Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
I cannot believe that not one Republican (besides Mitt Romney) thinks that Trump is just a little unhinged after today's performance. What a bunch of enablers

Mitch McConnell's response is to tell Obama to keep his mouth shut. Mitch, your legacy will forever be remembered in infamy.

But hey, what do I know I'm just an East Coast Liberal

Glad to see you have/are surviving the shit storm that landed on your coast sir. Was worried for a while based on your radio silence.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
"These Trump threads are so boring though, it's the same people back slapping each other, posting hilariously bias information from a social media site known for censoring opinions they disagree with. Lots and lots of propaganda all over the place."

700 pages later and I am still spot on!

Which site is this?

You seemed to reply to this thread and missed my question. Have another try?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Glad to see you have/are surviving the shit storm that landed on your coast sir. Was worried for a while based on your radio silence.

Cheers mate. We're still on lockdown until June 15 but NYC is slowly returning to normal - whatever that is these days. What's it like out West ? I'm wondering how long it'll be before they resume flights to the UK, I'm guessing it'll be a while

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Just trying to figure this out, I’m definitely no Trump fan, so please don’t think I’m trying to defend him, just understand this bit of news in relationships to Trumps claims he’s been taking hydroxychloroquine, and the vitriol thrown at him because of that.

Now we appear to be testing that same exact drug, now I’m sure this is not being done to prove Trump wrong....
So maybe he was/is actually on to something....

Hell even a broken clock is right twice a day....

Coronavirus: Hydroxychloroquine trial begins in the UK https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52737169

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Just trying to figure this out, I’m definitely no Trump fan, so please don’t think I’m trying to defend him, just understand this bit of news in relationships to Trumps claims he’s been taking hydroxychloroquine, and the vitriol thrown at him because of that.

Now we appear to be testing that same exact drug, now I’m sure this is not being done to prove Trump wrong....
So maybe he was/is actually on to something....

Hell even a broken clock is right twice a day....

Coronavirus: Hydroxychloroquine trial begins in the UK https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52737169

Any drug which has been used for many years MIGHT have benefit to take as a preventative measure. The criticism of Trump is pedalling unverified information and a medical cure without supporting evidence. If there was a clinical trial prior to him making his statements, then it's no problem because it's backed up. But he's just decided to tell everyone he's taking it, it might work. It's terrible for the people who need it because the Trump people are out there taking it and stockpiling it. People who need it for its actual purpose are struggling to get it now, which is ridiculous. Trump is a selfish moron who doesn't understand the consequences of his words and has no ability to see the bigger picture because he simply couldn't care less. So long as he's ok, that's all that matters. At some point, someone will take it because he said it's fine and they'll develop a heart condition and probably pass away. At which point, it will be news and Trump will say he never told people they should take it and the cycle repeats.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Any drug which has been used for many years MIGHT have benefit to take as a preventative measure. The criticism of Trump is pedalling unverified information and a medical cure without supporting evidence. If there was a clinical trial prior to him making his statements, then it's no problem because it's backed up. But he's just decided to tell everyone he's taking it, it might work. It's terrible for the people who need it because the Trump people are out there taking it and stockpiling it. People who need it for its actual purpose are struggling to get it now, which is ridiculous. Trump is a selfish moron who doesn't understand the consequences of his words and has no ability to see the bigger picture because he simply couldn't care less. So long as he's ok, that's all that matters. At some point, someone will take it because he said it's fine and they'll develop a heart condition and probably pass away. At which point, it will be news and Trump will say he never told people they should take it and the cycle repeats.

This.

The criticism of Trump is nothing to do with whether the drug is effective or not. The way he has behaved and his statements regarding it have been irresponsible, selfish and potentially very damaging for vulnerable people - par for the course, basically.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It's basically the equivalent of Boris Johnson coming out and saying "You know what cured my Coronavirus right up? I started smoking 80 a day. Problem solved." There's no evidence it would and the reality is it's more likely to do you more harm than good, however obviously nobody's actually tested the theory so you can't conclusively say it's bollocks scientifically.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
You seemed to reply to this thread and missed my question. Have another try?

