Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Two England supporters in a bad way in Marseille according to French press

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Not sure how you expect the Police to spot a group of 500 people all dressed in black tshirts with some wearing helmets....
The local PM Ultras and police have an agreement which keeps the peace over the rest of the year.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Let's see what happens when Wales play Russia. I predict singing and merry making.
That is because the Russians or anyone else wouldn't bother with the welsh. England has its fair share of idiots but the past reputation of English hooligans is what motivates these kind of attacks.

Sent from the boot of Lingard

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
That is because the Russians or anyone else wouldn't bother with the welsh. England has its fair share of idiots but the past reputation of English hooligans is what motivates these kind of attacks.

Sent from the boot of Lingard

The Russians were bothered enough when Wales were in Moscow in 03.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
We only sing when we're winning. Ooh it's not fair they are harder than us. We never do that.

How very DARE Russian firms spend 'months training for this'. They should have been MADE to spend the last nine months cramming their faces with lard and Carlsberg like our homegrown northern white trash.

Showing your true colours there chaps. :nono:

Come on, admit that you're a little bit pleased that some violent psychopaths have put people in hospital.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
The French police are letting it happen. One fan being battered and no police around.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Showing your true colours there chaps. :nono:

Come on, admit that you're a little bit pleased that some violent psychopaths have put people in hospital.

I abhor football hooligans regardless of their nationality. Any innocent people harmed by their actions have my full sympathy.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I know loads of lads that are out there, more than scarfers.

What exactly is the problem with "scarfers". There are tens of thousands of people up and down the country that go to games to enjoy the game, have a few beers and generally not act like a ****. The idea of these "lads" being somehow a better representation of England fans is both misguided and only enhances our reputation as a shithouse of a nation

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Why would anyone choose a city which is already a hotbed of tension for a fixture like this?

they didnt. they selected Marseille to host games, probably quite resonably as one of the largest cities and football clubs. they assigned it a group then picked countries out of a hat to that group.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here