Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Turkey no longer the fun holiday destination it used to be.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Turkey is the place to go if you want your 15 year old daughter to be constantly pestered for sex by moustachioed waiters.

Or come back here have 2 kids with my sister go home on holiday and not come back after spunking 80 grand and leave her high and dry

D

Deleted member 22389

I plain don't believe you have never experienced this in Turkey. Just don't believe it.
It's Muslim's Inherant attitude to women I don't like and the lack of recourse if something does happen. At least in the UK a woman could talk back without getting imprisoned or beaten. I think your nonchalant reference to rape not being classed as such if it is committed in a marriage says it all really.

Same here, this attitude towards women should not be promoted or encouraged in the UK either, trouble is when you have active MPs in some political parties talking in halls where the men and women are segregated, at the same time as running a campaign on women's rights, I'm afraid we are on to a loser.

You see women's rights only applies to me and you, but when it comes to certain religions it is the same old story.

Last edited by a moderator:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Same here, this attitude towards women should not be promoted or encouraged in the UK either, trouble is when you have active MPs in some political parties talking in halls where the men and women are segregated, at the same time as running a campaign on women's rights, I'm afraid we are on to a loser.

This with extra bells on
Its shocking some MP`s endorse this by their attendance.

D

Deleted member 22389

This with extra bells on
Its shocking some MP`s endorse this by their attendance.

What they are slowly trying to do is condition us all in to thinking it is acceptable, and on top of this trying to make it some sort of offence if you don't agree with it, so basically taking away our free speech.

In return all that does is give the religion wider scope to do what it wants. If people think it is acceptable for women to be walking around covered from head to toe they haven't read the script properly.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Exactly. Turkey is the worst place for this. The only other place I've spent time in that treats women as bad is Dubai. It's a shame because historically Turkey is fascinating and I go there for work from time to time but living or visiting there with a female I care about? Nope.

I'll take your Turkey and raise you Tunisia. Awful place for the same reason. The ex-Mrs W was hounded and assaulted when we went into the town and the market place. Admittedly I was offered a number of camels for her which in hindsight I wish I had taken !

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I'll take your Turkey and raise you Tunisia. Awful place for the same reason. The ex-Mrs W was hounded and assaulted when we went into the town and the market place. Admittedly I was offered a number of camels for her which in hindsight I wish I had taken !

Camels are quite tricky to get back into the country, due to increased security at airports they are always on the lookout for this sort of thing, no longer can you just walk through the nothing to declare channel totally unnoticed with a number of camels, those days have gone I am afraid.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So many nice countries in this world, not sure why people bother with these complete middle eastern backwaters.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
He's fired the judges, now he's firing the Police. So even less safe of a place to be.

As many as 7,850 police officers believed to be members of the Gulenist terror organization (FETO) have been sacked in Turkey following the failed coup attempt Friday night, APA reports citing the Turkish newspaper Hurriyet.
The police officers’ weapons and personal documents were confiscated, said the paper.
The list of those to be fired was submitted to all provinces in Ankara.

http://news.az/articles/turkey/110408

This has the smell of a Reichstag Fire about it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Camels are quite tricky to get back into the country, due to increased security at airports they are always on the lookout for this sort of thing, no longer can you just walk through the nothing to declare channel totally unnoticed with a number of camels, those days have gone I am afraid.

Utter tosh.

I flew in from Africa a while ago and changed planes at Frankfurt. Arriving in Heathrow around six in the morning I was easily able to bring a bactrian camel, as well as llama, through customs unnoticed. They love it here.

3182380074090592282.jpg

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Utter tosh.

I flew in from Africa a while ago and changed planes at Frankfurt. Arriving in Heathrow around six in the morning I was easily able to bring a bactrian camel, as well as llama, through customs unnoticed.

You only got 1 camel and a llama for your ex? You need to improve your self-esteem, my friend. A man of your education should be able to bag a 3-cameller easily. Aim for the stars next time.

Jul 7, 2016
Out of interest, are there any Muslim countries that NSC folks would be happy their wives. Girlfds or daughters could visit without a man with them ?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
p.s. Those interested in conspiracy theory.... most of us think they knew about the takeover last week but decided to let it go ahead, prepared to smash it at the earliest opportunity, were able to make a few people not go ahead with the conspiracy at the last minute ensure its failure, and are now reaping the political profits of being seen as the conquering heroes for democracy. it was certainly the most incompetent military takeover in Turkish history

I would go with Turkey certainly knowing that something was going to go down, and if the coup plotters knew that they knew, which they probably did, it may have forced them to play their hand to take action sooner than they were really ready to and was a now or never punt.

Erdogan playing his Joker and calling people to the streets to face the army was a smart move on his part though, and he knew civilians would be sacrificed if some of the soldiers started fearing for their lives against an angry mob.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I think it's a bit too early to judge. I'd avoid Istanbul and Ankara. I've always thought that Turkey has something for everyone and look forward to holidaying there again with my wife and our teenage daughter for a couple of weeks in September. Won't be in a hurry to let our daughter out of our sight though.

At what point did you and your wife agree that Turkey is good for 'price', 'water parks', 'decent all you can eat buffet breakfast' and 'climate', but better keep an 'eye on our teenage daughter for likely sexual assault' and then conclude Turkey has something for everyone, better get down the Travel Agents .........

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You only got 1 camel and a llama for your ex? You need to improve your self-esteem, my friend. A man of your education should be able to bag a 3-cameller easily. Aim for the stars next time.

The ex was returned under the 14 day warranty. The camel and llama were the original non-refundable deposit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here