Glad to see someone is updating their Viper diary. Twitter. They're a private company by the way, and can censor what they want. But using hugely bias people tweeting info on that platform as your source of news and assuming its absolutely true is as stupid as using CNN or Fox news as your only source.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Glad to see someone is updating their Viper diary. Twitter. They're a private company by the way, and can censor what they want. But using hugely bias people tweeting info on that platform as your source of news and assuming its absolutely true is as stupid as using CNN or Fox news as your only source.

Whether it's a private company or not doesn't make a difference to the content. They are incredibly lax in their moderation of content, as has been highlighted often in their lack of action against hate crime.

People will follow who they want - and they'll be biased either way. The difference is people are more accountable and more likely to be caught out/corrected on a social media platform than a news source like CNN or Fox.That's pretty much social media 101.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Whether it's a private company or not doesn't make a difference to the content. They are incredibly lax in their moderation of content, as has been highlighted often in their lack of action against hate crime.

People will follow who they want - and they'll be biased either way. The difference is people are more accountable and more likely to be caught out/corrected on a social media platform than a news source like CNN or Fox.That's pretty much social media 101.

One of the major sources in this thread when I posted that was Louise bloody Mensch, a total nutjob conspiracy theorist who has been proven wrong time and time again. Using that persons tweets as a source was incredibly bias and outright uninformed. It's no better than believing Karen on Facebook about why you should be anti vax.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

Hell fire. Without even starting to comment on the content of what he says I think it needs to be pointed out that this is the LEAST articulate person in the world! His summation just put me in mind of one of Catherine Tate's creations saying that... Her mum's boyfriend's best friend's sister's hairdresser knows someone who heard in the pub that Obama's cousin said that he did something wrong.

What an absolutely torturous way to make a point.

And wind back to the beginning... She sent herself an email? Really? That constitutes evidence?

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
"I tested very positively in another sense. I tested positively toward negative. I tested perfectly this morning, meaning I tested negative," President Trump says in his presser this morning.

I think he is legitimately the stupidest person I've ever encountered.

Video:

[tweet]1263516997746405379[/tweet]

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Hell fire. Without even starting to comment on the content of what he says I think it needs to be pointed out that this is the LEAST articulate person in the world! His summation just put me in mind of one of Catherine Tate's creations saying that... Her mum's boyfriend's best friend's sister's hairdresser knows someone who heard in the pub that Obama's cousin said that he did something wrong.

What an absolutely torturous way to make a point.

And wind back to the beginning... She sent herself an email? Really? That constitutes evidence?

Did she move her clothes down to the lower peg after Latin but before Prep and as well as writing a letter to matron about going home on the 6th providing father has returned from India.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
One of the major sources in this thread when I posted that was Louise bloody Mensch, a total nutjob conspiracy theorist who has been proven wrong time and time again. Using that persons tweets as a source was incredibly bias and outright uninformed. It's no better than believing Karen on Facebook about why you should be anti vax.

Yeah, but you could say that for anyone, on any side - that doesn't have anything to do with the platform, but the people that others choose to cite as 'fact'. For every bit of truth on a social platform, there's also a shitload of conjecture.

Still doesn't really mean that the platform is "a social media site known for censoring opinions they disagree with" in the slightest, does it?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As is customary words fail me...

[tweet]1263516997746405379[/tweet]

...and him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
peanuts.PNG

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Since it was first mentioned here 3 (three) weeks ago.

The US death/per million has risen from 160 people to:-

It's most definitely on a trajectory to double inside of just one month.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Since it was first mentioned here 3 (three) weeks ago.

The US death/per million has risen from 160 people to:-

It's most definitely on a trajectory to double inside of just one month.

And my state gleefully reopened just about everything tomorrow so they could make lots of money on the 3 day weekend. You hate to see it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here