Trump

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I see that the Democrats just flipped Alaska and won the state from the Republicans, for the first time in 50 years - and beat Sara Palin (sponsored by Trump) in the process.:banana::clap::O

#StopTheSteal :jester:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
By rights Trump should be on his way to prison for espionage and obstruction of justice but I am not very hopeful that justice will be properly served, even though it is likely that the blood of many executed CIA agents is on his hands

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I suppose he did say the best way to reduce covid rates was to reduce testing - fewer tests = fewer positive infections reporting. And if it's an offence to have classified documents, then the best way of it not being an offence is to declassify the documents.

Very trumpian action - so I can see where the poster's coming from.

With reference to his attempts to paint his handling of Covid I think its always helpful to revisit this little gem, The Trump Covid Calendar.....

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Does make you wonder if the authorities are dragging their heels deliberately in bringing him to justice because they fear something similar to the assault on the Capitol in January 2021. Trump supporters have already threatened public disorder and riots should he be given a prison sentence.

They could be hoping he will just disappear from public life and it does seem some of the more rational Republicans are seeing him more and more as a busted flush

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
He has to be held accountable for his crimes. He has greatly undermined the entire democracy of the country, there simply cannot be no consequences for that behaviour in a lawful society. If he does not face any charges or does not get held accountable, what is to prevent someone else trying the same thing in future?

Trump has been a catastrophe and not just because of what he is and what he has done, but because of what he has awoken in a huge number of people who want to be disenfranchised.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Does make you wonder if the authorities are dragging their heels deliberately in bringing him to justice because they fear something similar to the assault on the Capitol in January 2021. Trump supporters have already threatened public disorder and riots should he be given a prison sentence.

They could be hoping he will just disappear from public life and it does seem some of the more rational Republicans are seeing him more and more as a busted flush

I get where you're coming from, but that seems a crazy way to go about things. Trying to appease a load of unhinged conspiracy theorists by not holding accountable one of their own? That gives them way more power than they deserve. Heaven forbid the guy DID actually do things wrong and against the law –*don't they agree in bringing people to justice? They've been banging on about Hillary bloody Clinton and Hunter Biden's laptop for long enough. Not to mention Pizzagate and everything that goes with it...

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
There is literally a quote, clip, tweet, fart for everything.

[tweet]1564554875618447361[/tweet]

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I get where you're coming from, but that seems a crazy way to go about things. Trying to appease a load of unhinged conspiracy theorists by not holding accountable one of their own? That gives them way more power than they deserve. Heaven forbid the guy DID actually do things wrong and against the law –*don't they agree in bringing people to justice? They've been banging on about Hillary bloody Clinton and Hunter Biden's laptop for long enough. Not to mention Pizzagate and everything that goes with it...

I completely agree. But it won't be the first time a really nasty piece of work never got the justice he so richly deserved.

I personally will be surprised if he is ever given a prison sentence

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I completely agree. But it won't be the first time a really nasty piece of work never got the justice he so richly deserved.

I personally will be surprised if he is ever given a prison sentence

It starting to look very shaky for him, questions be I guess asked on Fox News, Sarah Palin getting binned and a general ‘I’m not really with him’ attitude by some of his long time sycophants. It’s a war of attrition which he is losing and once he’s weak enough its “You’re ****ing nicked”.

Making free with state secrets and appearing to feel able to use them for his own benefit will not sit well most of the GOP. Thanks got prison time written all over it.
My guess will be that he will agree to be band from standing for office or funding or supporting anyone in public office on the condition that he gets a pardon from Biden.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

One theory I've seen mooted, suggested that he won't indicted until after the mid-terms, as any prosecution would be seen as politically sensitive

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
CCN dodgy in the 80's but switching to strong anti MAGA Trump Presidency, are reverting to their 80's right wing bias through their new owners.
Journalist praising Biden's Anti MAGA speech kicked out.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

F#ck-em if Trump's MAGA crowd want to riot in the street.

Just do what Trump would do if it was a BLM crowd of rioters. Arrest everyone that breaks the Law.

I don't know why they are scared to indict Trump. Like any other citizen it will have to go to trial. He won't be hung from the nearest tree.

Trump can demand a Jury trial. His Lawyers will get a chance to participate in Jury selection. If he is convicted. He has the opportunity to appeal to all the appellant courts right the way up to the Supreme Court where he selected 3 of the Judges himself.

If hi supporters " cry foul play " so be it. They are doing that anyway at every opportunity. He will never go to jail anyhow because you could never put a Former President in a cell in a prison " general population " . However, not to press charges sends the wrong message that all he needs to do is threaten to call his supporters out on to the street and everyone backs off him.

Drag the tyrannical orange shiithead through the courts for the rest of his life and whether he gets convicted or not is of no consequences. Punishment to Trump is losing money and lose money he will with all the court cases he will have to fight

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
ccn dodgy in the 80's but switching to strong anti maga trump presidency, are reverting to their 80's right wing bias through their new owners.
Journalist praising biden's anti maga speech kicked out.
fake news!
Lamestream meadia!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Trump more dangerous now than he ever was IMHO. Accusing Biden of being An Enemy Of The State along with all sorts of other nonsense. If USA isn't very careful it'll end up having another Civil War due entirely to this deranged thug and his followers

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I don't know why they are scared to indict Trump. Like any other citizen it will have to go to trial.

I think the Feds and DOJ genuinely want to win this one, hence the need for a bullet proof case (which I think they have) but also have to follow Comey's guidelines around not doing anything within 60days of an election.

My money is on a discrete perp-walk out of MAL or Bedminster, long-lens'd by someone, 2-3 days after the mid-terms, with some excuse made to move a host of national guard units to strategic locations the day before, just in case (the inevitable happens, which it will).

Things will be messy, but he'll spend no more than 48hrs in a federal facility before spending the rest of his life under house arrest at MAL.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
More info about what's been found in the files this morning. All things that would see anyone else launched into the sun. Surely he can't get away with it this time?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
More info about what's been found in the files this morning. All things that would see anyone else launched into the sun. Surely he can't get away with it this time?

but not a word about Hunter Biden .....not a whisper, what a toxic state of affairs the Anglo American media has turned into.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports