Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two HIGHLY recommended Documentaries

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Good man! I've just finished The Toynbee Tiles and really liked it - I hadn't heard of the them before so the premise was new to me. I didn't realise it was also unfolding as they were filming it all; I was drawn in, intrigued, impressed with their empathy and and sensitivity - very good recommendation.

Judging by the quality of other suggestions here, I suspect my bandwidth will be taking a beating for the next couple of days...

Watched a Letter to Zachary last night, pretty heart wrenching stuff. Great documentary, thanks for the suggestion.

Would love to know what you think of The Revolution Will Not Be Televised if you get a chance to watch it.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

This one stuck with me for ages. The ending is so messed up. Well worth a watch if you're the overly curious type.

Cheers for that, downloaded and gonna watch it later. The trailer looks pretty intriguing...

Thanks for the recommendation! :D

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Watched a Letter to Zachary last night, pretty heart wrenching stuff. Great documentary, thanks for the suggestion.

Would love to know what you think of The Revolution Will Not Be Televised if you get a chance to watch it.

Will let you know. Check out the documentary site listed here - it's got hundreds to stream Youtube-style; Man on Wire, The Revolution..., Zachary etc etc etc

Documentary List Top Documentary Films

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
[yt]AD3EXUEVnwk[/yt]

this will make you laugh and cry. brilliant

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
i've watched you're zachary and very good it was but i'll bet you've never seen a more intriguing first 90 seconds of a doc than jonny kennedy

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Gasland is a truely frightening Documentary.

All about the extraction of shale gas in the USA.

Only frightening cause it's coming a town near you in the UK soon.

Well worth a watch.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Looks good but I can only find a trailer at present

Gasland Documentary

Remember last year they had some of these problems up in the lake district last year.

Yeah the shale Gas extraction is set to go ahead in the Lake District unless we can get a big enough movement going behind it to stop it.

They have banned hydraulic fracturing, or Fracking (the method to extract the gas) all over Europe but our reliance on gas in this country has stopped the government from doing so over here.

Watch the documentary, then get on board the "Frack off" campaign.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Can i also add this BBC Documentary on Kit William's the creator of the children's book Masquerade.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK

I haven't made time for it just yet but I will, promise!

The one that drew me this evening was 'Being Elmo - A Puppeteer's Journey'. Not the most in-depth of docs but really sweet.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I'm a big fan of Fire in Babylon and One Day in September. The latter is (sadly), very topical.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here