Votes: 99 26.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 266 71.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Which team will score in added on time as both have a history of doing it. Mind we are not far behind in that score. We also need Vila to fluke a point or 3 tonight.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
Why? Have you really given up hope of automatic promotion?

Well, it depends on this week. If we get 4+ points then it's still a possibility, but I can't see it happening.

Some of our away performances against the top teams (Newcastle 4-1) and teams that press high similar to Huddersfield (4-1 Brentford and 5-0 Fulham) have been proper hidings. So I can't really see us getting much.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The answer you give to this question, probably reflects your confidence in our own result Saturday.

If you're confident we'll beat Reading, then an away win tonight is clearly the preferable outcome.

If you're nervous about Saturday, then you're probably wishing for a draw tonight.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well, it depends on this week. If we get 4+ points then it's still a possibility, but I can't see it happening.

Some of our away performances against the top teams (Newcastle 4-1) and teams that press high similar to Huddersfield (4-1 Brentford and 5-0 Fulham) have been proper hidings. So I can't really see us getting much.
Reading beat you 5-0, then you beat them 1-0. Away and at home I know, but you're capable of winning. If I were you I wouldn't take 2 points, you've got to hope for automatic promotion, and this is your chance to catch up. If it goes wrong you've still got the playoffs to aim for.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The answer you give to this question, probably reflects your confidence in our own result Saturday.

If you're confident we'll beat Reading, then an away win tonight is clearly the preferable outcome.

If you're nervous about Saturday, then you're probably wishing for a draw tonight.

... and the confidence level of beating Reading will be inextricabely linked to their performance/result tomorrow night :(

theroyal

May 11, 2014
Reading beat you 5-0, then you beat them 1-0. Away and at home I know, but you're capable of winning. If I were you I wouldn't take 2 points, you've got to hope for automatic promotion, and this is your chance to catch up. If it goes wrong you've still got the playoffs to aim for.

In truth I am trying to temper my expectations so I don't get too disappointed if we miss out. :lolol:

But on past evidence this season we will do well to get a decent return from the two fixtures.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
No.

According to NSC, Huddersfield are world beaters and have the title in the bag.
This. The same Huddersfield that were last week twice behind and then had to rely on an injury time winner against rock bottom Rotherham.

Rotherham have lost 8 out of their last 10 games. They are a very poor side. Yet somehow the best team in the country only managed to limp past them.

There is rumour of a betting coup - Huddersfield were apparently paid millions by an Asian bookie to deliberately let Rotherham score a couple and then wait until the 92nd minute before they started trying to get a winning goal ...

Last edited:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Newcastle & Hudds double pays over 2-1 with Paddy - in case anyone wants to drown their sorrows if it happens. I'd be happy if either didn't win.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not really, IMO it reflects your view on how threatening our main rivals are. It's all about Huddersfield for me, and a) is better:

a)
Reading: Pld 33, 63 points
Huddersfield: Pld 32, 61 points

b)
Huddersfield: Pld 32, 62 points
Reading: Pld 33, 61 points

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A moot topic I fear. We'll get stuffed.

Let's hope for a standard Reading performance: 90% of possession, one shot on target.

I'm hoping such stifling tactics might work against Huddersfield - we got it wrong up there and they ripped us a new one. Actually I'd be absolutely delighted if you drew the next two games, as long as Huddersfield don't win at Barnsley.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In truth I am trying to temper my expectations so I don't get too disappointed if we miss out. :lolol:
Your expectation should be easily managed as you're outsiders to finish top two, but that's got to be your hope, so no point wishing for 2 points.

But on past evidence this season we will do well to get a decent return from the two fixtures.
Well they are difficult games on paper. I'll be supporting you tomorrow at least (whilst hoping Kermorganta drops dead).

theroyal

May 11, 2014
I'm not wishing for 2 points, I'm wishing for 6, but as a supporter I'd be very surprised if that happens. I'm just saying it wouldn't be the end of the world if we ended up getting a point from each game given our away record at the bigger teams this season - lot of Reading fans on Twitter feeling the same. The players will be aiming for 6 of course, I don't think Stam would play for a point.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Hudds by far the bigger threat out of the two imo. So long as they drop points, I'm happy. I think the ideal result is a Reading win as I can see them falling away a little over the coming weeks.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Barnsley are well and truely in the last chance saloon for reaching the playoffs now.

Hopefully Saturday is a *cup final* for them.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Where's the option for "Match abandoned for failure of both sides to control their players" and subsequent points reductions? :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here