TWO MORE SITES added to the list of alternatives to Falmer

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's not the fact that other sites have come up at this stage that annoys me. It's the expense. And the impact that a further delay will have on the Club's finances and prospects.

We will get Falmer eventually. It's just that "eventually" will now be later and more expensive. Perseus, through his one man campaign, has played a significant role in achieving this delay.

If Arthur thinks I am a puppet, he's got me (and the Club) wrong. I am a supporter of the Club. What's wrong with that?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I think the end of the season will be the start of things getting worse before they start to get any better!!

:nono:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Lord Bracknell said:
It's not the fact that other sites have come up at this stage that annoys me. It's the expense. And the impact that a further delay will have on the Club's finances and prospects.

We will get Falmer eventually. It's just that "eventually" will now be later and more expensive. Perseus, through his one man campaign, has played a significant role in achieving this delay.

If Arthur thinks I am a puppet, he's got me (and the Club) wrong. I am a supporter of the Club. What's wrong with that?

Quite right.

Falmer Parish council, and I guess their responsible have no interest in finding the correct site, they just want us to find ANY site that isn't that shitty, dead, deserted, muddy, brownfield pile of crap next to the red brick uni and duel carriage-way. It's a f***ing disgrace.

Whomever is responsible should be ashamed.

Last edited:

jonogulls

Aug 2, 2004
Lord Bracknell said:

As I've already asked. Wouldn't Falmer have suggested another site even if it wasn't Pende. This was inevitable. What were you expecting? That they weren't going to suggest any alternative sites?

At least now we know what we're up against.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I've just waded through all of this thread and there's no mention of Percy's Pende being on a flood plain-I'm sure that I read that somewhere. Even if it isn't, there are the costs of acquisition to consider which would be significant.

My personal thoughts are that the NIMBYs have reached a desperate stage in their campaign, especially as they know that the new inquiry won't be influenced by their 2 friendly inspestors. If this is the best FPC and their team can come up with then they're bolloxed. It'll add a bit of time (maybe) to the inquiry and will clearly cost the club money it can't afford so we all need to chuck in a few more quid to keep our dream alive.

We will get our new stadium but we now need to do all we can finacially to keep the club going. f***ing good timing what with Christmas around the corner but what the hell...more than ever the club needs our financial support. There'll be loads more Christmases but none of them will be worth a shit if there's no Albion game on Boxing Day.

To Perseus: You are one self-promoting maggot. Take your screwball ideas and f*** off. Although you haven't the capabilities to have inflicted these additional costs on the club by yourself your constant promotion of a wanker's dream has given the enemy what they've always wanted: more time and additional lawyer's expenses incurred by the Albion which weakens the club even more. Please dis-associate yourself from anything Albion-you are not welcome at this football club.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I just want to ask Perseus why?

If as he states he is a BHA fan, then like the rest of us here, we wait for the result of the (hopefully) final public enquiry and crack on with building.

RATHER Than say "I just thought of another place!!" Christ almighty!!!

:censored:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To Perseus: You are one self-promoting maggot. Take your screwball ideas and f*** off. Although you haven't the capabilities to have inflicted these additional costs on the club by yourself your constant promotion of a wanker's dream has given the enemy what they've always wanted: more time and additional lawyer's expenses incurred by the Albion which weakens the club even more. Please dis-associate yourself from anything Albion-you are not welcome at this football club.

EGGS...EFFING...zactly

If I never hear his name again i will go to myu grave happy....though somehow I have a horrible feeling this will come home to haunt us.

it would be interesting to hear what the club have to say about this

Last edited:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Lord B. You told us at the Seagulls over London meeting that the Brighton and Hove conurbation stretches as far as Littlehampton. Does this apply in the Falmer application, or is it just the Brighton and Hove Council area that applies with Falmer? You did say that one of the main dangers was Falmer Parish Council coming up with alternative sites, so I suppose we shouldn't be that surprised. A question with Shoreham Airport, though. Apart from floodlights, football would presumably disrupt the airport's normal operation. Saturday must be an extra busy afternoon for leisure flights. Also, there is a narrow road across the airport which provides a useful link between the A259 and the A27. That would presumably have to be shut on matchdays or it would be too congested or dangerous, especially with the low railway bridge over it. Having said all that, add me to the people who are extremely angry.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
jonogulls said:
As I've already asked. Wouldn't Falmer have suggested another site even if it wasn't Pende. This was inevitable. What were you expecting? That they weren't going to suggest any alternative sites?

At least now we know what we're up against.

You have said yourself Lord B that perseus doesn't have much of a clue about planning issues. That he likes to think of himself as a bit of an expert but that he actually knows less than bugger all. Therefore, isn't the above opinion valid?

It seems to me that FPC were desperate for an alternative site outside the Prescott list. Beeding was always going to make an appearance, it gets suggested for just about every major project in the area. I reckon that some Falmer folks have come across perseus's site and thought to themselves "wow!" As far as they're concerned everything is set up for them. They'll just cut & paste his site and present it.

