Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trump

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
[tweet]1259959391723241472[/tweet]

Trump is so unfit to be president granted, the question the reporter asked about why he is putting so much emphasis on testing is because TESTS saves lives which sadly Johnson didn't take on board until it was too late.

The "Ask China" remark is a very un-presidential thing to say but certainly not racist, we didn't start the fire.

Total World Deaths: 292,913

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This isn’t the 1970’s. if you are casually racist in your language, and these are often not words that have slipped out but have been written down and considered, it is fair in 2020 for others to conclude you are, well, racist.

Agree with the rest of your post.

This

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
[tweet]1259959391723241472[/tweet]

Trump is so unfit to be president granted, the question the reporter asked about why he is putting so much emphasis on testing is because TESTS saves lives which sadly Johnson didn't take on board until it was too late.

The "Ask China" remark is a very un-presidential thing to say but certainly not racist, we didn't start the fire.

Total World Deaths: 292,913

Trump is asked why he compares every US statistic to the rest of the world with the US winning each time. Not about testing.
He is not putting emphasis on testing, outside the West Wing, as he does not want the results to show cv is not under control.

He certainly didn’t start the fire but he could have noticed it was there and at least tried to dampen it.

The orange oaf is a rude, sexist, thick racist.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Unfortunately this may be the case, he may well win again due to being able to spin doctor his way out of the mess he is in, and his ability to blame the Democratic Governors who run the main money making States, who are having to make the no win decisions every day.

From the perspective of someone living in and around the LA area, shit here is not good. There are more deaths and cases being reported here every day, with over half of all deaths and cases in California being registered in LA. California is the geographical size of the UK, with about 40 million people living in the State. LA County is home to 10 million of those people, or 25% of all people that live in California. It is packed, condensed and everyone basically lives outdoors 365 days a year. The coastline of Los Angeles is officially recorded at 27 miles, which from a rough estimation is from Eastbourne to Worthing....with 10 million people more often than not trying enjoy the benefits of the beach all year round.

My point is, without being over the top cautious, shit could get really, really bad here. Just as we are all watching how the Football leagues are trying to juggle Health + Income + Impatient customers, LA has the same shitfest to face, possibly with more financial woes to consider. The whole of the film, TV and advertising industry is based there, let alone all the side businesses that survive on the back of that one single industry. Long Beach harbor is the single biggest port on the West Coast that receives around 300,000+ containers each month to supply the whole country, should that port go down hard with cases, the rest of the country will start to see major disruptions in the supply chains for literally everything that is consumed.

The end result may well be Trumpster back in power, but it will be down to the short sighted Septics (not all of them I should say) that I have the displeasure to encounter everyday, that have neither travelled, are educated or have the ability to think of anyone but themselves. Unfortunately, these are people that are allowed to vote, often based on a knee jerk reaction rather than thinking about the big picture and long game.

Thanks for that perspective, always good to know what is happening from someone who is actually on the spot. I would have thought the port should be fine ? If it is a full on container port that is usually a low workforce industry and so not much close interaction between staff ? As for the Trump supporters, it's really worrying that not only can they vote, they are actually allowed to buy guns too !

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Trump is asked why he compares every US statistic to the rest of the world with the US winning each time. Not about testing.
He is not putting emphasis on testing, outside the West Wing, as he does not want the results to show cv is not under control.

He certainly didn’t start the fire but he could have noticed it was there and at least tried to dampen it.

The orange oaf is a rude, sexist, thick racist.

I agree but the "Ask China" comment is certainly not racist.

Trump being Trump will certainly try to hold China to account over this, I doubt any other nations will. WHO are weak where China are concerned.

Johnson has given up comparing dick sizes with the rest of the world because sadly we never left the starting stalls. #fail

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I agree but the "Ask China" comment is certainly not racist.

Trump being Trump will certainly try to hold China to account over this, I doubt any other nations will. WHO are weak where China are concerned.

