Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Turgid game

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Tedious? You thought the Belgium/Canada game was tedious? You need to get out more.
This with bells on!

For me it has to be away to Cambridge United when tragically John Beck's hoof ball was working for a while. Awful ground, crap weather, grass left long on the wings where howitzer clearences were launched up to Dublin and Claridge. We weathered the storm and in injury time Clive Walker was one on one with the keeper but somehow scuffed it past the post :(

el punal

February 1976 - a mate came round to our flat in Brighton around 4.00 pm and asked if I would go with him to watch the Albion away at Southend that evening. He somehow persuaded me, so off we drove to lovely Southend on a cold, miserable evening. We got there 20 minutes after kick just in time to see the first of Southend’s four goals. We were shit, the evening was shit, the drive there and back was shit. Finally got home at around one in the morning. I wish I hadn’t bothered.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
When we were in the Championship, there was a Bristol City 0-0 midweek away game (just looked it up - 2012/13 season) where we didn't register a single shot on target, and Bristol City weren't much better. Definitely the most dire game I've ever seen.

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Colchester away on a freezing cold Monday night, sometime in the late 2000s. It was on telly so there was hardly anyone there, it was just awful. Little quality and nothing of interest happened. Think we lost, but I can’t be sure.
0-0, I was there too unfortunately.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Brighton 0-0 Bristol City at the Goldstone on New Years Day 1992.

I remember standing on the terraces thinking to myself 'this is the most boring game I have ever watched'. I don't think I have any reason to change that assessment. It was also bloody cold.

The previous home game was the 3-4 classic against Millwall, maybe that had something to do with it. Anyway we ended up getting relegated that season, shit team, shit things starting to go on behind the scenes.

boik

Opening game of the 78/79 season. Away at Wrexham. So excited after just missing out the previous season. Horrendous journey there and back to be rewarded with just about the worst 0-0 I've ever watched.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I thought Canada were terrific (in a Brighton style gash in front of goal sort of way) . I enjoyed the game
Football has come such a long way in Canada, its such a fringe sport there.

They did brilliantly last night, result aside, once of the performances of the tournament

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here