trio expected to sign

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France
Fantastic news, hope it all happens!

Go and get tickets for Sheffield Wednesday now - hope it sells out!

Wonder if Tony had to make it happen?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Really? I wouldn't expect them to tell us anything until they have a signing to announce.

Well if they are nowhere near signing, or not even had offers accepted, I would expect some sort of "managing expectations" comment at some point - nothing specific, just general. But then we had one not long ago which many seem to have ignored or forgotten, so maybe not just yet.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
So in other words we've held out hoping they'll drop their prices, they haven't, so we're going to pay the full price we could have a month ago? Excellent :moo:

Or completely the opposite. We've held out hoping they'll drop their prices, they have, so we're not going to pay full price like we would have done a month ago.

Jesus there are some one eyed tits on NSC.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
£8m in a fortnight ago, the extra £3k a week for Ward could have been executed within an hour not still paper talk

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
The thing is he's told us nothing new. We know we've had bids knocked back for some of them and we know we still want them. Wonder just how much it's recycling stories or these signings now genuinely look likely? 3 very very good signings if true, shame they've missed preseason but if they all show up with an ethic like Stockdale it'll be great, better than drafting them in post August 9th.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I think that, if true, this is appalling news. Can you imagine just how quiet it'll be in here in relation to whingeing, moaning, naysaying and doom and gloom?

Tena may start to lose money.

I for one hope that we can go back to normality soon.

Barbershop trio.
Who'd have imagined it eh lads, those that were grumbling because we haven't signed any players suddenly not grumbling because we have signed some players. Wonders never cease eh :rolleyes:
That would be absolutely superb news, and should shut the doom-mongers on here right up.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The thing is he's told us nothing new. We know we've had bids knocked back for some of them and we know we still want them. Wonder just how much it's recycling stories or these signings now genuinely look likely? 3 very very good signings if true, shame they've missed preseason but if they all show up with an ethic like Stockdale it'll be great, better than drafting them in post August 9th.

This is my take on the Argus story. The title appears considerably more positive than the content in the body of the article. We are just taking too long to seal the deal, even if it happened today.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Would still need an out and out striker that will replace ulloa on top of those 3

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Who'd have imagined it eh lads, those that were grumbling because we haven't signed any players suddenly not grumbling because we have signed some players. Wonders never cease eh :rolleyes:

But the whining, moaning is absolutely spot on. We are ill-prepared for the season ahead. Anyone, like me, who watched the Crawley, Posh, Stains games and with any clue about footie, would know that is the unpalatable truth. TBH I'm p1ssed off with the moaners moaning about the moaners.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
This is my take on the Argus story. The title appears considerably more positive than the content in the body of the article. We are just taking too long to seal the deal, even if it happened today.

I agree with you on the article. Something doesn't add up. However, the Argus doesn't generally go ahead with headlines like that if there is no substance. Naylor is not perfect but I don't think he makes stuff up for the back page.

However, there's no quote in the article or even a suggestion of having had a bid accepted. It also says we expect to sign them and maybe even by the start of the season, suggesting that deals are not that close.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
But the whining, moaning is absolutely spot on. We are ill-prepared for the season ahead. Anyone, like me, who watched the Crawley, Posh, Stains games and with any clue about footie, would know that is the unpalatable truth. TBH I'm p1ssed off with the moaners moaning about the moaners.
My post was intended to be sarcastic...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Would still need an out and out striker that will replace ulloa on top of those 3

Agree with this. I think that Baldock would play wider in a front three and we'd look to bring in the Ulloa replacement as well, although that could be rubbish. Hopefully a combination of O'Grady, Baldock, CMS, Clayton, Buckley and KLL will get enough goals to keep us going until the new Ulloa comes in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports