Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

trio expected to sign

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Not read the whole thread but would Baldock really sign and accept sitting on the bench as third-choice? Or would he be second-choice and O'Grady third choice?

Not exactly the sort of players we've signed in recent seasons and all feels a tad underwhelming.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Not read the whole thread but would Baldock really sign and accept sitting on the bench as third-choice? Or would he be second-choice and O'Grady third choice?

Not exactly the sort of players we've signed in recent seasons and all feels a tad underwhelming.

By all accounts he can play a similar role to Lingard last season - so either up front or on the left/right (not sure which) of a front three.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

I don't think you should assume CMS as first choice. In fact if Baldock is signed then it may well be a case of who ever is in form keeps the shirt.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
By all accounts he can play a similar role to Lingard last season - so either up front or on the left/right (not sure which) of a front three.

Didn't think of it like that actually, I think Baldock would play from the left quite similar to what he did at West Ham, with CMS down the middle and Buckley from the right.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I've lost count of the number of BHAFC players who've supposedly "waved goodbye" to the fans only to be in the team the next week/month/season/years.

CMS waves goodbye every match

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He played 80 minutes and the Huddersfield fans appreciated him waving goodbye when he went off.

Just for interest Bristol City mentioned Billy Sharp is being allowed to leave S'ton

What price for Sharpe as I would sooner sign him than Baldock for £1m even if he cost more
Sharpe would never play in the same team as than man who broke his leg in 3 places and ended his career.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
This. Although we were taken for mugs by L1 Peterborough for CMS

Really? At the time I think 2.5m for a player who had just scored 35 goals was reasonable...perhaps now as we know he's not quite lived up to the expectations that it could look like that but certainly not at the time.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Really? At the time I think 2.5m for a player who had just scored 35 goals was reasonable...perhaps now as we know he's not quite lived up to the expectations that it could look like that but certainly not at the time.

Yes, of course it's easy to be critical after the event. Like everybody else at the time I was excited that we saw off the interest of West Ham. Just a shame that the gamble hasn't (so far) paid off. Dare we hope he has a goal fest this coming season? :)

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Baldock would be far better than either of them. Sharp has done nothing for the past couple of years and Jerome is just awful.
This. Give me Baldock anyday

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Better proven option than Baldock but still not top of my list. Cameron Jerome available at Stoke is a better option.

If, as it sounds like, Hyypia wants a more mobile front three, then neither Sharp or Jerome fit the bill. Baldock can play up front or wide in a front three so would suit what Hyypia wants. Jerome never really been prolific anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here