Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

trio expected to sign

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
We seem unable to sign the calibre of player required to fulfill our stated ambition. Maybe we should shut up about the ambition.

Starting with the club and 'One Ambition' ?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
League One players probably, we might be able to compete with league One clubs, seems we struggle to compete with Championship teams after the same players. Off the top of my head we have lost out to Bournemouth and Millwall and now probably Middlesborough. Not parachute payment clubs either.

Seems we are a long way off PLR on the field. Hopefully the club will be a bit more honest about our short term ambitions at tonight's forum.

You forgot Brentford (Obudajo) and Charlton (Gudmundsson) for clubs that players have chosen over us recently. It's mystifying how we are unable to attract players to the club.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Starting with the club and 'One Ambition' ?

Perhaps that ambition is to be the most FFP compliant club in League 2?!

Out muscled and outmaneuvered in the transfer market by Middlesborough, Brentford, Bournemouth, Charlton and Millwall. Losing our best players with very little coming in the other way. £4.20 for a pint of Harvey's.

:lolol: Deary me. Oh well on to the next target.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Looking forward to seeing Clayton in action, a real snip at £2m...

Oh wait he's gone elsewhere?...

Well done Naylor.

And it's Andy Naylor's fault how, exactly? If you're blaming AN, you might as well blame Bozza, and the countless other people who have said Clayton was going to come to us.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
And it's Andy Naylor's fault how, exactly? If you're blaming AN, you might as well blame Bozza, and the countless other people who have said Clayton was going to come to us.

I don't think anyone's blaming Naylor for what's happened. Speaking personally, I blame him (and a little bit others on here too although they've not printed it on the back page of a newspaper) for getting my hopes up.

I will be going into the Sheffield Wednesday game very frustrated on Saturday, unless the club can pull something out of the bag over the next couple of days. At the start of the week I would have been happy if we signed just Ward before Saturday, after all the talk on here I'd be disappointed if that happens (and even that is looking unlikely now).

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
You forgot Brentford (Obudajo) and Charlton (Gudmundsson) for clubs that players have chosen over us recently. It's mystifying how we are unable to attract players to the club.

Whilst we all love Brighton and Sussex, it's still at the arse end of the country and that has to be a big consideration in uprooting your family for a couple of years. Clayton looks like a prime example, match wages and valuation and then his missus chimes in by saying you know what Middlesboro is closer in terms of family, do you mind if we go there. Of course he's going to take that into consideration.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I thought transfers these days were kept private as much as possible until the player had actually signed.

One might ask who gave Bozza etc this information....and does he think it right that he betrayed that informant to the masses on here ?

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton

Strange I was shot down a couple of weeks ago when I asked "What's gone wrong. Those of us who put up with the misery of Gillingham and then got soaking wet at Withdean, were told once we have the Amex, we will have no problem attracting the players we want".

All sounds hollow now!!!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Strange I was shot down a couple of weeks ago when I asked "What's gone wrong. Those of us who put up with the misery of Gillingham and then got soaking wet at Withdean, were told once we have the Amex, we will have no problem attracting the players we want".

All sounds hollow now!!!

Sky-logo.jpg

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don't think anyone's blaming Naylor for what's happened. Speaking personally, I blame him (and a little bit others on here too although they've not printed it on the back page of a newspaper) for getting my hopes up.

I will be going into the Sheffield Wednesday game very frustrated on Saturday, unless the club can pull something out of the bag over the next couple of days. At the start of the week I would have been happy if we signed just Ward before Saturday, after all the talk on here I'd be disappointed if that happens (and even that is looking unlikely now).

I actually believe some people WILL blame Andy Naylor for this deal apparently breaking down. Quite frankly it is ridiculous. He wrote a piece saying he expected them to sign, the same thing a lot of other people were saying. What I can't quite comprehend is the fact that he gets slated on here for not knowing anything, and yet the same people are chastising him for believing what he wrote was gospel. :dunce: It just doesn't add up - it's either one, or the other.

Putting the Naylor-bashing to one side, I thought someone had said it was a case (at one stage, at least) of Baldock OR Clayton? No-one knows exactly what is going on behind the scenes, but I fully expect the club to have backups for all of their targets, and bring in quality players to boost the squad.

You can't miss what you never had. Onwards and upwards :albion2:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

All sounds hollow now!!!

Would you be happy to expand on that?

Have we not had our fair share of Sky TV revenue over the last couple of years? Is our lack of SkyTV revenue culpable for us missing out on players? Forgive me if I'm wrong but I'm fairly sure we've had a fair number of live games - the play-offs helped see to that.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
A nice stadium and a world class training complex will of course attract top quality players. But not unless you pay the going rate for them, simples.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here