Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TSLR in 2012/13 (Sponsored Sticky)

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
Prostate_Cancer_UK__482.jpg

We were asked by Prostate Cancer UK to help launch their partnership with the Football League this season.

Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men, with 40,000 cases diagnosed each year and some 250,000 men living with the disease at the moment - the equivalent of the population of Brighton and Hove.

Prostate Cancer UK are the main prostate cancer charity in the UK, they're involved with the Football league thing this year which is excellent, and they're also the main beneficary of the Movember event each year which you've no-doubt seen (though it seems every month is Movember in Brighton these days).

It makes sense to raise awareness of prostate cancer at the football, and the football league community voted to endorse PCUK this season as the official charity.

So, what did we do? Well, not a lot, but with the fact that 1 in 9 of us blokes will be affected by prostate cancer at some point in our lives, it seemed natural to follow on with the 9 theme and draw some attention to Albion's greatest, and not-so great centre forwards.

All 72 clubs in the pleb-league did the same, and you can read ours, and others, by clicking on this link HERE.

While you're there, bemoaning the fact we left Mark McCammon and Federico Turienzo out of the short-list, take a minute to click on the other links, the bits where you can read about prostate cancer, how it affects men of all ages and most importantly, what to look out for with your own walnut.

It'll only take 5 minutes, have a quick read.

nsc_logo_tslr.png

The only Albion fanzine is back for a fifth season!

Our 40th release was available at Swindon ... We sold out that day but we'll be back with plenty more at Hull and The Amex and into infinity.

It's still just £1, so, cheaper than a cup of tea at The Amex. Excellent value for 32 pages of Albion chat and over 9,000 words of news, reviews, previews, opinions, truth and lies.

It also has a colour cover, which is some sort of bonus apparently.

For those that can't get to matches or habitually lose their 'zine at the ground, ordering a subscription is dead easy with our brand new secure online shop.

CLICK HERE FOR THE TSLR SHOP

We're selling Digital Subscriptions for 12/13 too. For just a fiver you'll get the fanzine emailed to you over the season so you can read it as an eBook on your Kindle or whatever and also as a PDF which you flash so-and-so's can skim through on your iPads.

Feedback from this has been very positive so get involved!

What else ...

Follow us on Twitter where we're pretty good value @tslr

Bookmark our blog which is pretty good too at www.theseagulllovereview.com

That's it really, thank you for your continued support!

TSLR Team

Last edited:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Ordered my digital copy the night of Swindon game, look forward to reading it, will probbaly still by paper editions to read on the train, the sucker I am..

Good luck this year following our normal ups and downs.

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
I'm at most of the away games, but I never seem to see you guys selling it. Where abouts do you normally sell?

I'll be at the Hull game, so will keep a look out for you.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
TSLR is a fuggin excellent read (though most weeks I forgot to read it and the missus throws it away).

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I never buy TSLR, but am tempted to buy the digital copy. Will probably do it later.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It's always been a fantastic fanzine and I can proudly say I've owned a copy of all them, down the years. :bowdown:

Long may you reign, TSLR! Best sponsored sticky EVER.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Can only reiterate what has already been said, superb read for a quid. Provided a well needed laugh on the way home from most away games last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here