• Draw

Votes: 266 71.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hard to know what result is best for us
Not really a draw is the best result surely.
No.

A Reading win is best, for a few reasons:
Being 5 points ahead of Reading with a game in hand is better than being 6 points ahead of Huddersfield on the same games.
Reading have harder remaining fixtures than Huddersfield.
Huddersfield are better than Reading.

Often draws are best as both rivals lose points, but we're past that and now know that Huddersfield are the main team between us and promotion (Newc aside).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No idea but all the other Championship pacesetters seemed very happy to bow out with a reserve team. Was that a reserve Hudds team today?
I think they rested as many players as us. Scary.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mathematically, a draw means that 4 points are lost by our rivals. Any win means it is only 3.

So a draw, with sendings off and season ending injuries, gets my vote.

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
We want a draw, or a Reading win for all the reasons given already. But, personally I'm expecting a home win. Hope I'm wrong though!
Villa to get something on Monday at Toon would be nice too. Not likely. Hard to believe they are only 6 points off a relegation place!

bella15

Feb 16, 2017
Today we had no Ward in goal, no Smith, Hefele, Schindler or Lowe in the back four, No Mooy or Hogg in midfield, no Wells and no Brown up front.
We did play Van la parra though.

bella15

Feb 16, 2017
Forgot no Kachunga either. Wells, Kachunga and Brown did come on for last 20 minutes though. They might be tired Tuesday, you never know!!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Mathematically, a draw means that 4 points are lost by our rivals. Any win means it is only 3.

So a draw, with sendings off and season ending injuries, gets my vote.
You're not looking at the bigger picture. You are treating Huddersfield and Reading as equal rivals - they are very far from being equal rivals.

hqdefault.jpg

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Draw is the best result (one less point between them) but a Reading win would be okay. Ideally, if Reading win, it will be a really hard game which leaves them knackered for our game on Saturday (and Huddersfield too for their game at Barnsley).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You're not looking at the bigger picture. You are treating Huddersfield and Reading as equal rivals - they are very far from being equal rivals.

hqdefault.jpg

That's a bit harsh. Any when are points ever scaled with respect to the dangerousness of clubs? Points are points.

I presume you prefer a Reading win. A little side bet: I bet Reading finish above Huddersfield this season. The stakes? Mmmm,
.... ever seen 'Trading Places'? :bigwave:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Let's be honest we want a massive brawl as well as a few players getting cards for jumping into the crowd etc.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That's a bit harsh.
Yes, but meant in good spirit.
Any when are points ever scaled with respect to the dangerousness of clubs? Points are points.
I don't understand your point. Our rivals get more points if Reading win than if it's a draw, which is why we generally want our rivals to draw, but we're getting close to the end of the season and it very much looks like Huddersfield and Newcastle will be our main competitors. I'd rather Huddersfield get 0 (and end their winning streak) than 1, even at the expense of Reading getting all 3.

I presume you prefer a Reading win. A little side bet: I bet Reading finish above Huddersfield this season. The stakes? Mmmm,
.... ever seen 'Trading Places'? :bigwave:
Yes, I've seen Trading Places and I'd like to take that bet. Allowing for inflation of course.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Has to be a draw.....Two points lost each...win win. ..

That's my thought too. Any opportunity for either of them dropping points helps us. Both dropping points in one game has to be best for us.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
If they were both playing other teams instead of each other and both drew then that would be a good night for us! If one won and the other lost the joy of one losing would be offset by the other winning. It's a draw for me!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here