Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Twenty Questions - My New Neighbour

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Which one of these characters is proud to know you as their neighbour?

F1FF66AD-A27D-443D-BB76-7F61FB8BBFC0.png

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
OK so we have the answer..... but on a more pressing note, how busy is the traffic /roads down there ? ( see you're in Truro). Heading to St Ives on Saturday for a week and guessing thousands of others are doing the same:shootself

Getting very busy in the usual traffic hot-spots. The tourist industry will be pleased to see, maybe the locals won't! Probably not up to the usual summer numbers though. Enjoy it, you could walk to the Ding Dong Mine.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Bill Leivers was manager of Cambridge United in the sixties and early seventies, taking them to two Southern League Championships, election to the Football League and promotion to Division Three.

I lived in Cambridge, and experienced it all. He was an absolute legend.

Glad to hear the old fella is still going strong.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
William Leivers played and won in the 1956 FA Cup Final with Manchester City beating Birmingham City 3-1

Yer a bit late ther!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Bill Leivers was manager of Cambridge United in the sixties and early seventies, taking them to two Southern League Championships, election to the Football League and promotion to Division Three.

I lived in Cambridge, and experienced it all. He was an absolute legend.

Glad to hear the old fella is still going strong.

Yes, he must be a legend to a lot of football lovers. That was a spectacular success.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Can I complain that he wasn't wearing blue when he won the Cup? Maroon and white stripes apparently.

Yeah, but the question didn't specify in the cup final. You'd have to be super geeky to know what colours the winners have worn over the past 60-odd years.

It has raised another interesting question though: who is the oldest living FA Cup winner? I wonder if it's Bill or is there someone older

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yeah, but the question didn't specify in the cup final. You'd have to be super geeky to know what colours the winners have worn over the past 60-odd years.

It has raised another interesting question though: who is the oldest living FA Cup winner? I wonder if it's Bill or is there someone older

I've looked this up, There IS someone older (there are actually two people older) - it's Tommy Banks, who played for Bolton when they beat Man U in 1958

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've looked this up, There IS someone older (there are actually two people older) - it's Tommy Banks, who played for Bolton when they beat Man U in 1958

Is Tommy Banks two people? He's not......Banksy, is he? :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here