Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Twitter Rumour

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
One of our very best players. Clearly didn't work well with Garcia'a style, looking forward to a resurgence under Sami. Sell at our peril.

This. Very much a Poyet player who clearly didn't get on with Oscar and may have been one of the ones who suffered most due to the difference between the training pitch surface and The Amex. May still get hamstring problems, may still not suit Hyypia's formation but I think he'll want to at least have a look before we sell.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
He's our match winner.
He can change games.
He's a goal scorer.
If he were to be fit, he'd be worth £10+m.
We'd all be surprised if Will played 30 full games.
But if he did, he'd score 20 goals, set up another 20, gain promotion, and be sold for £15m

Wow! Can I come and live in your world please?

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
He had a poor season as regards injuries and is regarded as a sick note but potentially one of the very few remaining match winners we have left at the club so no I wouldn't sell. Wouldn't it be nice to see some internet rumours about potential inbound transfer rather than just those leaving, Ulloa, Buckley, Kemy, Walton etc.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
weird how buckley is slagged off for being injured (and played more than 10+ first team players, yet others are weirdly allowed to be injured in an attempt to prove your point. On his day, buckley is like lualua, one of the few players we have in the squad who can skin a man and create a chance. He is injury prone, yes - and every player has his price, sure - but 12 months ago (with a relatively injury free season) he was one of the first names on the team sheet. How unbelievably short-sighted some people are being. The rumour is unsubstantiated but if true, the fact another club thinks 3m is a bargain says a lot. £5m or no deal imo.

i don't get this desire to off load our best player for peanuts.

He's our match winner.
He can change games.
He's a goal scorer.

It's as if we want to give one of our rivals a load of points, with a massive pay day at the end.
We'd all be surprised if will played 30 full games.
But if he did, he'd score 20 goals, set up another 20, gain promotion, and be sold for £15m, and nobody would be surprised.

I doubt the medical staff are calling him a dud, why write him off for a comparative pittance, when the gamble in keeping him could be so lucrative.

if sami likes to play fast counter attacking football with quick wingers, as mentioned in some reports, can't see him allowing the sale of potentially one of our best players for this system just yet. Buckley could fit in a lot better to the way sami's team plays ...... Could see the best of him next season, i'd not let him go anywhere just yet.

these.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wow! Can I come and live in your world please?
Clearly taking pleasure from watching Will dismantle every left sided player he played (fit) against.
While scoring goals of the quality against Bolton, and assists v Hull, is better than the miserable existence you inhabit.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I don't get this desire to off load our best player for peanuts.

He's our match winner.
He can change games.
He's a goal scorer.

It's as if we want to give one of our rivals a load of points, with a massive pay day at the end.
But if he did, he'd score 20 goals, set up another 20, gain promotion, and be sold for £15m, and nobody would be surprised.

I doubt the medical staff are calling him a dud, why write him off for a comparative pittance, when the gamble in keeping him could be so lucrative.

I'm not sure whether that post is tongue in cheek or not, but assuming not, exactly how many of the 34 games did he win for us? In the 34 games he was on pitch I believe he scored 3 goals and had 4 assists. Not particularly outstanding for a player in a position where creating goals is his job. Stephen Ward did better.

I do agree a fit and in form Buckley should never be sold but he is all to rarely both at the same time. I am really struggling to remember when he played this season and really changed the game in our favour.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not sure whether that post is tongue in cheek or not, but assuming not, exactly how many of the 34 games did he win for us? In the 34 games he was on pitch I believe he scored 3 goals and had 4 assists. Not particularly outstanding for a player in a position where creating goals is his job. Stephen Ward did better.

I do agree a fit and in form Buckley should never be sold but he is all to rarely both at the same time. I am really struggling to remember when he played this season and really changed the game in our favour.
That's because he had a s***house season.

But a great man once said 'a fit and in form Buckley should never be sold'.

He's too good to cast off for quick cash.
I'd say he's the only player we can't afford to 'give away', not until such time as Solly learns to kick to ball with his other foot.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I don't get this desire to off load our best player for peanuts.

He's our match winner.
He can change games.
He's a goal scorer.

That's the funniest thing I've read on here for a while. It's so over the top I assume it's a windup. He's a 'decent' player when fit, that's all, would be happy to keep but offered the right money we should take it and .i would guess that's 2 to 3 mil tops.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Was told, by someone who'd know, that he might need a psychiatrist more that a physiotherapist. Possible touch of Vicente syndrome.
That thought crossed my mind when he hobbled off at the end of the season but started the very next game, a couple of days later.

Hardly surprising with the injures he's had.
It's only natural that something others might play through stops Will in his tracks.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
That's the funniest thing I've read on here for a while. It's so over the top I assume it's a windup. He's a 'decent' player when fit, that's all, would be happy to keep but offered the right money we should take it and .i would guess that's 2 to 3 mil tops.

why is it that people are always happy to let players go so easily from this club. We see the same on the Ulloa thread. Surely to build a promotion chasing squad we need to keep our better players, of which Buckley is one, rather than selling just because the offer sounds okay. We need 7/8 players as it stands without adding more to that list.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This a typical Buckley run of ten games:

Injured
Injured
Fit on the bench comes on for 20mins
Starts but does very little
Starts looks a bit better
Starts looks really good
Starts looks really good
Starts looks really good but gets injured
Injured
Injured

Is two good games out of ten worth keeping him for? I would have offloaded in January and bought Conway. I would definitely let go now of £3m is being offered.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So you would rather pin our promotion hopes on KLL, Solly, how about bringing other 'decent' wingers back, Conway, Spanish Dave, than a fully fit and firing Buckley.

In form and fit, Will towers over all of those, why give him away.
(All of this is based on the assumption the medical staff say he's menderable)

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Tampon....in for one week...out for three

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Think I remember reading somewhere it was due to Buckley growing at a faster rate than his hamstrings were, you also have to remember that his hamstrings are under more stress than a normal outfield player due to the sudden bursts of speed, another reason Lualua is always injured.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I don't understand the negativity. Decent player, constant threat and potential matchwinner. He has been linked with moves every transfer window but has always seemed happy to stay. A fit Buckley would be worth more than 3 million to us next season and to say you would swap him with old one foot Conway is unbelievable.
I wonder how many people having a go on this thread were happy to give Hoskins 2 years to recover from injury?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
2 questions for those driving Will around the country, for the drop of a hat:-

How much would you accept for Will now?
How much would you accept for Will after a 30+, 90 minute game season?

If the difference is more than £10m surely he has to stay.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I don't understand the negativity. Decent player, constant threat and potential matchwinner. He has been linked with moves every transfer window but has always seemed happy to stay. A fit Buckley would be worth more than 3 million to us next season and to say you would swap him with old one foot Conway is unbelievable.
I wonder how many people having a go on this thread were happy to give Hoskins 2 years to recover from injury?

The negativity is born out of frustration, nobody can doubt Buckley's ability as he has proven enough times that he is very talented. The frustration grows when he's injured for 4 weeks, makes a 30 minute cameo and looks like a world beater, starts the next game and limps off after 30 minutes. I'm sure everyone would be more than delighted if he could produce a 40+ games season with the majority being 90 mins.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
On his game he is Unplayable at championship level. Injuries have clearly messed him up but £3 million is no where near enough. new training ground and who knows maybe the problems go away ...

I'm surprised it took 3 pages for this to be mentioned. It was said last season by the club that we should see less injuries this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here