Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Twitter Rumour

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Twitter account with 16 followers creates fabricated and altogether unrealistic rumour regarding one of our players. (https://twitter.com/TransferSource5)

Results in 6 page discussion on NSC.

Standard.

:rave:

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I maybe wrong, but I do remember an article about the club investigating the injury crisis and found that the training ground at the university was causing a fair amount of problems as this was a soft ground in poor condition that the muscles would get use to then, then playing on a pitch specifically designed for football that's slightly more firm would in no doubt cause issues with the hamstring.

I say keep him, get him on the new training ground and see how he is in January, no difference; ship him out. He's playing well again; no brainer, DO NOT SELL.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
3 million no chance, Poyet will be all over it if hes available at that money.
5 million and were talking

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I maybe wrong, but I do remember an article about the club investigating the injury crisis and found that the training ground at the university was causing a fair amount of problems as this was a soft ground in poor condition that the muscles would get use to then, then playing on a pitch specifically designed for football that's slightly more firm would in no doubt cause issues with the hamstring.

I say keep him, get him on the new training ground and see how he is in January, no difference; ship him out. He's playing well again; no brainer, DO NOT SELL.

Surely this goes to the root of the problem. If he can stay fit everyone will be happy. Another three months of niggly injuries and he may be unsellable and the opportunity to bring in more robust players is lost. I don't think anyone knows which way this one will go, but I do hope the training ground does make a difference.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
He'll really benefit from the new training ground and be a great player for us next year if we keep him.

If we sell, big fee please.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
hes on a long deal, there is no way we are selling him unless its for a lot of money.

With the new training facility, maybe these problmes will clear up with fitness. I would certainly be keeping him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
**** that, Sami likes wingers, he's a quality winger, the medical staff need to pull their fingers out and manage him properly - selling your better players to rivals is a big no for me, like Ulloa we need these players to stay, it's sends out a great message to potential new players that the Amex is a good place to be next season.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Rip their arm off for that, seen the best of him here already as someone else on here already said.
Bye bye Will thanks for the memories.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
sorry if previously mentioned but i thought it was suggested after he didn't go in january after several bids for him, that some clause had been added to his contract( if thats possible - i have my doubts) that anything more than 2.5m and the club had to give him the chance to go - altho i think that was to a premiership club maybe.

or am i talking bollox?

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Buckley is a quality player and we don't have a lot of those do we? And yet so many on here are keen to offload him. We lose Buckley, who do we replace him with of the same quality for the £3m? It's a simple question for those who want to sell him. I'm struggling to come up with anyone, who we could actually get, not some ridiculous wish for a PL player to have his value and his wage demands halved just because the Albion come calling...

The lad from Orient, Odubajo maybe, but it's a flyer at best. For all his injury problems Buckley is class at this level, better than Lua Lua, better than March at least for now, sell by all means but if we are serious about promotion we need to improve the squad not weaken it...

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Weird how Buckley is slagged off for being injured (and played more than 10+ first team players, yet others are weirdly allowed to be injured in an attempt to prove your point. On his day, Buckley is like LuaLua, one of the few players we have in the squad who can skin a man and create a chance. He is injury prone, yes - and every player has his price, sure - but 12 months ago (with a relatively injury free season) he was one of the first names on the team sheet. How unbelievably short-sighted some people are being. The rumour is unsubstantiated but if true, the fact another club thinks 3m is a bargain says a lot. £5m or no deal IMO.

As I said at the start of thread I am a big fan of Buckley but I cannot see him suddenly getting the injury fixed for good and being fit for a whole season. If we are talking about 3m-5m or a player who can only play 7 full games a season surely the choice is easy.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Buckley is a quality player and we don't have a lot of those do we? And yet so many on here are keen to offload him. We lose Buckley, who do we replace him with of the same quality for the £3m? It's a simple question for those who want to sell him. I'm struggling to come up with anyone, who we could actually get, not some ridiculous wish for a PL player to have his value and his wage demands halved just because the Albion come calling...

The lad from Orient, Odubajo maybe, but it's a flyer at best. For all his injury problems Buckley is class at this level, better than Lua Lua, better than March at least for now, sell by all means but if we are serious about promotion we need to improve the squad not weaken it...

This. With bells on.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
That's because he had a s***house season.

But a great man once said 'a fit and in form Buckley should never be sold'.

He's too good to cast off for quick cash.
I'd say he's the only player we can't afford to 'give away', not until such time as Solly learns to kick to ball with his other foot.

That thought crossed my mind when he hobbled off at the end of the season but started the very next game, a couple of days later.

Hardly surprising with the injures he's had.
It's only natural that something others might play through stops Will in his tracks.

why is it that people are always happy to let players go so easily from this club. We see the same on the Ulloa thread. Surely to build a promotion chasing squad we need to keep our better players, of which Buckley is one, rather than selling just because the offer sounds okay. We need 7/8 players as it stands without adding more to that list.

The problem both of you have is that you are living in cloud cuckoo land and aren't listening to anything anyone else posts. I not sure but believe no one has said that Buckley is useless. In fact everyone probably agrees that a fit and in form Buckley is a shoe in for the first team. Where you are living in dream land is that you believe that after three years of being plagued by injuries, that is going to change. Cut our losses and get someone in who will score more than 3 a season and get more than 4 assists. In 2010/11, Bennett had 17 assists, Craig Noone had 13 (albeit some for Plymouth).

According to the FL website, in 2011/12, Buckley had one assist! 2012/13 he had his best season, 8 assists and last year in the championship he had only 2. So, in three years he has had 11 assists and scored 19 goals over the same period. Hardly the stats of someone who is a game changer.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The problem both of you have is that you are living in cloud cuckoo land and aren't listening to anything anyone else posts. I not sure but believe no one has said that Buckley is useless. In fact everyone probably agrees that a fit and in form Buckley is a shoe in for the first team. Where you are living in dream land is that you believe that after three years of being plagued by injuries, that is going to change. Cut our losses and get someone in who will score more than 3 a season and get more than 4 assists. In 2010/11, Bennett had 17 assists, Craig Noone had 13 (albeit some for Plymouth).

According to the FL website, in 2011/12, Buckley had one assist! 2012/13 he had his best season, 8 assists and last year in the championship he had only 2. So, in three years he has had 11 assists and scored 19 goals over the same period. Hardly the stats of someone who is a game changer.

Hmmmm.......just who is 'not listening' to what others say? Talking over someone is part & parcel of internet 'conversations'. In fairness both have points but I think I would bet my shirt that if Buckley went to Blackburn he and Rhodes would devestate the division. Much more likely to go to Sunderland (I hope) if he goes but I would strobgly favour keeping him. Like CMS he would benefit from a more direct counter attacking style.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

I prefer to listen to the medical opinion that has said that the new training ground will help with injuries (not just Buckley). Three years and 19 goals for a winger, I would that deserves a bit of time to see if it is was the ground at the Uni or whether it is something that he will never get over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here