Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

trio expected to sign

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
According to Cotterill the bids for Baldock so far have been derisory and the Clayton deal seems a way off. I am poised for bedwetting.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I wonder if Naylor wrote the article to put pressure on the club to get the deals done, or to create trouble for the club (raise expectations ahead of the fans forum, leading to more difficult questioning there), or if he genuinely believed the deals were close enough to being done to write the article (whatever his sources were)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
For me the key one to get is Ward and really as a matter of urgency.

Clayton would be helpful to the team, but not essential, and as I've mentioned in another thread just not convinced re Baldock.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Baldock and Clayton not sounding like this week now? Or is this bluster from their respective clubs to make it look like they got a high price

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
According to Cotterill the bids for Baldock so far have been derisory and the Clayton deal seems a way off. I am poised for bedwetting.

Evidence that managers don't know a lot about transfers & sales.
http://www.nottinghampost.com/Notti...arce-reveals/story-22069194-detail/story.html

STUART Pearce today revealed that Jamaal Lascelles and Karl Darlow were sold to Newcastle against his advice.

The Nottingham Forest manager felt that the club could attract more than the £7m or so fee that has been agreed with the Premier League club.

Pearce advised at much when asked about the situation when Newcastle first registered an interest last week.

And he only found out that the deal was going ahead today when Lascelles himself informed him that he was heading to the north-east for a medical.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
As I've been saying we'll sign those three (and another striker) for the best part of a week, he probably does, yes.

Do you still stand by this or has something changed?

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Personally I wouldn't go above 1.5 million total, but 20+ goals and promotion would realistically mean we'd be able to pay a top up.

If we get Baldock for 1.5m it will be an absolute bargain. If Clayton is worth 1.5m to 2m with a year left on his deal. How is baldock worth a similar amount? Goal scorers cost money. CMS cost us what 2.5m years ago and the market is more inflated now. Bristol city have a wealthy owner and they are looking to go up this year. I can't see them selling cheaply. In any event, it'll be an undisclosed fee I bet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here