Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tuchel gone

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
The other worry is that word on the street is that Todd b has had a lot of dealings with barber recently and really gets on with him !!!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

There’s a difference in selling and buying players and a manager recruitment.
I think the big factor here will be if Potter wants it.
We need to chill anyway.if Potter goes we’ll have a replacement already set up via our succession planning.
The other obvious candidate is Poch and he has a much simpler position in that he’s out of a job.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
More of an issue than some think if Chelsea are interested. Would be very hard for GP to turn down if Chelsea come knocking as he will know he won’t get too many opportunities to manage a Champ league club! Will get a massive pay rise, be set for life and will back himself to be a success. Probably wouldn’t need to uproot the family.
If we went 6 or 7 games without a win his stock will diminish and the opportunity is gone.

Hope he stays but think we may be looking for a new manager very soon!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm not going to say Potter definitely wouldn't leave to go there, but I will say that a club like Chelsea would be in for a shock if they think a change of "gaffer" is a magic bullet.

Potter is a fine manager - one of our best ever - but he's only part of the reason we are punching massively above our weight. Football moved on from being all about what the gaffer says and what players "he" buys, many many years ago. There is a reason why clubs like Brighton and Brentford look so comfortable in the top division.

Agreed and as can be seen in the Sky article posted on here yesterday it’s a club effort…with the Owner..CEO …recruitment team etc playing an important part

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Disingenuous twot- he’s had it coming for a while.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Their training ground is actually at Stoke d'Abernon just off the M25 (although they refer to it as Cobham), but I wouldn't want to do that drive every day.

Probably earning in excess of £10m (might be a little generous!) a year, I'm sure an hours drive to work and back is going to be bearable for anyone.

Last edited:

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Why would he go? Chelski are a basket case, all be it very rich, of a club, the pressure on him would be immense, Would he want all that stress of having to be an instant success? There is no hiding place at that club, we all know what the fans are like, if he goes and fails, how does that reflect on the rest of his career? Better the devil you know....

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Agree with the first bit but are you sure about GP? Easy commute from Brighton to London so no family upheaval, more money, Champions League football and a squad full of talent that he could try and win trophies with. They'll almost certainly ask to talk to him at least.

First and foremost I don't think they'll go for him. They're absolutely not asking him first - Zinedine Zidane got three Champions League titles as a manager and realistically will be the first manager approached, and then you also have Pochettino who is perhaps the most likely candidate of all.

If Chelsea asked GP in May I think it could have happened but giving up all his hard work in Brighton to join a crisis club (no director of football, no clue where it is going, yet another yankee owner like the shit he had to deal with in Swansea..) when the season already has started... it just doesn't fit the way he works. Its a results first progress later club, he wouldn't last and he knows it.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Hilarious. They let him take care of the transfer market over the summer, allow him to spend absurd money and then sack him one week into September.

Won't miss him.

Not worried about GP going there, he'll stay away from that mess.

My thoughts too. Hope it’s the case. So unstable.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Here we go folks, oh good god, Nooooooooooooooooooo

Chelsea plan talks with Graham Potter after sacking Thomas Tuchel.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/09/07/chel...-potter-after-sacking-thomas-tuchel-17315379/

According to The Telegraph, the Brighton manager is the current frontrunner.

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com...anager-now-favourite-to-take-over-at-chelsea/

:facepalm::(
All these nonsense articles are referencing another nonsense article written by some moron who's had a stab in the dark.

Exact quote from Matt law at telegraph

An approach to Brighton is likely to be made to speak to Potter, with Chelsea aiming for a swift process of due diligence to appoint the right man.

As well as approaching Potter, Chelsea may try to hold discussions with out-of-work duo Mauricio Pochettino and Zinedine Zidane. Benfica manager Roger Schmidt could also come under consideration.

Note the words likely and may. Utter garbage.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Shame. The club and manager deserve each other. Both nasty entitled pieces of work.
Was hoping he'd stay and continue to fvck them up.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Yep, if I was Potter I'd really want to leave a stable club with a plan and join a basket case with an owner that wants to be the manager.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
He’s a bit of a wally, his excuses and moaning made him look pathetic.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Probably earning in excess of £10m a year, I'm sure an hours drive to work and back is going to be bearable for anyone.
To much is made about what he could earn I am sure he is on a good few £ already.not all about the dosh

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
First and foremost I don't think they'll go for him. They're absolutely not asking him first - Zinedine Zidane got three Champions League titles as a manager and realistically will be the first manager approached, and then you also have Pochettino who is perhaps the most likely candidate of all.

If Chelsea asked GP in May I think it could have happened but giving up all his hard work in Brighton to join a crisis club (no director of football, no clue where it is going, yet another yankee owner like the shit he had to deal with in Swansea..) when the season already has started... it just doesn't fit the way he works. Its a results first progress later club, he wouldn't last and he knows it.

They’re already making approaches

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here