Johnson has given up comparing dick sizes with the rest of the world because sadly we never left the starting stalls. #fail

Johnson said at the latest PMQ's he didn't believe there was anything to be gained by comparing nations.

3 weeks ago, when he thought the comparisons were favourable, he could hardly complete a sentence without comparing the UK with country X.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Johnson said at the latest PMQ's he didn't believe there was anything to be gained by comparing nations.

3 weeks ago, when he thought the comparisons were favourable, he could hardly complete a sentence without comparing the UK with country X.

Like ever other politician in power then, nothing new to be honest, they all do it, left, right, centre....

You can’t be surprised, or declare he is worse, unless you yourself are biased between one party or the other.

Trick is to read between the lines, they all alter facts, twist figures, it’s called divide and rule.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Plenty of threads out there to discuss Johnson.

This thread is about the demented doofus in the Whitehouse.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Like ever other politician in power then, nothing new to be honest, they all do it, left, right, centre....

You can’t be surprised, or declare he is worse, unless you yourself are biased between one party or the other.

Trick is to read between the lines, they all alter facts, twist figures, it’s called divide and rule.
Oh deffo, it was just a specific point made as a reply to Neil.

I think it might have been highlighted by The Mash Report.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

You will have noticed the new slides at yesterday's press conference, no slide comparing to the rest of the world. It will be interesting to see if this is raised at PMQs at lunchtime.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Coronavirus infection rates are spiking to new highs in several metropolitan areas and smaller communities across the country, according to undisclosed data the White House's pandemic task force is using to track rates of infection, which was obtained by NBC News.

The data in a May 7 coronavirus task force report are at odds with President Donald Trump's declaration Monday that "all throughout the country, the numbers are coming down rapidly."

Source >>> https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/wh...&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Revue newsletter

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not

surprised

in the

slightest

[tweet]1260586823283281920[/tweet]

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Thanks for that perspective, always good to know what is happening from someone who is actually on the spot. I would have thought the port should be fine ? If it is a full on container port that is usually a low workforce industry and so not much close interaction between staff ? As for the Trump supporters, it's really worrying that not only can they vote, they are actually allowed to buy guns too !

Thank you sir.

Your question regarding the amount of bodies working at Long Beach led me to look into the answer and this is what I found:

"A department of the City of Los Angeles, the Port of Los Angeles supports employment for 517,000 people throughout the LA County Region and 1.6 million worldwide."

More interestingly though is the fact that LA Port does not even make it into the top 10 of worlds busiest Ports.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
An ads campaign on TV and Facebook portraying Biden as a sex pest and misogynist?

[From hypocrite Trump]

Odds on he's going to claim the election is fraudulent anyway.

Sorry, I meant FAKE ELECTION! BAD!

For example, Republicans hate postal votes (it tends to increase Democratic numbers), and if that's needed in any shape or form come November (ie if some states/districts decide to offer it instead of/as well as the traditional ballot box to protect voters' health), you can guarantee Trump will try and twist it to declare the election void. We could – possibly – be in for the biggest shitfest ever.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Odds on he's going to claim the election is fraudulent anyway.

Sorry, I meant FAKE ELECTION! BAD!

For example, Republicans hate postal votes (it tends to increase Democratic numbers), and if that's needed in any shape or form come November (ie if some states/districts decide to offer it instead of/as well as the traditional ballot box to protect voters' health), you can guarantee Trump will try and twist it to declare the election void. We could – possibly – be in for the biggest shitfest ever.

If there is no election - or I assume a void election - by January 1st, then the Speaker of the House of Representatives automatically becomes President, meaning Pelosi takes over. Trump would combust.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So how will he react?

Open the borders?

Start a war with China?
I'm no expert but my reading of those poling figures suggest to me Trump will be re-elected.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If there is no election - or I assume a void election - by January 1st, then the Speaker of the House of Representatives automatically becomes President, meaning Pelosi takes over. Trump would combust.

The Administration (Trump, Pence and their Alt-Right team) have no say on the administration or date of Presidential elections anyway, only Congress.

Jared Kushnar was talking out of his backside

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here