Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two weeks to go - how are you voting in the EU referendum? - Leave or Remain?

How do you intend to vote in the EU referendum?

• Leave

Votes: 125 38.5%
  • Remain

Votes: 183 56.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 17 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Then we obviously move in different circles. I've lived and worked in London for the past 20 years, and will vote Remain. Also the fact that I work in the Financial Markets sector makes it a very easy decision.

Well yes, we all know what the City bankers, the financial sector and their political chums in the Westminster bubble want. However, it is the people - all of us, not just the money bods - who will decide.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Now thats the biggest scaremongering in the whole debate so far :eek:

However not really relevant to the vote as I imagine whatever the result the government will go for a snap election

Are they allowed to do that - wasn't one of the first acts of Cameron's premiership to make it compulsory to have fixed term governments for five years?

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Well yes, we all know what the City bankers, the financial sector and their political chums in the Westminster bubble want. However, it is the people - all of us, not just the money bods - who will decide.

Indeed it will, but my response was to the post about Londoners, not "all of us".

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Both sides are blatantly lying through their teeth, so ignoring the campaign now completely. When it comes down to it :

1) If we did vote to leave, the "outers" won't get anything they want (I can imagine the trade negotiations now : EU "you want a UK/EU trade deal ? You have to accept freedom of movement")
2) I could not in all honesty vote on the same side as Farage, George Galloway and Boris. Those three would automatically make me vote the other way.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I just hope that if there are still any people completely undecided that they bear in mind a vote for REMAIN could, in effect, be a vote for George Osborne as PM.

:wink:

Or Teresa May, or Philip Hammond. Just as I really can't see the UK voting for Brexit I also can't see the UK electing George Osborne. Don't most people think he's a tw*t?!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Both sides are blatantly lying through their teeth, so ignoring the campaign now completely. When it comes down to it :

1) If we did vote to leave, the "outers" won't get anything they want (I can imagine the trade negotiations now : EU "you want a UK/EU trade deal ? You have to accept freedom of movement")
As a net importer of goods from the EU it really is in their best interests to trade with Britain.

:)

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Now thats the biggest scaremongering in the whole debate so far :eek:

However not really relevant to the vote as I imagine whatever the result the government will go for a snap election

Be afraid, be very afraid :ohmy:

Fixed terms parliament so unlikely. There is a convoluted process to trigger one but it wouldn't be easy.

Or Teresa May, or Philip Hammond. Just as I really can't see the UK voting for Brexit I also can't see the UK electing George Osborne. Don't most people think he's a tw*t?!

Voting Remain undoubtedly strengthens Osborne.

If the opposition is Corbyn the tw*t wins every time.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It seems the scaremongering worked.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Be afraid, be very afraid :ohmy:

Fixed terms parliament so unlikely. There is a convoluted process to trigger one but it wouldn't be easy.

Voting Remain undoubtedly strengthens Osborne.

If the opposition is Corbyn the tw*t wins every time.

I fancy if Hilary Clinton wins big in the USA then the 'zeitgeist' could shift towards a female UK Tory candidate - May is in the frame for that. I fancy she'd get along with Merkel too, so that would help us if we remain in the EU. It's been 26 years since Thatcher stepped down, the timing looks good for her, and by taking a moderate stance on the EU question she could be the one to reunite the Tory Party more effectively than the overtly pro-EU Osborne.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I fancy if Hilary Clinton wins big in the USA then the 'zeitgeist' could shift towards a female UK Tory candidate - May is in the frame for that. I fancy she'd get along with Merkel too, so that would help us if we remain in the EU. It's been 26 years since Thatcher stepped down, the timing looks good for her, and by taking a moderate stance on the EU question she could be the one to reunite the Tory Party more effectively than the overtly pro-EU Osborne.

Agree with you that (the Eurosceptic ...ish) May is the most likely to help unify the Conservatives and has a strong chance as she has kept a low profile during the referendum campaign.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
As a net importer of goods from the EU it really is in their best interests to trade with Britain.

:)

We need to trade with them, more than they need to trade with us - they can call the shots. I'd rather stay in and at least have a say in what goes on, even if it's not perfect. I've always been proud that we punch above our weight in the world, out of the EU we'd command as much attention as an empty rock off the Shetland Islands.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I was a 'leave' but am now 'remain'. I don't jump off cliffs in the pitch black of night and hope the fall will be okay because someone told me it would and I'm not risking it with this vote either.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We need to trade with them, more than they need to trade with us - they can call the shots. I'd rather stay in and at least have a say in what goes on, even if it's not perfect. I've always been proud that we punch above our weight in the world, out of the EU we'd command as much attention as an empty rock off the Shetland Islands.
We are the third biggest importer of German cars, we're an important market for them they won't want to lose us as trading partners. We're a resilient nation, we can and will cope without the EU. Throw off the shackles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here