Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] TV box-sets you gave up on (or wish you hadn’t bothered with)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Billions.
Oh yeah, I did a few seasons, but then it became a farce where people who had made alliances suddenly dropped them because they needed allies to be foes and vice versa - it was pathetic.

I managed more seasons of the US copy of House of Cards than I should have. 1 season was good.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Right up it’s own arse American stuff. Everyone professes to watch it - but actually hardly anyone does.

Examples. Mad Men. Succession. The Affair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
The Walking Dead fits the bill in this category. I gave up after Season 9 which did include the spectacularly great episode when Alpha put the heads on the pikes.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Walking Dead fits the bill in this category. I gave up after Season 9 which did include the spectacularly great episode when Alpha put the heads on the pikes.

I nearly gave up on Season 2 at that farmhouse - jees what a borefest. Got past that and it did get better, but then it hit another downward slope so I was ready to jack it in.

Then Negan turned up and had the doris dripping like a busted fridge, so I was stuck with it again. But eventually we both got bored with it. I can't even remember what season we got up to in the end.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The Wire. I know it’s the greatest show of all time, but I’ve tried twice and can’t get past half way through S1 Ep2. I have no clue what the characters are saying.

Anyone got a Werther’s please? Also, I seem to have lost my glasses , keys, and wallet…

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
European Cumbath

Watched the first 28 episodes but it started to get a bit predictable and felt there was a lack of character development and nuance. Couldn’t make out the dialogue at times either. I just hope that when the final episode is broadcast it has a happy finish, and that the young lady, along with her three best friends and the llama, finally gets her washing machine working again.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I saw Lost through to the end but it was fairly obvious fairly early in there was going to be no satisfactory end to it. As it turned out the ending was even worse than I thought it would be.

Mad Men, I watched about 5 and realised it was going absolutely nowhere and jacked it in.

It feels like I’ve watched thousands of the new terrestrial TV mini series and they all seem to be exactly the same. Just finished Our House which tried to be a bit different but was essentially the same, wife of wrongun husband left to pick up the pieces after he does something stupid.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mad Men, totally lost interest very early on

Breaking Bad, I gave up mid way through series 2 I think. A scene with two junkies in a shithole of a house and a child fending for him/her self was the point I thought feck this depressing stuff as entertainment

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Every episode of the Blacklist was the same, but I generally didn't mind because it was just some easy fun. I managed 8 seasons, but (no spoilers) it's since changed.

I gave up The Walking Dead

Interesting to read people’s view on The Blacklist. I’ve just finished the first season and enjoyed, but I was thinking ‘how do they keep this going for 8 seasons?’.

I gave up on House of Cards very early, just didn’t like it.

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
The Wire. I know it’s the greatest show of all time, but I’ve tried twice and can’t get past half way through S1 Ep2. I have no clue what the characters are saying.

Anyone got a Werther’s please? Also, I seem to have lost my glasses , keys, and wallet…

Had the same problem but put on the subtitles and, hey presto, it started making some sense.

Have this problem with a lot of American series, partly down to their variety of accents and partly down to the directors’ predilection for pointing the camera anywhere but the face of the person talking……

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
We're on the verge of giving up on The Wire. We're about five episodes into season 1 so it's still early days, but it's very boring. We also gave up on Westworld after Season 2. Season 1 was great, Season 2 was utter rubbish.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
I gave up on Killing Eve after about 30 minutes! I also gave up on Breaking Bad during the first episode, but gave it another chance and ended up loving it and watching Better Call Saul as well.

Should I give Killing Eve another try?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I gave up on Killing Eve after about 30 minutes! I also gave up on Breaking Bad during the first episode, but gave it another chance and ended up loving it and watching Better Call Saul as well.

Should I give Killing Eve another try?

I just opened the thread to add Killing Eve. Loved the first series, gradually bored through the second until I realised I didn't give a shit what happened after the end of series cliffhanger. Never watched S3.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I just opened the thread to add Killing Eve. Loved the first series, gradually bored through the second until I realised I didn't give a shit what happened after the end of series cliffhanger. Never watched S3.

Yeah, first series was absolutely brilliant. Second series not nearly so good and it got a bit formulaic. Third series - WTF? We're watching the fourth series more out of a sense of duty than anything else as it is the last one, and really hoping that somebody does actually kill Eve.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Killing Eve - just ludicrous story lines.
Game of Thrones - just can’t get on with most fantasy stuff
Downton Abbey - gave up half way through the first episode. Have dipped in to it since but….. no. We are just prejudiced against anything the overly bumptious Julian Fellowes has anything to do with.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I nearly gave up on Season 2 at that farmhouse - jees what a borefest. Got past that and it did get better, but then it hit another downward slope so I was ready to jack it in.

Then Negan turned up and had the doris dripping like a busted fridge, so I was stuck with it again. But eventually we both got bored with it. I can't even remember what season we got up to in the end.

That is a pretty good summing up of The Walking Dead. It kept me watching until season 7 or something, then it suddenly jumped forward like 2 years and they'd formed communities and it was a giant WTF, although that ended pretty well with key character's heads on stakes with their mouths moving. There was a lot of dirge to get to that point though. I had a look recently at what was happening and cannot believe they're at season 9 or 10. That must be like watching Eastenders for some people, only with more engaging rounded characters.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Interesting to read people’s view on The Blacklist. I’ve just finished the first season and enjoyed, but I was thinking ‘how do they keep this going for 8 seasons?’.

I gave up on House of Cards very early, just didn’t like it.

Megan Boone only gets you so far

actor-megan-boone-85449_large.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here