Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Two England supporters in a bad way in Marseille according to French press

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Dont know if this works but apparently the Russians have broken the security lines in the ground

other than about 4 rows of tarpulin, there doesnt appear to be any security lines. given the flare from that end, the French authorities need to have a word with themselves as they've not controlled or contained trouble. there are zero Gendarmes in the pictures of that end f game ruck, like they've just left it to them.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
No not at all. But the Russians definitely are and getting ****ing away with it.:facepalm:

If you're under 21 and still in your first flush of testosterone, then I can understand where you're coming from because at that age it's all important what the 'lads' are up to.

If you're not, then maybe you should try and grow up a little and act your age ???

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
other than about 4 rows of tarpulin, there doesnt appear to be any security lines. given the flare from that end, the French authorities need to have a word with themselves as they've not controlled or contained trouble. there are zero Gendarmes in the pictures of that end f game ruck, like they've just left it to them.

Seems like that's what they've been doing full stop. Especially when the English are on the receiving end.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
If you're under 21 and still in your first flush of testosterone, then I can understand where you're coming from.

If you're not, then maybe you should try and grow up a little and act your age ???

What are you going on about. Perhaps if your son was out there you'd be worried. I'm not condoning it you idiot. There are a lot of innocent fans being hurt. I'm merely pointing that out.Ok?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There are two blokes very badly off in hospital

but you both believe

it would somehow be different if our Lads were there

and i'm the idiot and the patronising cvnt ?

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
At least our moronic English 'fans' will be getting free hospital treatment thanks to our reciprocal EU arrangements with the French health service. After Brexit, they'd probably have to pay for it, which is probably fair enough really ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
At least our moronic English 'fans' will be getting free hospital treatment thanks to our reciprocal EU arrangements with the French health service. After Brexit, they'd probably have to pay for it, which is probably fair enough really ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hang on are you suggesting that all fans injured tonight yesterday or whenever deserve it ?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
There are two blokes very badly off in hospital

but you both believe

it would somehow be different if our Lads were there

and i'm the idiot and the patronising cvnt ?

My son is there mate. I do not believe it would be better if our lads were there at all.Not in the slightest. A lot of ordinary fans are getting hurt. You read it how you want. For what it's worth my son has just got back to his hotel and is ok.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
If you believe SN they are saying Russians wearing England shirts have been organising a lot of the trouble. I must have finally got old as I have found the whole thing extremely sad and embarrassing.
Have a feeling most of Europe want us to vote leave.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
hang on are you suggesting that all fans injured tonight yesterday or whenever deserve it ?

Not at all, it's nothing to do with desert - nobody 'deserves' to get their heads kicked in, in my view, however moronic, drunk, nationalistic or provocative they might be. However, from what I've seen on television, and heard indirectly from a relative who is there today, you'd have to be pretty stupid to get yourself in such a position in Marseille today - those fans who weren't so stupid steered well clear of the obvious areas and the obvious groups of p***sed Engerland fans who were sitting targets (well, those who weren't themselves targeting others...). My point was that, thanks to the good French health services, and the good access we UK citizens currently have to such services thanks to the EU, they will benefit from free provision of very high quality health care to deal with their injuries. This is kind of ironic, given that one of the high profile chants audible from some of the groups involved in the violence was "F**k off Europe, we're voting out". That's my point

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
My son is there mate. I do not believe it would be better if our lads were there at all.Not in the slightest. A lot of ordinary fans are getting hurt. You read it how you want. For what it's worth my son has just got back to his hotel and is ok.

I read it as you saying that this has happened because our 'lads' had been banned from travelling. I can see this isn't what you meant, and apologise. Glad to hear your boy is ok and hope he enjoyed the match (if a little frustrating)

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I read it as you saying that this has happened because our 'lads' had been banned from travelling. I can see this isn't what you meant, and apologise. Glad to hear your boy is ok and hope he enjoyed the match (if a little frustrating)

Ok thanks. I was very worried.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here