Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

trio expected to sign

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Excellent. Exactly what we need, 3 of the 4 or 5 squad vacancies filled.

Would still need the direct replacement for Leo, of course, but other than that we'll nearly be there.

I wonder if signing Clayton means Agustien is being packed off somewhere.

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Clayton, Ward and Baldock would be good signings but I think we would still need a replacement for Leo - that is a £2/3M striker who can lead the line, is a presence and can score goals.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
what a difference a day makes....yesterday on NSC it was all gloom and sadness ,fans saying 'Do the powers that be realise...'.....'.Why haven't we bought ...'etc.
Today happiness and joy abundant....it's not confirmed yet but I hope it's true about these signings...at least it will stop the dark clouds of negativity
on NSC.....Keep the Faith!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Andy Naylor? Pffft, what does he know? Gets all his stories from here - does't he?

Oh...

:moo:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
That would be absolutely superb news, and should shut the doom-mongers on here right up.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
If this happens its a great start and further opportunities to strengthen before the end of the window. TB must have been playing hardball. Lets see if Baldock & Clayton are left out from preseason games today.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
what a difference a day makes....yesterday on NSC it was all gloom and sadness ,fans saying 'Do the powers that be realise...'.....'.Why haven't we bought ...'etc.
Today happiness and joy abundant....it's not confirmed yet but I hope it's true about these signings...at least it will stop the dark clouds of negativity

For about 20 minutes.

Very positive news this, but I do wonder how much of it is speculation by Mr Naylor - nothing in there suggest bids have now been accepted and no quotes from the club. I am sure we will hear something from the club if these 3 are not as close as seems, but Ward seems most likely following a comment by another journalist on a different thread.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
It WOULD be great news if true and I really hope it is BUT the article seems a bit messy to me. The sentence 'The saga....' does not make sense at all... it looks like bit of a cut and paste and there is nothing in there we haven't talked about on NSC. Certainly 'expected' is the one key word in the article that we are getting excited about. I truly hope this is not Argus wishful thinking because if I was the club and this wasn't confirmed Id be pretty pissed off with Mr Naylor.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Bold statement from Andy Naylor.... If true and we make these 3 additions then fair play to him and fantastic for the club.

If they don't happen then Naylor looses any credibility he may have IMO.

My God I hope he's right with this one.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Great if true about Ward and Clayton. Not sure about Baldock, his record at this level is no better than what we already have. CMS has proved that banging them in a league 1 level, is a world away from the championship. Not sure he is the answer to our goal problem.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Very positive news this, but I do wonder how much of it is speculation by Mr Naylor - nothing in there suggest bids have now been accepted and no quotes from the club.
Indeed. I'm not going to get excited until players sign.
I am sure we will hear something from the club if these 3 are not as close as seems
Really? I wouldn't expect them to tell us anything until they have a signing to announce.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
So in other words we've held out hoping they'll drop their prices, they haven't, so we're going to pay the full price we could have a month ago? Excellent :moo:

Good negotiating that. Knowing our luck the price will now go up.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford

I presume you are aware that NSC is bipolar :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here