Trump

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
https://edition.cnn.com/2022/03/24/politics/trump-sues-hillary-clinton/index.html

Trump sues Hillary Clinton, DNC and others, alleging conspiracy to link his campaign to Russia

"The actions taken in furtherance of their scheme - falsifying evidence, deceiving law enforcement, and exploiting access to highly-sensitive data sources - are so outrageous, subversive and incendiary that even the events of Watergate pale in comparison."

Says the man who met Putin in secret when President and recently said Putin was being very clever in his build up to invading Ukraine.
The Lawers will piss all over him.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
This is insanely stupid -- I know, that comes as something of a shock, right? -- because both parties in a suit have access to compulsory process for discovery.

All of those defendants now get to rummage around de novo, or again, in Trump's 2016 -- and 2020 -- foreign connections.

Meanwhile he's fighting discovery in every court in the country to block access to his financials, comms, etc. And insisting that his creatures do the same.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Yes, you did. Yet you thought Trump not newsworthy. That does come across as a bit selective at best.

I think when you consider all of the things going on in the world right now, what Trump had for lunch or shouted into the void of Fox News or some niche social media channel is such small fry. The pandemic and the reality that the US Government isn't going to even bother funding a new booster shot is WAY more newsworthy to me and yet I haven't seen a word about that here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2022/03/22/funding-fourth-vaccine-doses/

Real people about to be left to possibly die of a new variant of Covid? NSC doesn't consider newsworthy

Weirdo ex president does something? NSC can't get enough. It's a gossip magazine at this point.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think when you consider all of the things going on in the world right now, what Trump had for lunch or shouted into the void of Fox News or some niche social media channel is such small fry. The pandemic and the reality that the US Government isn't going to even bother funding a new booster shot is WAY more newsworthy to me and yet I haven't seen a word about that here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2022/03/22/funding-fourth-vaccine-doses/

Real people about to be left to possibly die of a new variant of Covid? NSC doesn't consider newsworthy

Weirdo ex president does something? NSC can't get enough. It's a gossip magazine at this point.

Cough.... https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/the-recount-looks-at-trump-s-remarks-on-coronavirus-82119749887

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

The thread title should be changed from Trump to US Covid Response

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Well, I think the thread title doesn’t leave much doubt as to the content.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

If only there was a whole section of the forum dedicated to COVID-19.

And if only there was a thread in that section about the response of the USA to the pandemic.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
‘Trump asks Putin to hand over dirt on Hunter Biden: Ex-President claims Russian leader 'knows' why 'the mayor of Moscow's wife gave Joe's son $3.5million'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...Hunter-Bidens-dealings-Russian-oligarchs.html

Our democratic values are being undermined not by Putin but by all sides claiming their opponents are in league with the Russians. Trump really is a scumbag.

Even for Trump this is low. Here we have an aggressive state in a war which is being sanctioned by the Government of a democratic country, and the main opposition politician is lobbying the leader of that aggressor nation to help bring down the elected leader of the nation which is doing the sanctions. It's utterly shameful.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Even for Trump this is low. Here we have an aggressive state in a war which is being sanctioned by the Government of a democratic country, and the main opposition politician is lobbying the leader of that aggressor nation to help bring down the elected leader of the nation which is doing the sanctions. It's utterly shameful.

And, very much what one would expect from Trump... is anyone really surprised ? So much desperation to try to find something in Biden's past when Trumps list of shame is pretty much well known about.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

But not surprising with his track record, not sure if we can read to much into it but Trump is currently roughly 7/2 for next President and Biden 11/2, that is rather worrying. I am not sure the world could take Putin claiming some kind of victory in the Ukraine and Trump being re elected, just what would that say about society as a whole, it would seem there is no worth in truth and justice, just lies and misinformation.

Hopefully we can avert both, but I fear we are heading for a repeat of history, only this time Trump will probably try and change the constitution and remain as a dictator, sadly that is his goal, he is not in it for the good of the country or the world.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I agree, except for the first sentence. It's par for the course. This is the man that wanted to end democracy in the US.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports