Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO v ENGLAND OFFICIAL THREAD

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
not the last but during the linekar/gazza days they wore the shirt with pride not like the current bunch who only do it to enhance their bank balance..
imo playing for your country should be done for pride and not money, the revenues invested in grass roots football for kids and team managers not being allowed to have a say if their players are called up.. an ideal world eh, will never happpen now.

Terry Butcher is the player that stands out most for me followed by Pearce both in the same mould.

Would have thrown themselves in the way of anything and wearing the 3 lions was the most important thing in the world and they truly stepped up to the plate!!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
we looked thoroughly SHIT!!!!!!!!!!! no passion or pride anymore :nono:

eh? after 3-0 up we took our foot off the pedal. job done, what did you want, 7-0 embarressment for T&T? are you Ernest in disguise?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
eh? after 3-0 up we took our foot off the pedal. job done, what did you want, 7-0 embarressment for T&T? are you Ernest in disguise?

No 5-0 at least against a team like that!!! Why the f*** do we take our foot off the gas?? It's what we do in friendlies and then we do it when it matters time after time.

Play until the final f***ing whistle FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Good to see Gerrard has reverted to playing like an absolute lazy twat again.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
The whole game was just a publicity stunt to try and get the T&T guy who is Vice president of FIFA (cant remember his name) so it was never going to be a thrashing!

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Nice to have an England game to watch late Sunday night.

I thought Barry was impressive as was Woodgate.

Someone said they had some money on an 3-1 England win. By the way Hart was playing at 3-0 I reckon he had a fair bit on that scoreline too!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Politics aside, what a pointless match? T & T must be the worst side we've ever chosen to play a friendly against! Awful. What can be learned from watching Jemaine Defoe score 2 more goals against a pub team? (He's now scored 5 for England, and two of those were against Andorra, so yes, we now know he can score against crap teams :rolleyes: )

Roll on Euro 2008 when some proper football will be played. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here