Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travellers back!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
The amount of hatred on this thread is shocking.

No-one can defend breaking the law and leaving a mess behind, but the reason this happens is that these people have a history and a culture that is currently almost impossible to maintain in this country. They don't have any land to go to, no one wants them nearby and they don't want to live in regular housing because it's at odds with their traditional way of life. Everywhere they go they are unwelcome and abused. Is it any wonder they behave antisocially? (Though I agree they don't help themselves by behaving that way.)

It's a similar story with native Americans and Australian aborigines. You take someone's way of life away and they will suffer from alcoholism, crime and an array of antisocial behaviours. That's what's happening here because our society isn't catering for travellers.

And before someone says they should go back where they came from, that's rubbish. There have been travelling communities in England and across Europe for centuries.

We are not talking about traditional gypsies though are we? We are talking about Irish tinkers. The type who are parasites to modern society. The type who's very existence is based upon crime of one form or another.

I take it that you have had few dealings with this type, if you post such bleeding hearts type garbage!

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex

No-one can defend breaking the law and leaving a mess behind, but the reason this happens is that these people have a history and a culture that is currently almost impossible to maintain in this country. They don't have any land to go to, no one wants them nearby and they don't want to live in regular housing because it's at odds with their traditional way of life. Everywhere they go they are unwelcome and abused. Is it any wonder they behave antisocially? (Though I agree they don't help themselves by behaving that way.)

It's a similar story with native Americans and Australian aborigines. You take someone's way of life away and they will suffer from alcoholism, crime and an array of antisocial behaviours. That's what's happening here because our society isn't catering for travellers.

And before someone says they should go back where they came from, that's rubbish. There have been travelling communities in England and across Europe for centuries.

It's not hatred though. It's frustration and resentment. Why should they be allowed to throw up on the rulebook when the rest of us are thrown in prison if we fail to pay our taxes, obey the law etc?

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
We are not talking about traditional gypsies though are we? We are talking about Irish tinkers. The type who are parasites to modern society. The type who's very existence is based upon crime of one form or another.

I take it that you have had few dealings with this type, if you post such bleeding hearts type garbage!

Just offering an explanation about why they behave badly. And I'm right, whether you choose to accept it or not. Set up a system that enables them to move around onto designated land etc and the level of disruption, over time, would fall. The alternative is carrying on as we are which clearly isn't working for either side. These people aren't going to disappear, no matter how much you might wish it.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
This lot don't seem to be travelling except in a ten mile circle around the Brighton area. They are a parasite upon our city and surrounding environs. Why the hell are the council and police not staking these fuckers out, gathering enough evidence to put them away for years? To scared? To PC (greens so yes it's their fault inviting them here in the first place). If this continues it's only a matter of time until the public take direct action - that's what happens if the authorities do nothing. Hitler was right

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Just offering an explanation about why they behave badly. And I'm right, whether you choose to accept it or not. Set up a system that enables them to move around onto designated land etc and the level of disruption, over time, would fall. The alternative is carrying on as we are which clearly isn't working for either side. These people aren't going to disappear, no matter how much you might wish it.

The answer is very simple. The government need to deal with them by passing laws against them, and putting them in camps until they behave like humans.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Just a thought. We'd better stay away from the Hitler thing. I think it might be a bit too close to the line....

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
It's not hatred though. It's frustration and resentment. Why should they be allowed to throw up on the rulebook when the rest of us are thrown in prison if we fail to pay our taxes, obey the law etc?

I agree it's frustration and resentment. The posts suggesting they should all be burned, shot or gassed sound like hatred though.

On the rule book point, I agree but we have to make society flexible enough to accommodate more than one way of life. If you do that then it's legitimate to enforce the rules stringently. But at the moment these communities are effectively outside of our society because their way of life currently isn't possible in a sustainable way.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I agree it's frustration and resentment. The posts suggesting they should all be burned, shot or gassed sound like hatred though.

On the rule book point, I agree but we have to make society flexible enough to accommodate more than one way of life. If you do that then it's legitimate to enforce the rules stringently. But at the moment these communities are effectively outside of our society because their way of life currently isn't possible in a sustainable way.

That if Gypsies is, they tend to be welcome in the countryside, and are relatively small in numbers. It is "travelers - or Irish Tinkers!" that is the problem. They serve no purpose and need to be firmly dealt with.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The answer is very simple. The government need to deal with them by passing laws against them, and putting them in camps until they behave like humans.

I don't think somehow this government would opt for a "Final Solution" :wink:

Nov 27, 2009
I believe that travellers have as much right to live on the land that the queen owns as anyone else in the country does. I believe people should be able to opt out of being a taxpayer in a similar way that travellers do. Essentially I don't think ownership of land is a good thing, and unused land should be made available to communities such as travellers rather than there being a constant fight between councils over tax paid public spaces. The law should enforce immediate eviction from tax paid public spaces in return for fair & quality designated land for them to live on.

Bloody tree hugging do goodie, communist.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing

Oh do give over with your bleeding heart nonsense. You'll get little to no sympathy for it on these pages.

Traveller's aren't mystical, cultural being's in this day and age. They're a bunch of thieving, lying, scrounging scumbags, who live like f***ing pirates. They are a menace to the good people of Brighton, causing pollution, crime increase and social degeneration. They can f*** off as far as I'm concerned

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
In Brighton & Hove the answer is tactical voting at the next council elections to remove councillors who are traveller and protester friendly.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

They are not outside of society though are they? They are a cancer feeding off of it!

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
In Brighton & Hove the answer is tactical voting at the next council elections to remove councillors who are traveller and protester friendly.

So should we remove the right to protest ? Think back to the 90s and certain Albion folk who we are indebted to. I thought I'd give that pointed example rather than a classical one.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
T
Oh do give over with your bleeding heart nonsense. You'll get little to no sympathy for it on these pages.

Traveller's aren't mystical, cultural being's in this day and age. They're a bunch of thieving, lying, scrounging scumbags, who live like f***ing pirates. They are a menace to the good people of Brighton, causing pollution, crime increase and social degeneration. They can f*** off as far as I'm concerned

Thanks for your thoughtful response. I can tell you've considered these issues deeply. You should let the government know that the best policy for this issue is for travelling communities to 'f*** off'.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
That could be same bastards who were moved off the green up carden avenue this morning, the green right next to the old evening argus warehouse.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
I've re-read the posts on this thread and I was wrong.
It's not just frustration and resentment..... It's frustration, resentment, anger and hatred all in one!
Now, where's the 'pikey go home smiley', when you need it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here