Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

trio expected to sign

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

bhafc1972

Banned
Jun 2, 2014
It's a mixed bag for me. Relieved by Ward - guy like him gives some hope that Sami can make his wingback system work. Underwhelmed by baldock - not as good as CMS so I don't see the point, not Champ quality for me. I haven't seen enough of clayton but the midfield is where we are most lacking any class whatsoever, so here's hoping

So when you back on the snooker circuit Hendry?

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
As I've been saying we'll sign those three (and another striker) for the best part of a week, he probably does, yes.

Bozza,

Your the one person I do take seriously...

However, are these 3 and the additional striker likely to arrive before next Saturday ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Or perhaps our offers have been on the table, no-one has come up with anything better, and Brizzle City, Huddersfield and Ward have decided to take what they can get.

I concur and think AN has been drip fed snippets of info by the club to get things moving along to appease the fans.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Excellent. Exactly what we need, 3 of the 4 or 5 squad vacancies filled.

Would still need the direct replacement for Leo, of course, but other than that we'll nearly be there.

I wonder if signing Clayton means Agustien is being packed off somewhere.
One can only hope re. Agustien. Big wages, big attitude, big ability, but tiny will to put in any damned effort in.

Reading that article about Stocko has highlighted this difference in mindset.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There's no issue with Ward's pay. There is an issue with Wolves and the fee.

Wolves paid Bohemians £100k for Ward in 2007 , are they looking to recoup that fee ?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As I've been saying we'll sign those three (and another striker) for the best part of a week,

I knew there had to be a catch, the news was too positive. Now bozza reveals we're signing them on one week contracts. Will they even be here long enough to play a game?!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I wonder if one or two will be officially announced today ???

AN was clearly authorised to print this story, so things must be very close, or even already done.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
That'd actually be enough to get me excited about this season! Shame they won't have time to gel but would be brilliant signings. Adding in a big, strong Ulloa replacement would then be the icing on the cake IMO

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Did not expect that. If the club pull it off, my expectations of this season will dramatically change.

Absolutely, these three would be quality signings, l so hope that we do sign them. Add to the mix a central defender and another striker and we'll be ready to go! The extra two could be covered by loan signings for now.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I wonder if one or two will be officially announced today ???

AN was clearly authorised to print this story, so things must be very close, or even already done.

There are news releases the club put timed embargoes on (official announcements of signings, kit launches etc), but he doesn't need any "authorisation" from the Albion whatsoever to print stuff like this, which is essentially gossip & speculation, however well-founded.

He can print what he likes, within certain non-libellous boundaries of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here