Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Turkey no longer the fun holiday destination it used to be.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I bet you couldn't, they don't have llama's in Africa.

Explains why Mohammed was a bit cagey about its documents. Hence me trying to be very clandestine when we got off the plane.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Explains why Mohammed was a bit cagey about its documents. Hence me trying to be very clandestine when we got off the plane.

wpid-article-1334157180275-128d0481000005dc-69521_636x347.jpg

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
The majorIty of Indonesian citizens are Moslem. That does not make it a Moslem country any more than any other country with a particular majority. To repeat: Indonesia is not a Moslem country. It's secular.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The majorIty of Indonesian citizens are Moslem. That does not make it a Moslem country any more than any other country with a particular majority. To repeat: Indonesia is not a Moslem country. It's secular.

In that case there aren't many Christian countries in the world.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Turkey is a secular.country and a muslim country. So is Indonesia

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

I take your point but in common parlance a Muslim country refers to a a country that is majority Muslim and I'm fairly sure that's what the poster meant when he posed his question. Perhaps he should have been more clear but I think everyone understood.

Saying that, I do find it a little annoying when people refer to the UK as a Christian country though maybe I shouldn't as unlike some of the 'Muslim' countries mentioned we have unelected members of the clergy in our parliament.

Jan 30, 2008
You can get nice views anywhere. Like places that don't treat women like shit. Sorry, I'm glad you like it but it has a terrible reputation that didn't disappoint when I went there. Awful place.
women wearing space suits on the beach ,in this day and age ,some religions are still living in the dark ages
regards
DR

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Both are secular countries and neither Moslem countries. Many would like them to be moslem countries but they are not.

TBF to Robinjakarta he came back from certain ridicule and some inevitable claims of ignorance and basically cleaned up ......

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
I take your point but in common parlance a Muslim country refers to a a country that is majority Muslim and I'm fairly sure that's what the poster meant when he posed his question. Perhaps he should have been more clear but I think everyone understood.

Saying that, I do find it a little annoying when people refer to the UK as a Christian country though maybe I shouldn't as unlike some of the 'Muslim' countries mentioned we have unelected members of the clergy in our parliament.

This. I have the same annoyance when people in Indonesia, where I live, refer to Indonesia as a Moslem country, and that annoyance must be nothing to how the sizeable Chinese and other Indonesian minorities feel when they hear this. Those here in Indonesia really should know better, but with news that comes out of Indonesia, it's easy to see that how from the outside it can be perceived as a Moslem country. The terms Moslem country and Moslem majority country are not IMHO helpful as they are nearly the same but the meaning isn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here