But he's an amateur. A very enthusiastic one at that. As a result any competent professional could take apart his plans quite easily. It's very annoying that an Albion fan has helped the opposition in their efforts but won't they end up regretting relying on the words of an amateur?

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Oh and a big :clap: to Crabbers for finding all that stuff about the sites!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I get the feeling The Nimbys are losing (BIG) and resorting to despearate measures and cannot fooking wait to go to that AONB of a village and celebrate, sit next to duck pond pissed with a can a special brew!!!

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Thansk Shelton :thumbsup:

Just a thought, what with the Brighton Station & Corals sites being immediatley unavailable and knwoing this, surely FPC have just used these two "new" ones to replace them. The way I see it is "If" those sites were avaiable they would conecntrate solely on them and would've rebutted the two new sites altogether?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Bwian said:
I've just waded through all of this thread and there's no mention of Percy's Pende being on a flood plain-I'm sure that I read that somewhere. Even if it isn't, there are the costs of acquisition to consider which would be significant.

My personal thoughts are that the NIMBYs have reached a desperate stage in their campaign, especially as they know that the new inquiry won't be influenced by their 2 friendly inspestors. If this is the best FPC and their team can come up with then they're bolloxed. It'll add a bit of time (maybe) to the inquiry and will clearly cost the club money it can't afford so we all need to chuck in a few more quid to keep our dream alive.

We will get our new stadium but we now need to do all we can finacially to keep the club going. f***ing good timing what with Christmas around the corner but what the hell...more than ever the club needs our financial support. There'll be loads more Christmases but none of them will be worth a shit if there's no Albion game on Boxing Day.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

What annoys me is that, thanks to perseus and his long-standing campaign for his fantasy development at "Pende", there are people on NSC and on the Argus forum as well, who have been deluded into believing that there might be a case to be made for Shoreham Airport site.

Despite all his efforts to portray himself as some sort of planning "expert", Perseus really does not understand the planning process or the issues that affect decisions like this one. However, by constantly raising the issue, he has bigged-up his pet site to the point that Falmer Parish Council are now seriously putting it forward.

Falmer PC are NOT interested in whether the Albion get a site anywhere. They would be happy to see the Club die. If it was just a question of poring over a map of the area in search of an empty space, they would have done that at the first Public Inquiry. They didn't. They accepted then that the Airport site wasn't suitable.

I believe that it is ONLY because the campaign by perseus has given some credibility to Shoreham Airport that Falmer Parish Council have now had their own second thoughts about it.

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
Lord Bracknell said:
What annoys me is that, thanks to perseus and his long-standing campaign for his fantasy development at "Pende", there are people on NSC and on the Argus forum as well, who have been deluded into believing that there might be a case to be made for Shoreham Airport site.

Despite all his efforts to portray himself as some sort of planning "expert", Perseus really does not understand the planning process or the issues that affect decisions like this one. However, by constantly raising the issue, he has bigged-up his pet site to the point that Falmer Parish Council are now seriously putting it forward.

Falmer PC are NOT interested in whether the Albion get a site anywhere. They would be happy to see the Club die. If it was just a question of poring over a map of the area in search of an empty space, they would have done that at the first Public Inquiry. They didn't. They accepted then that the Airport site wasn't suitable.

I believe that it is ONLY because the campaign by perseus has given some credibility to Shoreham Airport that Falmer Parish Council have now had their own second thoughts about it.

Lord B has spoken so it must be right!!!

Ive never claimed to be a fan of the man, but as I said before he has a right to his own views.

some of you on here are kids or acting like one, by just calling him a wanker and threatinging him!!

for f*** sake grow up!!!!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Shoreham airport has got to be out of the question. a few years ago someone left their landing light on in his house and some git landed on it. with floodlights on, running down either side of the pitch god help us.:lolol:

Last edited:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Lord Bracknell said:
Perseus, through his one man campaign, has played a significant role in achieving this delay.

Rubbish, how could one guy posting his opinions on a football messageboard have prompted this?

Both Shoreham Airport and the cement works have been batted about for years, in fact long before we'd even left the Goldstone.

So am I and absolutely nothing. The difference is I'm not gullible to believe half the crap the club spoon feed the likes of you.

I firmly believe in time we will get a ground somewhere. Where that somewhere is and when that will happen nobody knows.

Arthur ...

If perseus confined himself to posting his opinions on a football message board, there wouldn't be a problem. It's the stuff that he has invented that he passes off as fact when he circulates it elsewhere that does the damage.

The Club spoon feeds me nothing. I spent far too long working at a senior level in a local authority planning department to fall uncritically for the stories that developers invent to support their planning applications. The truth about the Falmer application is that it is sound, and it meets the criteria for major development in an AONB. None of the other sites comes close enough to knock it off the top of the pile.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
MYOB said:
Can you imagine the cleanup costs at a cement works?

Not to mention the fact that the old railway line that goes up there from shoreham has a fatal flaw................... it has a fookin big gap where it used to cross a road in shoreham, but no longer does, because the bridge was removed some time after the works closed down....... that would cause a stir if it had to be rebuilt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports