Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tuchel gone

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Continuing the PPZ managerial theme of the entire summer, Potter, Poch and Zidane the alleged frontrunners.

Potter these days always mentioned in esteemed company!

BA910627-F7A5-4CC9-9969-DF6B370D9083.png

luge

Dec 18, 2010
I think Potter has unfinished business here and would want to see it through, and would seriously doubt Bloom would let him go anyway.

I would be seriously sad to see him go, but we probably do have to accept where we are as a club.

My hope, and it is a hope, is that Chelsea - alongside all the other big 6 clubs - are way too trigger happy and calamitous to consider. Potter needs time, and structures in place, and not achieving instant success will lead to a sacking. we are only just seeing the fruits of 3 years of coaching now in our performance levels and finishing. That doesn't mean he will never go, but feels sad that it has come way before we have really achieved anything.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
I would be seriously sad to see him go, but we probably do have to accept where we are as a club.

My hope, and it is a hope, is that Chelsea - alongside all the other big 6 clubs - are way too trigger happy and calamitous to consider. Potter needs time, and structures in place, and not achieving instant success will lead to a sacking. we are only just seeing the fruits of 3 years of coaching now in our performance levels and finishing. That doesn't mean he will never go, but feels sad that it has come way before we have really achieved anything.

Not that we haven't improved. I just genuienly believe that we can make Europe soon, or maybe win a cup.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Poch or Zidane I think. Can't see Potter taking such a massive risk by going there.

He might not but he’ll have to turn down a king’s ransom to stay with us. That’s quite a big thing to do in life. If Chelsea go ‘hard’ for Potter, we might need to offer him another 5 year contract which I’d be delighted with!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think you are right . . . Actually l'll put that a slightly different way, l desperately hope you are right.

Chelsea managers have about an 18 month shelf life. I can’t see Potter wanting a project that short but he’d never have to work again in his life in terms of financial needs.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Pretty confident Potter won't be tempted by this considering he's got the image and reputation to be a shoe-in for the England job, which is likely to be vacant in a few months time. Joining Chelsea will get you more cash and the chance to manage in the CL, but if things go well you're going to last 9 months before you're booted out and labelled a failure. Who knows though.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Actually after initially running around the office in a hissy fit and pissing my new chinos, I have calmed down slightly and come to the conclusion that Potter going is highly unlikely for two main reasons.

1: Chelsea are in the Champions League and cannot afford a long term project they need and usually demand a Champions League proven appointment, not a manager who builds squads over several seasons.

2: Potter would not appreciate the backroom shenanigans and pressure of immediate success demanded.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
They won't come in for Potter, and Potter won't want to go to them. End of discussion.

Their manager DNA is to have previous trophy success on their CV. Potter has no trophies and no experience of managing big name players. The average lifespan of a Chelsea manager must be something like 18 months if that, and it would be too much of a risk for Potter that he isn't given time to implement his ideas.

New owners will want a big name, Potter will be linked of course, but I can't see it being even close to happening.

Nobby Nomates

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'm not sure any of the 'big 6' would give Potter the time and support he needs to change a club. City after Guardiola is the only one that feels like it could be right

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Pretty confident Potter won't be tempted by this considering he's got the image and reputation to be a shoe-in for the England job, which is likely to be vacant in a few months time. Joining Chelsea will get you more cash and the chance to manage in the CL, but if things go well you're going to last 9 months before you're booted out and labelled a failure. Who knows though.

He doesn't sound like the England job appeals to him much.

He said he likes the day to day aspect of the job working with players, stated the England job you don't get that.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
They won't come in for Potter, and Potter won't want to go to them. End of discussion.

Their manager DNA is to have previous trophy success on their CV. Potter has no trophies and no experience of managing big name players. The average lifespan of a Chelsea manager must be something like 18 months if that, and it would be too much of a risk for Potter that he isn't given time to implement his ideas.

New owners will want a big name, Potter will be linked of course, but I can't see it being even close to happening.

Agree, this is Boehleys first managerial appointment and another chance to make his mark on the club, he's not going to choose a sensible long term project. He's going to spend millions on the biggest name he can find, I expect it will be Zidane.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here