Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Turgid game

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
Apologies if it’s fixtures - which I’m sure it is…

But I’m watching this incredibly tedious Belgium v Canada game wondering what what the least entertaining Brighton game you’ve been unfortunate enough to witness?

I’ll start things off with the Charlton game at Falmer 29th December 2010. I made the massive mistake of introducing my dear wife to the beautiful game at the Amex, festive spirit, etc etc.

The weather was dreadful, cold and wet and wild. The game was even worse. By half time we were 1-0 down and Mrs exKT was begging to leave but I urged her to keep the faith.

At 85 minutes she put her foot down. As we trekked away from the ground we heard a weak cheer as the Albion equalised, too late for us.

Now our local team is Dumbarton and I don’t even ask.

What was you most tedious Brighton game, or why?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Walsall at the Withdean when they were down to 9 in the first half will forever be etched in my mind. Kept putting crosses in, Clayton Ince was in goal, would catch it and dive on the floor to waste time every attack we made. We lost 1-0.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Colchester away on a freezing cold Monday night, sometime in the late 2000s. It was on telly so there was hardly anyone there, it was just awful. Little quality and nothing of interest happened. Think we lost, but I can’t be sure.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Away at Blackburn Rovers, November 1991. 1-0 defeat.

Add in rubbish beer festival, train delayed coming back, taxi back from Victoria, splitting headache for most of the journey back. Arrive home in driving rain at 2am.

Unless you died, no-one has had a worse away day than mine on that rotten trip.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

But I’m watching this incredibly tedious Belgium v Canada game wondering what what the least entertaining Brighton game you’ve been unfortunate enough to witness?

I’ll start things off with the Charlton game at Falmer 29th December 2010. I made the massive mistake of introducing my dear wife to the beautiful game at the Amex, festive spirit, etc etc.

The weather was dreadful, cold and wet and wild. The game was even worse. By half time we were 1-0 down and Mrs exKT was begging to leave but I urged her to keep the faith.

At 85 minutes she put her foot down. As we trekked away from the ground we heard a weak cheer as the Albion equalised, too late for us.

0-0, Fans united game at Priestfield, 50 away supporters. I have a photo.
Both teams were lucky to get nil.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Probably the fans United 2 game at Gillingham - we drew 0-0 with Doncaster. Like watching two bald men fighting over a comb
Beat me to it :lolol:

It really was a stinker, that....

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022

Falmer didn't open til 2011.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Canada v Belgium was great in the first half. Pleasantly surprised at Canada - didn’t deserve to lose.
Agreed. That first half Canada were fantastic and absolutely ran Belgium ragged, they should have gone in 3 up at the break.

Unfortunately though, once they got in or around the Belgium box, they appeared to be infected with a severe case of Albionitus. Too many touches, wrong choices, shocking finishing. It was all so familiar.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Stoke final day of the championship season under McGhee or West Ham away under Poyet, both truly awful.
The Canada game was good though

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
1-0 away to Rotherham under Hughton sticks in my mind a bit during that dire end of season 14/15 run when he just kept us up. Went behind early and never looked like equalising. Had Best, CMS and O’Grady up front at various points during the game. Walked back through the ‘town’ afterwards through toothless locals fighting with each other.

Vin

Jun 12, 2021

Was at that game. Absolute shit game and freezing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here