Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tributes to David Cameron

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
He was a puppet to the EU and the states and failed miserably although I thank him for one of the happiest days I've had by getting out of the EU...that's about it from dodgy Dave :)

So really you are happy with Cameron that he was so hopeless if you see what I mean, if he was any good we would either not have had a referendum or voted to remain.
So cocky he thought that the country would vote the way he wanted, something he did many times, useless ****

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
He presided over a period of austerity for the low-paid while cutting taxes for his rich mates as the gap between rich and poor reached medieval levels.

Then he gambled his country's future to save his own worthless political skin - and lost.

But hey, don't worry about callmeDave because he'll be okay, living off his dad's untaxed offshore wealth. Good riddance.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
So really you are happy with Cameron that he was so hopeless if you see what I mean, if he was any good we would either not have had a referendum or voted to remain.
So cocky he thought that the country would vote the way he wanted, something he did many times, useless ****
I'm pointing out the only highlight of Cameron and that's giving us a referendum and even better we're leaving the EU.
Apart from that he was useless !!!! :)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I know many people who reckon a benign dictatorship is the best form of government, and there are times I agree with them

Yes, but only if the benign dictatorship agrees with you. If you don't agree with the 'benign dictatorship', expect a knock on the door in the middle of the night soon!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Has there ever been a sense of national interest, community spirit and culture? Ever? Maybe during the Second World War, but not whilst I've been alive (Babyboomer)

Bl**dy hell, what a misery you are. 1960s, Wilson government, I'm backing Britain. Remember that? Look it up if you don't. The end of thatcher and (after a while) the Blair government coming in - New Labour and all that; it was good until he blew it all by agreeing to help settle Bush family scores in Iraq. There have been good times; not many, maybe, but there have been times when everything was going well.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Overheard on Newsnight someone saying that his biggest mistake was winning the 2015 election. Hard to disagree.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Coalition years = good. Tory majority = lost the plot.

Calling the referendum was ill-advised, making a balls up of the Remain Campaign was unforgiveable.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
His legacy will be being remembered as the politician who gave us the chance to leave the EU. The downside to his legacy will be that he did it by mistake!

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Compares favourably with Pol Pot, Mugabe and Ceausescu, less favourably with Neville Chamberlain and Anthony Eden. Makes John Major look like a giant of politics. Left us with a legacy that will haunt us for generations and did it by a mixture of arrogance, stupidity and self-interest.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
David thank you so very much, for sticking with us through some difficult times. I know it's caused some hardship for many, inc the mentally ill and disabled. But it was good to know that 'we were all in it together' and that you and George were suffering as well.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Compares favourably with Pol Pot, Mugabe and Ceausescu, less favourably with Neville Chamberlain and Anthony Eden. Makes John Major look like a giant of politics. Left us with a legacy that will haunt us for generations and did it by a mixture of arrogance, stupidity and self-interest.

For all his faults it seems a bit harsh to compare him to mass murderers. Why not throw in Hitler for good measure ?

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bl**dy hell, what a misery you are. 1960s, Wilson government, I'm backing Britain. Remember that? Look it up if you don't. The end of thatcher and (after a while) the Blair government coming in - New Labour and all that; it was good until he blew it all by agreeing to help settle Bush family scores in Iraq. There have been good times; not many, maybe, but there have been times when everything was going well.
I remember the 60s when there was a film called I'm alright Jack. People moaned so the Prime Minister MacMillan,said, 'You've never had it so good'.
Wilson implored people to buy British because Japan & Korea were flooding the UK with their good, & our manufacturing was starting to falter. Even then, jobs were being lost, whilst unions were going on strike over whether tea breaks should be 10 or 15 minutes.
The good old 70s with three day weeks, power cuts, the winter of discontent etc etc etc.

There have been some good times, but there's been bad times alongside them. That's life.
The concept of making Britain great again is a myth. Great Britain is a geographical term, not a political one.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
DC many thanks for successfully and systematically ripping the Labour Party apart and exposing them as them as the filth that they are masquerading as the party who cares more about themselves than anyone else!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
You are having a laugh aren't you.
1) Farming.
UK farming declined in profitability by 29% in 2015. A loss of over £1.5bn. The biggest year-on-year fall since 2000. Now at its lowest level of profitability since 2007. The contribution of the agriculture sector fell by 14% ( £1.4bn ) in 2015. Reasons.....lower commodity prices, weaker demand, strength of sterling and delayed payments. Weak government in failing to support British farmers.
2) Fishing.
Words fail me if you think fishing is doing ok. Its been decimated. Try finding one single UK fisherman who voted Remain.
Case closed.

You're having a laugh aren't you?
1) Farming
UK farming receives between £2.5bn - £3bn per annum (depending on the exchange rate) from Brussels
The EU subsidies provide about 50% of British farmers income
UK farming access to the EU enables it to exports over half of it's produce, worth £11bn a year.
UK farming profitability is determined by a range of factors such as management efficiency, production efficiency, domestic and international competition, the strength of the £, wages, consumer demand, consumer price resistance, wholesaler agreements, distribution costs etc. all of which have nothing to do with the EU.
2) Fishing
There are about 11000 fishermen in the UK, less than half of whom are English, a figure down 12% on 2004
There is considerable constraint on fishing due to global concern about the collapse of stocks and Britain (as is the EU) is bound by international agreements that limit catches
In 2014 (latest figures) there was a 21% and 16% increase in quantity and value respectively of fish landed over 2013 as a result of conservation measures taken in previous years
Case opened.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
DC and GO have started the northern power house let's hope TM sends Borris up north to complete the job as we will need it as the south won't be able to keep paying for ithe north .Let's hope the building company's go north as well and build on the waste lands instead of our green fields. We need to rebalance the wealth and we will have a better & fairer country.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
For all his faults it seems a bit harsh to compare him to mass murderers. Why not throw in Hitler for good measure ?

I didn't equate him in any way with those mass murderers. The point I was making was that in my opinion there have been very few non-despotic, non-psychopathic leaders who have had has as negative, irreversible, impact than Cameron. Others feel differently I know.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
You're having a laugh aren't you?
1) Farming
UK farming receives between £2.5bn - £3bn per annum (depending on the exchange rate) from Brussels
The EU subsidies provide about 50% of British farmers income
UK farming access to the EU enables it to exports over half of it's produce, worth £11bn a year.
UK farming profitability is determined by a range of factors such as management efficiency, production efficiency, domestic and international competition, the strength of the £, wages, consumer demand, consumer price resistance, wholesaler agreements, distribution costs etc. all of which have nothing to do with the EU.
2) Fishing
There are about 11000 fishermen in the UK, less than half of whom are English, a figure down 12% on 2004
There is considerable constraint on fishing due to global concern about the collapse of stocks and Britain (as is the EU) is bound by international agreements that limit catches
In 2014 (latest figures) there was a 21% and 16% increase in quantity and value respectively of fish landed over 2013 as a result of conservation measures taken in previous years
Case opened.[/QUOTE
]

Whilst I am sure you are right about the need to conserve stocks, and there are international agreements, that does not mean to say that our fishermen regard them as fair. I am no expert, but do know that the fishermen here in Hastings are very angry about what they see as unfair treatment, and that European fleets can take more of what is available. Moreover, they strongly suspect that others are ignoring the rules.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here