn't follow it closely, but that was an excellent performance with no end of positives. There was a passing move in the first half (which I think ended in a weak shot from Harris) that was simply sublime. Goldson looks excellent, extremely calm and composed, quick and strong, and good in the air; he scored from a corner, following on from a number of goals for Shrewsbury. Manu did all sorts of things, including setting up two goals quite brilliantly, and a number of other strong, pacy runs where he outran the defence and set up opportunities. Harper oozed class, and scored a quite brilliant goal; he's got great vision and touch.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It was a very good win against another Cat 1 U21 team - all those overage players mentioned are only 22 as well.

Very poor start by us and it had all the hallmarks of previous games this year where we have struggled to compete. We then scored and it appeared to settle us down and we played some good stuff after that. Much better than the West Ham game. some good goals and finishes by us.

Lets hope for another home draw and another stream.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
I thought Harper was tasty, Manu got better, Goldson so assured and RB Hunt well worth watching for the future. All good stuff, as it must start to be (well down the u21 league) with our facilities to attract the youngsters

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I thought Harper was tasty, Manu got better, Goldson so assured and RB Hunt well worth watching for the future. All good stuff, as it must start to be (well down the u21 league) with our facilities to attract the youngsters

Hunt seems to be getting better but still makes mistakes.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Hunt seems to be getting better but still makes mistakes.

He is hardly going to be the finished article now is he? What are you expecting from a youngster?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
FA Youth cup as opposed to playing other Category 1 academies in the League.
We're in the last 16 now.

This wasn't the FA Youth Cup - it was the Premier League U-21 Cup, a competition for Cat 1 academies joined by a number of Cat 2 and Cat 3 academies, at U-21 level.

The FA Youth Cup is for youth teams (ie players up to U-18 level). The round at which Albion enter hasn't been reached yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here